|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
In the Belly of the Beast
House Cay'Vorym welcomes all races to its secret arenas, where captured unfortunates are used in gladiatorial fights to the death.
|Requires access to adventure pack: Menace of the Underdark|
|In the Belly of the Beast|
|Epic XP:||♣13,518 ♦17,078 ♥18,134 ♠18,446|
|Takes place in:|| Secret Caverns,|
in the Underdark
|NPC contact:||Sorina Parnock|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Sorina Parnock says the Purple Dragon Knights are being kidnapped and taken to a Drow gladiatorial pit, where they are being killed for sport. Find the Cay'Vorim Fighting Pit in the Underdark, west of Sschindylryn, free any living Knights, and put an end to the bloodsport that happens there. The Underdark can be accessed through Eveningstar Cavern.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- (Optional) Talk your way past Pelree Cay'Vorym (3.35%)
- (Optional) Steal Rhitez's amulet without being detected (6.7%)
- (Optional) Slay Idrigrozak, the Illithid high roller (6.7%)
- (Optional) Slay Zeslyn, the Cay'Vorym purser (6.7%)
- (Optional) Slay Voltane, the slavemaster (6.7%)
- (Optional) Bargain with Feryl Cay'Vorym for the knights' freedom (16.75%)
- (Optional) Slay the purple worm in less than a minute (10%)
Tips and Misc
Getting to the quest: In the Underdark, there is a portal at the ruins of Riz Malag explorer option. Once this has been found, it is available as an entrance point to the Underdark from the Eveningstar Cavern. This portal is very close to the quest entrance for this quest. Just follow the right hand path upwards to the secret cave.
Earthcarver: The Earthcarver Shards can be used as a weapon while swallowed, but despite being typed as a dagger, it equips like a two-handed weapon, unequipping anything you may have in your off-hand.
- To gain entrance to the arena, you must find a way past the drow wizard at the entrance. You can negotiate (haggle), Intimidate, or start a fight.
- If the drow bugs out and wont let you speak to him, you may need to start the quest over.
- In the main area there are many spectators and competitors. You can make various deals with them, though the deals are frequently mutually exclusive. In theory, there should be a way to manipulate all of them for the most benefit. However, it seems that the NPCs have to be alive in order to give out their chest. In that case you could at most get 2 chests, since trying to complete three or more of the optionals will require you to kill at least two of the NPCs.
- The Drider champion offers you a reward to kill his cousin the drow slaver.
- The illithid offers you a reward to switch the mind blank amulet of the Drider. Getting caught switching it will force you to fight the Drider and the nearest local guards.
- The Drow Slaver offers you a reward to kill the drow purser, who refused to accept his bet against his brother.
- The drow purser offers you a reward for killing the illithids party.
- Aggression bonus: >124 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 27 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- NPC rewards:
- Acolytes of Lolth
- Cay'Vorym Guards
- Collared Slaves
- Digestive Slimes
- Dominated Servants - Yuan-ti Abominations
- Dominated Servants - Yuan-ti Purebloods
- Drider Spectators
- Illithid Spectators
- Worm Intestines
- Yuan-ti Abominations
- Disciples of Zehir
- Yuan-ti Incanters
- Yuan-ti Sharp-Eyes
- Blademasters - Orange-named drow
- Dire Bears - Orange-named bears
- Elder Purple Worms - Red-named purple worms
- Feryl Cay'Vorym - Red-named drow
- Idrigozak - Red-named mind flayer
- Kressyndor - Orange-named drow
- Leech - Orange-named rust monster
- Pelree Cay'Vorym - Orange-named drow
- Phlegm - Orange-named ochre jelly
- Purple Worms - Orange-named purple worms
- Rhitez - Red-named drider
- Sineater - Purple-named purple worm
- Voltane - Orange-named drow
- Zeslyn Cay'Vorym - Red-named drow