The House of Rusted Blades
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
Matron Jyr Dun’Robar is rumored to be one of the strongest warriors in the Underdark. Her House trains many heroes of Sschindylryn.
|The House of Rusted Blades|
|Takes place in:|| House Dun'Robar,|
|Bestowed by:||Traegar Vadamore|
|NPC contact:||Traegar Vadamore|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Shame House Dun'Robar into leaving the Drow alliance that waged war on Eveningstar. A powerful illusion-spell cast by the War Wizards will disguise you once you enter the house in Sschindylryn in the Underdark, so you can commit the sabotage in the appearance of a Drow. The Underdark can be accessed through Eveningstar Cavern. Sschindylryn can be entered far south of the entry portal and high above the cavern floor.
- This is part of the City of Portals story arc. You must complete it, The House of Broken Chains, and The House of Death Undone (in any order) to enable access to The Portal Opens.
- Apply the Ichor to the Battlemaster's Sword Rack
- Gather your party at the courtyard bell
- Ring the courtyard bell
- Defeat High Battlemaster Teblyn
- (Optional) Apply the Ichor to all the sword racks +17.4% Bonus.
- Several Spell Wards, in some halls and near sword racks; Search/Spot required:
- Trap on the levers leading to Jyr Dun'Robar's room; control panel on the floor in front of the barrier. Considerably lower Search DC than the wards on all levels.
Tips and Misc
- The only required kill here is the High Battlemaster, making this quest a fast XP/loot run. Sending someone with Dimension Door to get the Sword Rack while the party waits at the bell greatly shortens completion times.
- Dragging active enemies back to the main room allows all of the mobs on the floor that are fighting each other to activate as well. This must be performed before the Apply the Ichor to the Battlemaster's Sword Rack objective. Once completed, the enemies on the main room floor disappear.
- There are two levers by the secret door to Jyr Dun'Robar's room; the DM will remark one is "less tarnished with use" when you stand in front of it - this one will do nothing but trigger traps.
- The Jyr Dun'Robar fight cannot be fought after defeating Teblyn.
- A hire can be used to apply the ichor to the Battlemaster's rack with the player down the hall and then dismissed, to avoid that fight.
- A trapper can disable the three traps in the passageway between the Battlemaster's Quarters and where he spawns overlooking the Arena; this will require fighting at least two guards (as one set of doors can't be opened without alerting them), but after applying the ichor and gathering by the bell, most of the party can wait up the hall while one person stays by the bell. When ready, the person by the bell can ring it and scamper down the hall, while the rest of the party ranges the Battlemaster from up the hallway. This will draw his attention without alerting any of the other drow in the room. This can also be done solo with sufficient stealth; just make sure to open all the doors along your path first!
- Devious bonus: <11 or less monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: <22 or less monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 63 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 77 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 93-94 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 7 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Onslaught requires dragging an active enemy past the inactive ones to activate them. Ransack requires breaking breakables in Jyr Dun'Robar's room; ranging them from outside (so as not to trigger the fight) works.
- Chests: 3
- 1 for Jyr Dun'Robar
- 1 (locked) behind secret door
- 1 for end boss fight
- Collectables: 4
- Cabinet in the main barracks
- Bones in the armory
- Cabinet in the mess hall
- Cabinet in the bedroom side chamber where you find Jyr Dun'Robar
- NPC rewards: Standard with a chance of +3 Tomes
Named Chest Drop
- Seal of House Dun'Robar - Ring: Lesser Random Ability Score (enhancement +7 or insightful +2), Dodge 4%, (any of the following: Shatter +10, Stunning +10, Vertigo +10, Exceptional Combat Mastery +5, Tendon Slice 10%); (Jyr Dun'Robar)
- Drow X of the Weapon Master - +6 Weapons with a +1 Expanded critical threat, Triple base weapon damage (3W), Exceptional Combat Mastery +5, , , or Tendon Slice +10). These are named items, and thus cannot be Cannith crafted. [ML:21,BtCoE] (End chest)
and One Random Tactics Bonus (
- Drow Dagger of the Weapon Master
- Drow Light Mace of the Weapon Master
- Drow Quarterstaff of the Weapon Master
- Drow Longsword of the Weapon Master
- Drow Shortsword of the Weapon Master
- Drow Rapier of the Weapon Master
- Drow Khopesh of the Weapon Master
- Drow Maul of the Weapon Master
- Drow Warhammer of the Weapon Master
- Drow Greataxe of the Weapon Master
- Drow Bastard Sword of the Weapon Master
- Drow Scimitar of the Weapon Master
- Duergar Waraxe of the Weapon Master
|Jyr Dun'Robar (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Teblyn Dun'Robar (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Acolyte of Lolth (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Dun'Robar Sentry (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Guard (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|