|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Stone of Experience
 Stone of Experience
The Stone of Experience (Level 16) is a special item that gives a character at level 8-15 enough experience to instantly reach level 16, and grants several pieces of gear bound to the chracter.
Menace of the Underdark bundle (January 2012)
Players who purchased Menace of the Underdark and were level 16 or higher were eligible to receive Stones of Experience from a special NPC, Braddack Bouldershoulder, in the Harbor near the Marketplace entrance. A Stone of Experience could only be used once per account and game server. Promotion ended upon the release of Update 15. At that time, all Stones of Experience were supposed to vanish (but some didn't, most notably the stones in TR cache).
Players were granted stones based on their Menace of the Underdark purchase:
- Base Edition = Two Stones
- Standard Edition = Three Stones
- Collector’s Edition = Five Stones
Otto's Irresistible Box (December 2012)
Stones of Experience temporarily returned to the game as part of a limited time DDO Store item package . One Stone was included in each box. Some problems involving their use were remedied by the Update 16 Patch 1 Hotfix.
The stones can be traded, however, only the person who opens the box can actually use the stone (on own character or a different one).
The Stones can be used on one's own character or shared with other players who meet the minimum requirements.
- To activate a Stone one oneself, one double-clicks it from inventory.
- To activate a Stone on someone else, the Stone must be dragged to a shortcut bar and clicked once the fellow party member has the focus (much like Adventure Guest Passes are granted.)
- Stones can be mailed, traded, transmitted by shared bank but not sold to vendors nor auctioned.
- Stones have minimum level of 8 to activate.
- Must be in a public place.
- Must be in a party. (after U14)
- Special conditions associated with the Menace of the Underdark bundle
- The first time a Stone was used for another player, the owner received a bonus Stone through in-game mail.
- The third time a Stone was used for another player, the owner received an exclusive Snow Panther cub creature companion.
- Prior to Update 14, Stones of Experience could be used on anyone of appropriate level met in public places, irrelevant to party membership. This caused much trouble among unaware players as some tried to distribute their Stones randomly just to get the Snow Panther cub.
- The Stone could not be used on Druids. Druids had just been introduced and had to progress through all levels normally.
 XP Math
- You can use a Stone on any character that is between level 8 and level 15.
- The XP granted is what is necessary to reach level 16 from the character's current XP, i.e., the character benefits most from using the Stone just after reaching level 8.
- The TR status is considered, i.e., the amount of XP granted is higher on characters in their second, third, or subsequent life.
- Effects that increase the amount of incoming experience, such as Voice of the Master or Major Experience Elixir, increase the Stone's benefit.
|Level 8 XP||Level 16 XP||XP gained|
|1st Life/Non TR||270,000||1,200,000||930,000|
|2nd Life/1st TR||339,250||1,824,250||1,485,000|
|3rd Life/2nd TR||408,500||2,448,500||2,040,000|