A Harper wizard has asked for help taking a Nether Scroll piece to a safer location at the end of Greenweald Lane.
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
|Takes place in:||Greenweald Lane|
|Bestowed by:||Tibalt Dormen|
|NPC contact:||Tibalt Dormen|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
A Harper has found one of Oriphaun's Nether Scroll pieces, but he needs your help with transporting the intensely magical fragment to a safe location.
Take the High Road to the Greenweald Trail. Once there, meet with the wizard Bensen Virandson and assist him with the scroll piece.
- This is the first quest in The Netherese Legacy story arc.
- Speak with Bensen Virandson
- Escort Bensen to the Harper Lodge
- Contain the Nether Scroll Fragment
- Defeat Dom, the mercenary leader
- (Optional) Defeat Thoven Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Nil Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Pelloth Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Song Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Dolthin Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Rand Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Udere Heroic: +2.5% Bonus. Epic: +2.5% Bonus.
Fire Spell Wards around Song's group
Tips and Misc
Quick walkthrough: Enter the quest. Break breakables in the house. Leave the house. Break breakables around the house. Talk to guy and get going. He is mostly invulnerable, but sometimes a dretch spawns when he takes hits. Follow the winding path, slaying humanoid skirmishers/archers/etc., including several orange named. Areas off the path may contain wolves, spiders or bears. Pass a shrine around halfway through. When you approach an orange bard named Song, beware the spell wards.
Ultimately, you arrive at a big house. Your companion promptly enters the cellar, but you can safely break breakables and shrine up (upstairs). Then enter the cellar and break breakables. Buff up, speak to end boss and kill him, along with his Earth Elemental pet and some other friends he gets. Opening the magically warded container concludes the quest.
- The spawned dretches don't count towards your kills bonus; it may be worth leaving Bensen at the start of the quest and going back for him, especially if you have Dimension Door, to avoid having to fight them.
- Aggression bonus: 87 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 113 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 139 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The Spell Wards may respawn; if that happens, you will need to disable significantly more. In this case, 13 will only get you a Tamper bonus.
- Insta-killing Song seems to prevent more wards from spawning.
- Keeping the second wave of traps from appearing (by either searching *or* running into them) will keep the requirement from resetting, so don't search these out if you think you can avoid them.
- Similarly, avoiding searching out the first wave before the fight (i.e., luring Song and cohorts away from the traps before engaging, so the traps are neither searched nor run into) may also change the requirements (untested theory).
- Chests: 4
- One after defeating Nil
- One after defeating Song
- One after defeating Rand
- One after defeating Dom (end chest)
- Collectables: 6
- Adventurer's Pack on the ridge after Nils' ambush
- Adventurer's Pack on the point of the ridge further down (a little before Toven's ambush)
- Adventurer's Pack on a ridge just before Song's ambush
- Adventurer's Pack on a ridge just after Dolthin's ambush, amongst the spider trees
- Bones behind an outbuilding at the end
- Cabinet on the catwalk in the basement, to the north (can be reached by ladder at the far right, in the dark)
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
- ML16: , †Random Spell Power 78, , ,
- ML17: , †Random Spell Power 84, , ,
- ML18: , †Random Spell Power 90, , ,
- ML23: , †Random Spell Power 108, , ,
- ML24: , †Random Spell Power 114, , ,
- ML25: , †Random Spell Power 120, , ,
- †Random Spell Power: Combustion, Corrosion, Glaciation, Impulse, or Magnetism.
|Dire Bear (view)||Animal||Bear|
|Pelloth (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Slam (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Udere (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Brush Creeper (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Dretch (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Netherese Wizard (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Roving Wolf (view)||Animal||Wolf|
|Sellsword Archer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Brute (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Footpad (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Skirmisher (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Summoned Shadow (view)||Undead||Shadow|