The Lord of Eyes
|The Lord of Eyes is the 4th quest in the Reign of Madness .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Lord of Eyes.|
|Acute Delirium • The Sane Asylum • The Lord of Stone • The Lord of Eyes|
Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes, has escaped from the prison in Khyber. The insane Daelkyr is using the Tower of the Twelve as his new base on Eberron.
|Requires access to : Reign of Madness|
|The Lord of Eyes|
|Takes place in:||The Lower Arcanum|
|Bestowed by:||Elawyn Thwr|
|NPC contact:||Elawyn Thwr|
|Quest acquired in:||The Tower of the Twelve|
|Purchase:||Reign of Madness or VIP|
Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes, has escaped from Khyber and taken up residence inside the Tower of the Twelve. The Twelve has recruited the Lord of Stone to help them against his ancient rival.
Elawyn Thwr has asked you to help the Twelve evict the Lord of Eyes from ther Tower. Find the Lower Arcanum inside the Tower of the Twelve and enter it. You will receive further instructions there.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Speak with Ferrah Deene
- Speak with Herodigas Melange
- Capture Prodigal Fire Elementals (5)
- Take the Fire Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Earth Elementals (5)
- Take the Earth Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Water Elementals (5)
- Take the Water Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Air Elementals (5)
- Take the Air Elemental essence
- Bind elemental essences to the Magefire Cannon
- Fire the Magefire Cannon
- Assemble at the central portal
- Banish Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes
- (Optional) Defeat Belashyrra's Ocular Hounds — Bonus (11.8%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat Opuloxx the Indomitable — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat All-Seeing Ulthraat — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Force jets later in the boss battle – randomized locations but generated from the eyes around the room.
Tips and Misc
- This quest is a good source of Watcher's Eyes.
- Feel free to fully buff up, as most of the beholders in this quest are Chaos Beholders, which do not have an antimagic cone. The only exception is Opuloxx, but he is right next to a shrine so rebuffing after defeating him should be no problem.
- To start, the basement is straight ahead (north) – just drop down past the levitation pads at the start.
- To "capture the essence" of the elementals, you must first weaken them to approximately 20% hit points or less, then lure them into the Elemental Trap, the red circle in the middle of the combat area. The trap will automatically consume them if they are weak enough.
- Elementals that have ranged attacks may stop short, so just back away farther from them to lure them into the circle.
- Do not kill the elementals. Powerful characters may have to limit their DPS by choosing "inappropriate" attacks, or turning off boosts. If you do kill some, don't worry, more will spawn.
- Don't forget to grab the "elemental essence" gem from the trap in the red circle.
- This is not a physical item and will not appear in inventory, so it does not matter who grabs it.
- The Dungeon Master tells you to "...Take their essence and bind it to the Magefire Cannon", but you must collect all four types of essences before doing so.
- Earth elementals are, appropriately, also in the basement, to the west.
- Optional: Opuloxx and his chest will appear (now or later) on the central, lower platform. He can be ranged from above.
- Water elementals are up and to the west, through a portal.
- Air elementals are, appropriately, as high as you can go, and east through the eastern portal. Look up, they spawn in the windows.
- Air Elementals are captured the moment they touch the circle regardless of their health state.
- Optional: The southern portal in this section leads to the ocular hounds, and their chest.
- The southwest shrines are located at the bottom level, near the lava. You need not step into the lava, and there is a levitation platform to return.
- Enter the central, final portal to the end fight.
- If no one moves forward, you have all the time you want to buff and prepare.
- The final battle against Belashyrra features endless waves of constantly respawning enemies (evil eyes and various beholders), which can overwhelm you if you allow it to go on too long.
- Devious bonus: Always or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 49 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4
- One for slaying the named beholder "Opuloxx the Indomitable" (which can drop the named plate armor/docent – see below)
- One possible for slaying the optional render "Ulthraat"
- One possible for slaying the optional "Ocular Hounds"
- End chest (which can drop Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter)
- Collectables: 6
- Cabinet near the Magefire Cannon
- Mushroom in the Earth Elemental's chamber
- Bookshelf stuck in the wall at the entrance to the Air Elemental's antechamber (can be accessed through the wall, not on map)
- Cabinet north of the entrance to the Air Elemental's antechamber
- Cabinet at the north dead end of the west section
- Mold in the Water Elemental's chamber (south)
- NPC rewards: standard
Named Chest Drop
||Beholder Plate Armor ( )||Full Plate||
||14||The Lord of Eyes, Opuloxx chest; |
Harbinger of Madness, Quest chain end reward
||Beholder Plate Docent ( )||Docent||
||14||The Lord of Eyes, Opuloxx chest;|
Harbinger of Madness, Quest chain end reward
||Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter ( )||Light Hammer||
||16||The Lord of Eyes, End Chest|