The House of Death Undone
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|The House of Death Undone|
|Takes place in:||House Szind|
|Bestowed by:||Oryne Belamadin|
|NPC contact:||Oryne Belamadin|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
House Szind is rumored to have created a dangerous new form of undead. Enter the Drow house in the city of Sschindylryn in the Underdark, and destroy everything connect to these undead. An illusion spell placed by the War Wizards will disguise you the moment you enter Szind. The Underdark can be accessed through Eveningstar Cavern. Sschindylryn can be entered far south of the entry portal and high above the cavern floor.
- This is part of the City of Portals story arc. You must complete it, The House of Rusted Blades, and The House of Broken Chains (in any order) to enable access to The Portal Opens.
- Get flashstones from the laboratory.
- Destroy the library archive.
- Find and defeat Relig, the Head Necromancer.
- Destroy the 2 Cauldrons in the Head Necromancer's Chamber.(under the main platform)
- (Optional) Destroy 12 undead household servants +2.32% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy 24 undead household servants +4.66% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy 36 undead household servants +6.98% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Matron Zhivisha Szind +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Priestess Silan Szind +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the necromantic cauldrons in the servant's quarters with the flashstones. +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the necromantic cauldrons in the priestess's room with the flashstones. +5% Bonus.
- (Optional) Destroy the necromantic cauldrons in the matron's room with the flashstones. +5% Bonus.
Spell Wards, in the Laboratory, the Servant's Quarters, the Priestess' Chambers, the Matron's Chambers, and the Ritual Chamber.
Tips and Misc
- Necromancers are prevalent throughout the quest. They will respawn Drow killed near them as zombies. Kill necromancers first to avoid this, or kill them last to increase your kills for the zombie-destroying optional.
- If you chose to fight Matron Zhivsha you cannot claim Undead Priestess Silan's Chest.
- Only one party member is required to pick up flashstones (this is a change from pre-Update 17 where only 2 stones could be retrieved per party member). This will add all the flashstones necessary to destroy all five cauldrons in the quest, so have your inventory sufficiently clear for them.
- Be warned: As of Update 17, the cauldrons are powerful explosions that will kill you if you stand too close. You have less than 3 seconds to escape once a flashstone is used; do not wait for the Dungeon Master dialogue.
- The Library cauldron door is locked. A small party in the library guards a key there. You can slay the two guardian panthers inside the cauldron room for a chest you can loot before you destroy the cauldron. If you take a stealth approach and use the cauldron a bomb to kill both panthers, the chest inside will be destroyed.
- The optional zombie dormitory is an easy objective to complete the zombie slayer optional, especially given how most enemies you kill become zombies as well.
- There are two ways to the end-fight and Relig. The path from the primary hallway ends with a locked door, requires very high unlock skill. (DC > 75 on solo Epic Hard)
- A second path for parties without a Rogue is to go through the kitchen. The kitchen key can be found either behind the altar in the Temple, or it can spawn in the Servant's Quarters optional area. From the kitchen, find the Matron Mother pathway and use the door on the opposite side to a second door to the end fight. Guardian Panthers guard both doors to and from the Matron Mother.
- The end-fight can be a bit complicated. Relig is a necromancer that does raise a few of the Drow you kill as well as having a small undead mob of his own. Have Death Ward applied before you begin this fight.
- Once Relig is slain, destroying the two cauldrons in this room completes the quest.
- Devious bonus: 20 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 133-137 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 220 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 33 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 43 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 53 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- Collectables: 6
- Bones in the House Szind wizard's lab
- Cabinet in the House Szind library
- Adventurer's Pack near the northern cauldron in the servant's quarters
- Cabinet in the training room (past a locked door)
- Adventurer's Pack in the house temple to Lolth
- Cabinet in the southern alcove of the kitchen
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
- Staff of the Necromancer - Quarterstaff: 2[1d6]+6, +18 Spellcasting Implement, Potency +68, Nullification +102, Spell Penetration IX, Lesser Arcane Augmentation IX, Major Necromancy Focus [ML:21, BtCoE] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
- Holy Symbol of Lolth - Trinket: Spellcasting Implement +15, Nullification +102, Radiance +102, Impulse +102, Exceptional Charisma +1, Exceptional Wisdom +1, Embrace of the Spider Queen [ML:21, BtCoE] (Chest Loot: Matron's Daughter Chest)
- Seal of House Szind - Ring: Random Ability Bonus ( , , or ), Potency +68, Wizardry IX [ML:21, BtCoE] (Chest Loot: Matron Chest)