A Stay at the Inn
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : The High Road of Shadows|
The Old Man's Face Inn is an ancient fixture of the tiny hamlet of Tyrluk. Apparently Oriphaun gave one of the Nether Scroll pieces to the inn's bartender.
|A Stay at the Inn|
|Takes place in:||The Old Man's Face Inn|
|Bestowed by:||Kordo Seetspire|
|NPC contact:||Kordo Seetspire|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
Somehow Oriphaun managed to hide one of the Nether Scroll pieces inside a crowded inn.
Take the High Road to Tyrluk, then enter the Old Man's Face Inn and look for the scroll piece.
- This is the fourth quest in The Netherese Legacy story arc.
- Find the Nether Scroll piece
- Find the Bartender
- Defeat the enemies in the courtyard
- Get the Inn Key from the Terrified Villager
- Clear out the Inn and find the Innkeeper
- Search the Barn for the Tavern Key
- Defeat the wizard Wyle and his Minions
- Speak to Tarys
- Defeat Tarys and his minions
- Free the Bartender from the crate
- (Optional) Confront the Innkeeper about his journal Heroic: +6% Bonus. / Epic: +6% Bonus.
Trap DCs (Epic)
- Bear traps after the hidden door (DC 82 on EE)
Tips and Misc
- There will be several waves of enemies in the Courtyard after talking to the Terrified Villager the first time.
- Inside the Inn, there will be enemies patrolling the halls and in some of the rooms.
- Inside the Barn, you'll have to defeat a few waves of Umbral Rats and Shadows, and then pull a lever to cause a ladder to drop down. Going around the walks on the barn will be several more shadow creatures of various kinds, culminating in a battle against the wizard Wyle.
- Inside the barn chest are some Tattered Journal Pages; if you return to the Innkeeper, you can confront him about his past (choose the conversation path which does not let the matter slide) for extra XP and a chest. He likes to use Severe Stunning Blow, so having a light monk with Grasp of the Earth Dragon may be helpful.
- The end fight doesn't start until you speak to Tarys, giving you plenty of time to break stuff and buff up.
- Tarys likes to cast Acid Fog, Niac's Biting Cold, and Lightning Bolt; be sure to protect yourself against those elements. He will also occasionally summon an umbral creature or a shadow.
- The quest doesn't end until you get the Netherese Scroll Fragment off the Tavern's board, if there's anything you'd like to do first (pretty much limited to confronting the Innkeeper).
- Aggression bonus: 41 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 54 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 66 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 40
- Onslaught can only be gotten by not killing Tarys right away, and allowing umbral creatures to keep spawning; presumably, Conquest can be gotten this way as well. (Aggression/Onslaught may only be achievable on Hard/Elite; Tarys seemed to stop summoning creatures early in the fight on Normal). or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- One in a secret room in the center of the Inn (behind a locked door; on Hard/Elite, it transforms into a mimic and has to be conquered first) (Lock DC)
- One in the barn (with the key to the Inn)
- One in a secret room behind the Innkeeper (obtained by confronting him about his journal)
- End chest behind bar (locked until you defeat Tarys and his minions/talk to the bartender)
- Collectables: 3
- Cabinet in the north room along the south corridor in the Inn
- Adventurer's Pack in a stall in the southwest corner of the Barn
- Cabinet in the cellar of the Tavern, in the southwest corner
- NPC rewards: Standard; choose from four
Named Chest Drop
- ML16: , , , 5/Piercing,
- ML17: , , , 5/Piercing,
- ML18: , , , 10/Piercing,
- ML23: , , , 10/Piercing,
- ML24: , , , 10/Piercing,
- ML25: , , , 15/Piercing,
|Branson Blackboot (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Chest (monster) (view)||Aberration||Mimic|
|Netherese Wizard (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Archer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Footpad (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Sellsword Skirmisher (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Shadow (shadowfell) (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Summoned Shadow (view)||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Rat (view)||Undead||Shadow|
The above was automatically compiled via DPL, 08:05:59 result from cache, age: 10:52:53 of max 1 day - if you think that's not up-to-date, (please, use sparingly, since it puts some additional load on the server)