Disciples of Shar
The majestic Storm Horns Mountains form Cormy's border here. The foothills are home to wild animals, fugitives from Cormyr's laws, and worse.
|Disciples of Shar|
|Takes place in:||Storm Horns Foothills|
|Bestowed by:||Abella Toth|
|NPC contact:||Abella Toth|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Cormyr authorities have learned that a group of Shar worshippers has begun to assemble in the wilderness not too far from Eveningstar. Speak with Abella Toth in Eveningstar or the Wheloon Docks to travel to the Storm Horns Foothills and begin your search.
- Locate the Shar Worshippers
- Capture Dedryk Black
- Capture disciples of Shar (5 total)
- Talk to Dedryk Black
- (Optional) Capture more Disciples (7 total) (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Explore the hidden cavern (20% of base XP)
- Bear Traps (varies by difficulty)
- just after entering the cave
- in front of secret door
- in the ravine between the two platforms at the final pair of Disciples
Tips and Misc
- The archer Shar Worshippers use a frost bow; bring cold resist.
- The Disciples are clerics. This means they have some self healing ability, making it a little more challenging to get their health low enough to capture. It also means if you leave them alone they will fully recover.
- To capture a Disciple of Shar, you must first attack them. When they take enough damage, they'll surrender, stop fighting, and stand there with a stunned symbol overhead. To actually capture them, you must then speak to them.
- The Hidden Cavern is behind a trapped secret door on the western side of the map, past some wolves (the spur south of the shrine). There are several (up to 6 on Elite) orange-named mountain lions and a chest; killing the lions unlocks the chest, and opening the chest solves the optional. The lions can be quite challenging for the ill-prepared. You may wish to clear a path to resurrection shrine, which is behind several levered gates, before engaging the beasts.
- Several Shar Worshippers will spawn near the junction leading to the cavern on your way back out.
- There's a point of no return after the final two Shar Disciples.
- Aggression bonus: 108 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 4/8/14 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6/10/15 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 7/14/19 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- The amount of enemies seems to increase greatly by difficulty, but kill count bonus amounts are set, so there's no kill count bonus on Normal.
- The Traps bonus reset as you search out extra traps; the numbers listed are if you search & disable the first/second/third sets.
- Chests: 3
- 1 in the hidden cavern for killing all the lions
- 1 at end for capturing all disciples of Shar
- 1 at end
- NPC rewards: Standard, random +8 to +10 loot (item enchantment rating, not stat); choose from 10
Named Chest Drop
Guidance of Shar - Trinket (End chest)