The Deal and the Demon
Yugoloth mercenaries are found throughout the fiendish planes and other dark corners of the multiverse. They are notorious for serving whichever side suits their purposes - often, the highest bidder.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
|The Deal and the Demon|
|Epic XP:||♣9,006 ♦15,484 ♥15,959 ♠16,434|
|Takes place in:||The Realm of Ruin|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Ymris the Yugoloth has proposed a deal: help him and his mercenaries assassinate the Demon Kishnaurac, and he will help you retrieve the Orb that Kishnaurac is guarding for Lolth. If you can retrieve the Orb, it will bring you one step closer to freeing the Thread of the Weave.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Talk to Ymris the yugoloth
- Remove the Sign of Binding
- Remove the Sign of Shielding
- Remove the Sign of Vigilance
- (Optional) Let Ymris summon mercenaries (~7.5% of base XP)
- Spell Wards that do substantial fire damage, all can be disabled.
Tips and Misc
- The chest which contains the Spider-spun Caparison has been moved to the end of the quest and linked to allowing Ymris to summon his mercenaries. Previous to U17 it was near the beginning of the quest; the developers deemed this too easy.
- Graal'zerub can teleport off of the edge and fall. If this happens he may end up back towards the beginning of the quest. You will have to backtrack to kill him and complete the quest. This can be done after defeating Kishnarac.
- The Signs can either be touched to disable, which triggers a spell ward, or can be inspected closer to allow a check to be made to disable it without any problems. Binding has a UMD check. Shielding has a Str check. Vigilance has a concentration check.
- For the optional, the mercs help you kill the orange-named spider but turn on you for the boss fight at the end.
- Can be run solo in under 5 minutes making it a very fast loot and XP run. You can do the quest for loot over and over without returning to Eveningstar as long as you leave the orb alone.
- Aggression bonus: 24 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 end chest for defeating Kishnaurac
- 1 optional chest for allowing Ymris to summon his mercenaries and defeating them
- NPC rewards: Standard items, Potion of Major Mnemonic.
Named Chest Drop
- Planar Focus of Prowess - Trinket: Random Ability Bonus ( Constitution +8, Insightful Constitution +3, Dexterity +8, Insightful Dexterity +3, Strength +8 or Insightful Strength +3), Planar Focus: Prowess Set Bonus [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
- Spider-spun Caparison - Outfit: Random Ability Bonus ( Dexterity +8, Insightful Dexterity +3, Wisdom +8, or Insightful Wisdom +3), Armor Bonus +9, Resistance +6, Enhanced Ki +1, Reinforced Fists, Concentration +15, Vitality +20, Upgrade: 375 Purple Dragon Knights Favor and 15 Commendation: Villagers of Eveningstar adds Way Of The Sun Soul Set Bonus [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Chest Loot: Mercenary Chest)
- Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate - Medium Armor: +6 Enhancement Bonus (Total Armour Bonus 21, MDB 10), Random Ability Bonus ( Constitution +8, Insightful Constitution +3, Strength +8, Insightful Strength +3, Wisdom +8 or Insightful Wisdom +3), Vitality +20, Superior Nimbleness, Resistance +6, Inherent (5) Elemental Resistance, Upgrades: 375 Purple Dragon Knights Favor and: 15 Commendation: Clerics of Amaunator adds Amaunator's Blessing or 15 Commendation: Purple Dragon Knights adds Knight's Loyalty [ML:22, Bound to Character on Equip] (Chest Loot: Mercenary Chest)
- Arith'narac - Orange-named spider
- Chosen of Lolth - Orange-named drow
- Graal'zerub - Orange-named hezrou
- Kishnaurac - Red-named glabrezu; end boss
DC for Signs
|Skill||Quest Difficulty||Skill Total||Suspected DC range|
|Sign of Binding (Use Magical Device roll)||Normal||10:Fail||11-?|
|Sign of Shielding (Strength check)||Normal||27:Success||?-26|
|Sign of Vigilance (Concentration roll)||Normal||58-74:Success||?-52|
|Convince Ymris to not call his mercenaries (Intimidate roll)||Normal||43:Fail||44-?|