Search and Rescue
An ancient tomb has been unearthed deep in the Stonelands ... but those who uncovered it have now disappeared within.
|Search and Rescue|
|Epic level:|| 31|
|Takes place in:||Stonelands Crevasse|
|Bestowed by:||Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks|
|NPC contact:||Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
A group of adventurers have been lost in the Stonelands, and one of their number has sought out your aid. Travel to the Stonelands Crevasse and rescue the lost adventurers. This adventure is harder than average for this level.
- Rescue the missing adventurers (5 total)
- Find and enter the tomb
- Find your way deeper into the complex
- Find the Master of the Tomb
- Slay Laeron
- Explore the Caverns
- (Optional) Investigate the Underdark Passage
- (Optional) Investigate the Underdark Tunnel
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Find a way into the Outpost
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Gain Access to the Lower Levels
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Disrupt the Ritual
- (Optional) Drow Outpost: Slay the High Priestess
What to Expect
- Fairly long optional area, bringing someone who can open locks can make it shorter
- Respawning Slaads in the optional area
- Large variety of enemies
- Spell Wards (Spell Wards including; unholy and fire), and a pit of Spikes and Blades in the Drow fortress optional
Tips and Misc
- Enter the temple
- Use two control orbs in the corners to open the way forward.
- Go downstairs, kill Laeron and loot his chest.
- Use the lever at the back of the throne to proceed.
The High Priestess optional
- From Laeron's throne room, stick to the left wall to reach underdark entrance.
- After defeating the first drow, turn right.
- (If you cannot handle locked door, turn left instead, swim to an underwater button, swim back to through the opened portcullis and pick up Silver key.)
- Ascend the ramp and defeat few more drow.
- Unlock door to enter a drow city. They attack. Straight way to the archers is well trapped; it is possible to jump up to them from the side, avoiding most traps.
- There are two switches on the platform: The one on the left allows you to slay a few more drow and you can eventually find a locked secret door and a locked chest behind it. One of the rooms has an iron key in it, use it to unlock the locked switch. Picking up the key spawns a pair of shrines in the south wing.
- The locked switch on the right open the way forward.
- There's a spell ward immediately after the door. Soon you reach a large square room with multiple semitransparent floors. Clearing the bottom floor completes the Disrupt the Ritual optional, awards a chest and shrines.
- The final objective in this area is not far. The room closes behind you once the fight activates. Slay the priestess with a significant number of friends, including a Draegloth. You're rewarded with two chests; the right one can drop named loot.
- It's a long run back, you get to fight Slaad respawns (or invis. past), using Dimension Door is probably faster.
The other Underdark optional
- This one is northeast from Laeron's throne room. Bunch of Umber Hulks break a wall when you approach it. You can then proceed into a secret tunnel, ending with another entrance to Underdark.
- Here, slay one pack of drow to complete the optional; you're rewarded with a locked chest (legendary DC more than 88).
Back to the main quest
- From Laeron's throne room, proceed north-ish. Make sure to chat with the lost adventurers.
- Two are in the tunnels not far from the throne room
- One is behind a round door with kobolds
- One is in a hole/cave, the cave also has shrines and bats
- One is in the dragon room
- As you proceed north, you encounter more and more kobolds, including a boss kobold.
- Finally, you reach the Red Dragon. An impassible firewall will block the entrance. He calls some more kobolds.
- Kill dragon and talk to last adventurer to complete the quest.
- Conquest bonus: 452 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 23 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 30 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 7
- One for killing the mummy Laeron
- One end chest (drops Empowered Dragonscale, Festering Mummy Wraps, Heartwood)
- One locked for completing the short Underdark optional
- One for disrupting the ritual
- Two for slaying the high priestess (the right one drops Earthen Mantle and Drow Outrunner Armor)
- One locked behind a locked secret door
- Collectables: 0
- Currently all collectables in this quest are bugged and cannot be collected.
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
All items are Mythic Boost enchantment.and they can drop with the
Drow Priestess right chest
Red Dragon end chest
- Empowered Dragonscale - (Trinket) - , , , ,
- Festering Mummy Wrappings (Belt) - , , , ,
- Heartwood - (Wooden Docent) - , , , ,
Drow Priestess right chest
- Legendary Earthen Mantle - (Cloak) - , , , ,
- Legendary Drow Outrunner Armor - (Light Armor) - , , , Quality Poison Ward +3, ,
Red Dragon end chest
- Legendary Empowered Dragonscale - (Trinket) - , , , ,
- Legendary Festering Mummy Wrappings - (Belt) - , , , ,
- Legendary Heartwood - (Wooden Docent) - , , , ,
- Ancient Quells
- Ancient Skeletal Warriors
- Ancient Tomb Guardians
- Ancient Wheeps
- Clan Daeronnax Shamans
- Clan Daeronnax Slingers
- Clan Daeronnax Warriors
- Drider Warriors
- Drow Ritualists
- Drow Warpriestesses
- Harpy Scavengers
- Harpy Stalkers
- Lizardfolk Raiders
- Lizardfolk Warchanters
- Outpost Archers
- Outpost Guards
- Ravenous Umber Hulks
- Stonelands Bats
- Stonelands Fire Mephits
- Stonelands Sand Mephits
- Stonelands Scorpions
- Summoned Blue Slaads
- Summoned Green Slaads
- Summoned Red Slaads
- Clan Daeronnax Chieftain - orange-named kobolds
- Daeronnax - red-named red dragon, required kill
- Draegloth Ravager - orange-named draegloth, optional
- Il'tharis the Terrible - orange-named grey slaad, optional
- Laeron - red-named mummy lord, required kill
- Master Summoner Vur'din - red-named drow, optional
- Mistress Laerion'vyr - red-named drow, optional
- Soulrazer Drider - orange-named drider, optional