Update 9 Patch 1 Release Notes
From DDO wiki
This page has no links to any articles.
Please helpby adding links that are relevant to the context within the existing text. (February 2016)
- 1 Release Notes: Update 9 Patch 1
- 2 News & Notes
- 2.1 Of Special Note
- 2.2 General Changes
- 2.2.1 Combat
- 2.2.2 DDO Store
- 2.2.3 Feats
- 2.2.4 Items
- 2.2.5 Localization
- 2.2.6 Monsters
- 2.2.7 NPCs
- 2.2.8 Quests
- 18.104.22.168 Harbinger of Madness
- 22.214.171.124 Inspired Quarter
- 126.96.36.199 The Necropolis
- 188.8.131.52 The Twelve
- 184.108.40.206 Vale of Twilight
- 2.2.9 Races
- 2.2.10 Skills, Feats, and Enhancements
- 2.2.11 Spells
- 2.2.12 UI
- 2.3 Other Changes
- 2.4 Known Issues
Release Notes: Update 9 Patch 1
Welcome to the Release Notes for Update 9 Patch 1. These release notes were posted on Monday, May 16th, 2011.
News & Notes
Of Special Note
- The crafting level cap has been increased to 75!
- Deconstruction of items now grants players a small amount of crafting XP in the crafting school associated with the essences gained.
- Deconstructing low tier effects on high-end loot will now return more reward essences.
- The ingredient cost to create shards has been significantly lowered.
- A maximum enchantment level of +5 now appears on all standard craftable item blanks. This level determines how much power a given item can hold when adding magical effects through crafting. The items can have their maximum enchantment level increased by crafting Shards of Potential.
- Recipes exist in all three schools of crafting to create “Shards of Potential” of various strengths that can be applied to a crafting blank to increase its maximum enchantment level. Higher plus Shards of Potential are significantly more expensive to create than lower plus Shards of Potential.
- Bound crafting shards are now Bound to Account instead of Bound to Character.
- It is now possible to deconstruct crafting Shards using the Deconstruction Eldritch Device.
- Crafting recipes will now display how much the minimum character level to equip an item will increase when the recipe is applied.
- The names of essences have been changed for better standardization.
- The "Vengeful Rage" mutation is now a prefix instead of a suffix.
- Numerous treasure mutations have had their enchantment values lowered.
- The Everbright Shard has been consolidated, and can be applied to either weapons or shields.
- The Intimidate symbol will no longer randomly appear over monsters' heads.
- The Lesser Anti-Beholder Crystal now blocks beholder telekinesis attacks.
- Cleave and Great Cleave are now working correctly for half-orc characters.
- Mineral II greensteel items now have all of their expected effects.
- Older arrow types that went mad with the release of Update 9 have now been made sane, and are back to their proper descriptions.
- Crafted handwraps will now properly apply their to-hit and damage bonuses.
- Bows, crossbows, and thrown weapons will now work properly with smiting, banishing, and disruption.
- Several typos have been corrected in the description of disruption.
- The Crafting tab is now available on the character sheet for players with localized German clients.
- Thaarak hounds are less prone to dancing and falling down, and have new abilities.
- Orange-named mini bosses now get deathblock on epic difficulty.
- The Twelve favor patron now gives out a Small Ingredients Bag when first visited.
- The Free Agents now subscribe to the Stormreach Chronicle instead of the Korranberg Chronicle.
Harbinger of Madness
- Fixed some DM text.
In The Flesh
- Dead Pykzyl is now able to leave his room and pursue attackers.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Yaulthoon to become unresponsive.
- Parties will now have their soul stones sent to the beginning of the dungeon after a party wipe in the final fight with Yaulthoon.
- The mini-boss Pale Fire has been upgraded slightly.
- Auto-opening doors are now selectable.
I Dream of Jeets
- Corrected several focus orbs.
Ghosts of Perdition
- Ice floors no longer re-form upon dungeon re-entry.
The Tower of the Twelve
- The door to the Eldritch Chamber in the Twelve can now be used normally.
Vale of Twilight
- Fixed a stuck spot.
- Half-orc and half-elf males no longer use the female icon in the Who panel.
Skills, Feats, and Enhancements
- Some enchantment-based effects that inadvertently affected raid bosses no longer do so.
- The visual appearance of barkskin will no longer remain on characters after the effect wears off.
- Solid Fog's reflex penalty now works on bosses and raid bosses, and has been fixed to apply the correct -5 penalty to creatures within the spell's area of effect.
- Acid Fog's tool tip now states that enemies within its area of effect suffer a -4 penalty to Armor Class.
- When receiving a quest from an NPC, the yellow guidance arrows in the mini map now point at the correct dungeon entrance. Quest Journals correctly default to the most recently-bestowed quest instead of the alphabetical first on the list.
- The Escape key can now be used to close Barter UI and Crafting UI windows.
- The focus orb has been fixed for the Gnollish War Bow.
- Fixed a bug where shadows were not displaying properly with DX10 and DX11.
- Moving can now interrupt the /death command.
Known issues are now available, click here!