The Battle for Eveningstar
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
The villages work feverishly to prepare for the Drow attack. Then night falls and there is nothing left to do but wait .....
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|The Battle for Eveningstar|
|Takes place in:||Eveningstar|
|Bestowed by:||Garwyn Thane|
|NPC contact:||Garwyn Thane|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Swordcaptain Garwyn Thane has recruited you to help defend Eveningstar against an imminent Drow attack. Help defend the village against the coming onslaught.
- This is the end quest for The Darkening story arc. You must complete Impossible Demands, The Unquiet Graves, and The Lost Thread (in any order) to enable access to this quest.
- Speak with Ana
- Secure the Temple Neighborhood
- Secure the Granary
- Secure Tummarlin's Farmstead
- Destroy the Drow Field Headquarters
- (Optional) Light additional bonfires - 8 total +5.5% Bonus.
- Bear Traps
Tips and Misc
- Lighting the bonfires "discourages drow patrols from entering the area." Basically it ends the respawns nearby. There are ten bonfires to be lit, counting the one by Ana.
- Be prepared to fight many of the same enemies you have encountered thus far, all on one map. They tend to be localized to the area around their similar orange named boss.
- Drow Slaves can be freed and join your side when the slaver is killed. You do not get a bonus this time, and it can take away from your kills. A new slaver entering the area makes the un-freed slaves hostile again, and you must successfully remove the collar to free them. (Collar DC)
- Necromancers can raise any dead one time, though they are not as frequently included in the respawns on this map.
- Each of the three areas you need to secure is guarded by an orange named boss similar to the boss of the flagging quests. Drow of similar types are in the same area as their boss.
- Temple area - Necromancer (Dark Incanter from The Unquiet Graves)
- Granary - Slave Master (The Lost Thread)
- Farmstead - Priestess (Priestess Vicala from Impossible Demands)
- She will drain the life force from the slaves and other NPC creatures alive around her, including mobs. Unless you can kill her very quickly, it may be faster and easier to ignore her at first and concentrate on the others.
- If any collared slaves spawn near the Priestess, it may be best to immediately kill them by intentionally botching the collar removal. It's not very heroic, but it stops them from being drained by the Priestess.
- Final Fight:
- The final fight takes place at the most southern portion of the map outside of town, just past a shrine.
- The field commander is a drow archer riding a red named Bebilith (Red Weaver). You must slay the Bebilith, then you can confront the Commander.
- At 50% and 25% the commander will summon reinforcements. On Epic Hard, the first wave consisted of a pair of Drow Warriors; the second wave was a pair of Driders
- Throughout the fight, Swarm Spiders will constantly spawn to attack you. They are a minor nuisance, but if there are many around they can trigger a Dungeon Alert when reinforcements arrive.
- Aggression bonus: 63 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 82 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 104 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 6 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 8 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 10 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 for securing the granary
- 1 End chest
- Collectables: 3
- Bones NE of Tummarlin's Farmstead in a ruined building next to a pyramid of rubble
- Bones at the Drow field headquarters
- One other
- NPC rewards: ML~20 items
Named Chest Drop
- Drow Piwafwi - Cloak: Hide +15, Move Silently +15, Invisibility Guard, Sneak Attack Bonus +5 [ML:20]
- Drow Smoke Goggles - Goggles: Blindness Immunity, Manslayer, Seeker +6, Spot -5 [ML:20] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
|Draya Dun'Robar (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Red Weaver (view)||Epic||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Collared Purple Dragon Knight (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Jevan (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Kal'anoth (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Xyra Dun'Robar (view)||Epic||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Collared Villager (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Drow Archer (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Necromancer (Forgotten Realms) (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Slaver (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Warrior (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Drow Zombie (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Raised War Wizard (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Skeletal Puppet (view)||Undead||Skeleton|
|Slain Villager (view)||Undead||Zombie|
|Swarmhorde Spider (view)||Vermin||Spider|
|Undead Necromancer (view)||Undead||Zombie|