|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
Servants of the Overlord
Long ago the Demon Overlords were imprisoned inside the vast underworld of Khyber. Since then these unimaginably powerful fiends have been held by the power of the Silver Flame.
|Servants of the Overlord|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,900 ♦6,766 ♥7,033 ♠7,300|
|Epic XP:||♣14,810 ♦20,150 ♥20,550 ♠20,950|
|Takes place in:||The Road to Tarath Marad|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
The Lords of Dust blew a huge hole in the Harbor wall, exposing a long-hidden entrance to Khyber. A horde of Rakshasas and Drow have entered the breach.
You must follow them and take the Road to Tarath Marad. Once inside, search for Brother Aurelius, a member of the Silver Flame who can help in defeating the Lords of Dust.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find Brother Aurelius
- Find the first spider crest
- Find the second spider crest
- Use the two crests to disable the Silver Flame barrier
- Find the second spider crest
- Defeat Drow priestess Sabriz Rinzyn Kho
- (Optional) Find a way to open the sealed door - 10% of base xp
- (Optional) Defeat the Fire Reaver Lord - 20% of base xp
- (Optional) Defeat Flamefang and his minions - 20% of base xp
- (Optional) Disrupt the Drow ritual - 20% of base xp
One: An area with narrow walkways and spike-filled pits on either side.
Tips and Misc
- Near the start of the quest, in the room with the runed door, there are a couple of levers to open that door. Getting to the levers requires jumping East across the lava. The chest inside is locked. If you drop down the first point of no return, you will not be able to get back to this chest unless you have Dimension Door.
- The chest open lock DC is 60 - enough to make it difficult to knock, but reasonable to open with a reasonably skilled rogue/artificer. The DC does not appear to scale with difficulty.
- There are several points in this quest where you are ambushed by Fiendish Spiders. Keep your guard up.
- As you progress, you will find that the passage forward is blocked by a web. The ambushes happen at these locations, and defeating the ambushes opens the passage.
- After unlocking the barrier with the Spider crests, you can go in a side passage to read the Transcriptions from the Book of Flame. It hints to what will happen in the next quest of the chain.
- Khyber Reavers are a special type of Fire Reaver that like to chuck meteors at you from a distance. They primarily deal fire damage, so bring fire resistance.
- Using the first drow barrier control is a slow process. You will be faced with a series of respawning Khyber Reavers who can interrupt you, forcing you to start over.
- You can sneak up and turn it off without any interruptions, although you need to kill the 1st spawn as they can see you, possibly programmed that way. Sneak of 43 and Hide of 43 plus Invisibility is enough on EH.
- The fight with the Red-named drow priestess is a wave attack. She puts up a shield and you are faced with waves of different creatures (Spiders, Drow, and Hezrou) spawning from different edges of the room. Once the last wave ends (a group of Drow archers near the sealed exit), you fight the priestess herself as well as a Red-named Hezrou. The priestess heals herself and the Hezrou. Both have massive HP in Epic difficulties.
- If you finish out without using the door inside the quest to continue to the third and final quest in this chain, you will be able to enter the final quest by selecting the dungeon entrance in the Harbor. This allows your group to heal and regroup before the final fight.
- Death Ward and Freedom of Movement is often needed against the drow enemies. Anti-stun buffs from a Light Monk against some Rakshasa attacks are also handy.
- Aggression bonus: 99 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 136 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 167 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 5 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: 5:
- 1 locked optional chest near the start (DC60)
- 1 for completing (Optional) Defeat the Fire Reaver Lord
- 1 for (Optional) Defeat Flamefang and his minions
- 1 for (Optional) Disrupt the Drow ritual
- Epic difficulty: bugged - Epic tokens must be dragged from the chest to your inventory if you don't want to wait and ddoor back to get it after completion.
- 1 end chest at quest completion
- Epic difficulty: The Epic Chest replaces the end chest. It contains a single dungeon token and a small chance at seals, except on Epic Hard difficulties which is bugged.
- NPC rewards: Standard, Choose from 7, Up to ML:14
- Bow of the Silver Flame - Longbow - +4, Silver, Holy Burst, Weaken Undead, Blunted Ammunition (Locked chest and Drow Ritual chest)
- Darkstorm Helm - Headgear - Call Lightning Storm (CL:16, 1/day), Nullification +84, Magnetism +84, Major Void Lore, Major Lightning Lore (locked chest, end chest)
- Flameward - Club - +4, Fire Absorption 10%, Evocation Focus, Use Magical Device +3, Charisma +6, Improved Fire Resistance (Fire Reaver Lord chest)
- Fury of the Flame - Maul - Adamantine, Flaming Burst, Incandescence, Fracturing, Impact (Fire Reaver Lord chest)
- Silver Slinger - Repeating Heavy Crossbow - +4, Silver, Holy Burst, Weaken Undead, Blunted Ammunition (Locked chest and Drow Ritual chest)
- Death Knights
- Drow Priestesses
- Drow Warriors
- Drow Wizards
- Fiendish Spiders
- Jarilith Guards
- Khyber Hellhounds
- Khyber Hezrou
- Khyber Reavers
- Rakshasa Lords