The Lord of Eyes
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
|Requires access to : Reign of Madness|
|The Lord of Eyes|
|Takes place in:||The Lower Arcanum|
|Bestowed by:||Elawyn Thwr|
|NPC contact:||Elawyn Thwr|
|Quest acquired in:||The Tower of the Twelve|
|Free to Play:||No|
Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes, has escaped from Khyber and taken up residence inside the Tower of the Twelve. The Twelve has recruited the Lord of Stone to help them against his ancient rival.
Elawyn Thwr has asked you to help the Twelve evict the Lord of Eyes from the Tower of the Twelve and enter it. You will receive further instructions there.
- You must have completed the other 3 quests in the Reign of Madness story arc to start this quest.
- Speak with Ferrah Deene
- Speak with Herodigas Melange
- Capture Prodigal Fire Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Fire Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Earth Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Earth Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Water Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Water Elemental essence
- Capture Prodigal Air Elementals (Capture 5)
- Take the Air Elemental essence
- Bind elemental essences to the Magefire Cannon
- Fire the Magefire Cannon
- Assemble at the central portal
- Banish Belashyrra, the Lord of Eyes
- (Optional) Defeat Belashyrra's Ocular Hounds +12% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat Opuloxx the Indomitable +10% Bonus.
- (Optional) Defeat All-Seeing Ulthraat +10% Bonus.
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Force jets later in the boss battle - randomized locations but generated from the eyes around the room.
Tips and Misc
- This quest is a good source of Watcher's Eyes.
- Feel free to fully buff up, as unlike regular (more challenging) beholders, most of the beholders in this quest are Chaos Beholders, which do not have an antimagic cone. The only exception is Opuloxx, but he is right next to a shrine so rebuffing after defeating him should be no problem.
- To start, the basement is straight ahead (north) - just drop down past the levitation pads at the start.
- To "capture the essence" of the elementals, you must first weaken them to approximately 20% hit points or less, then lure them into the Elemental Trap, the red circle in the middle of the combat area. The trap will automatically consume them if they are weak enough.
- Elementals that have ranged attacks may stop short, so just back away farther from them to lure them into the circle.
- Do not kill the elementals. Powerful characters may have to limit their DPS by choosing "inappropriate" attacks, or turning off boosts. If you do kill some, don't worry, more will spawn.
- Don't forget to grab the "elemental essence" gem from the trap in the red circle.
- This is not a physical item and will not appear in inventory, so it does not matter who grabs it.
- The Dungeon Master tells you to "...Take their essence and bind it to the Magefire Cannon", but you must collect all four types of essences before doing so.
- Earth elementals are, appropriately, also in the basement, to the west.
- Optional: Opuloxx and his chest will appear (now or later) on the central, lower platform. He can be ranged from above.
- Water elementals are up and to the west, through a portal.
- Air elementals are, appropriately, as high as you can go, and east through the eastern portal. Look up, they spawn in the windows.
- Weakened air elementals may move across the trap too quickly to be caught; lure them toward you, then move forward to engage them so they stop within the red circle, so the trap has time to catch them.
- Optional: The southern portal in this section leads to the ocular hounds, and their chest.
- The southwest shrines are located at the bottom level, near the lava. You need not step into the lava, and there is a levitation platform to return.
- Enter the central, final portal to the end fight.
- If no one moves forward, you have all the time you want to buff and prepare.
- The final battle against Belashyrra features endless waves of constantly respawning enemies (evil eyes and various beholders), which can overwhelm you if you allow it to go on too long.
- Devious bonus: Always or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 38 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 49 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 60 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Total of 4
- One for slaying the named beholder "Opuloxx the Indomitable" (which can drop the named plate armor/docent - see below)
- One possible for slaying the optional render "Ulthraat"
- One possible for slaying the optional "Ocular Hounds"
- End chest (which can drop Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter)
- NPC rewards: Random selection of 4 items. Also unlocks the separate chain end reward, if you've done all the quests in order.
Named Chest Drop
- Beholder Plate Armor* - +5 Full plate: Antimagic Spike, Telekinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue (Opuloxx chest) [ML:14, BtA]
- Beholder Plate Docent* - +5 Docent: Antimagic Spike, Telekinesis Guard, Trace of Madness, Metal Fatigue (Opuloxx chest) [ML:14, BtA]
- * - Beholder Plate Armor/Docent can also be acquired from Harbinger of Madness end reward
- Belashyrra's Cleansed Scepter - +5 Light Hammer: Single-Mindedness, Efficient Metamagic - Empower II, **random effects from the following** (End chest) [ML:16, BtA]