|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Lords of Dust
The Lords of Dust are demons and demon worshippers who seek to free the fiendish Overlords who ruled Eberron long ago during the Age of Demons.
|The Lords of Dust|
|Heroic XP:||♣2,940 ♦5,100 ♥5,300 ♠5,500|
|Epic XP:||♣13,130 ♦17,150 ♥17,450 ♠17,750|
|Takes place in:||Cultist Base|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Cultists who follow the Lords of Dust have been found in Stormreach. The Church of the Silver Flame suspects they are behind the mysterious crack in the Harbor wall, and is determined to stop them.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Report to Inquisitor Gnomon
- Slay the Lords of Dust cultists - 25 total
- Learn the fate of Inquisitor Gnomon
- Slay Marideth
- Uncover Gnomon's plans
- Slay the Sacrificed Cultists - 8 total
- Slay the Rakshasa, Tahmael
- Slay Rakshasa Lord Gnomon
- Slay the Drow Karas
- (Optional) Put down Bastion (rare spawn) (10% of base xp)
- (Optional) Break or purify the altars - 3 total (10% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay more Lord of Dusts cultists - 10 more (35 total) (10% of base xp)
- (Optional) Slay the remaining Lord of Dusts cultists - 15 more (50 total) (15% of base xp)
- Horizontal blades on the stairs past the first shrine; control box is on the west side at the top of the second set of stairs (past the trap)
- Fire jet around the corner; control box is on the inside corner past the trap
- Vertical blades between the next two sets of stairs; control box is on the inside corner at the bottom of the second set (past the trap)
- Spikes around the corner from the second altar; control boxes (each controls half the spikes) on either side of the hall past the trap
- Sonic trap beyond the next door triggers (and the control box can't be sensed) until after the rakshasa lord spawns. Box location varies, before trap.
- Sonic trap in the next room, to the north; control box location varies.
Tips and Misc
- The quest is very linear, despite the appearance of the map.
- If you stick close to Gnomon upon opening the first door, you can get some free mass buffs that he casts, such as Prayer and Death Ward.
- You may need to explore very short side doors to find the other two Altars, though the third altar is along your journey.
- The first altar is in the northernmost room.
- The second altar is in the westernmost room.
- The third altar is right on the way, where Tahmael appears.
- Someone with the Religious Lore feat may purify the altars instead of destroy them for an extra chest.
- Hirelings will not be able to purify the altars, as they cannot navigate the menu you get when 'using' the Altar.
- Shattering the altars will cause the nearby statues to also shatter, releasing Khyber Jariliths; purifying the altars does not release them.
- You will need to break furniture to access levers hidden behind it.
- In the first room after the second shrine there are a couple of lion statues; when you approach the boundary between the two rooms, a rakshasa lord will appear and the statues will shatter, releasing Khyber Jariliths. Additionally, a sonic trap will start.
- Bastion may appear in the hallway near the door leading to the second (western) altar.
- Marideth will appear beyond the sealed door past where you meet up with the novice.
- Tahmael will appear by the third altar.
- Gnomon is one of the few mobs in the game that casts Divine Punishment on players, so watch your HPs. He also likes to spam Blade Barrier and Cometfall.
- If you finish out, you'll appear near Dectaran; if you take the door at the end, you'll appear on the stairs near Waterworks, nearer Lightbringer, who actually gives your reward.
- This quest is the first of a three part chain. The next quest in the chain is Servants of the Overlord.
- Aggression bonus: 80 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 traps disarmed +8% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 4 traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 5 traps disarmed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 45 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 58 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 72 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Tip: Ransack requires smashing every single breakable in the quest. There are 45 breakables in the first half of the quest. If you are trying to achieve ransack, make sure you have smashed 45 upon reaching the first shrine.
- Chests: 4-5
- One rare for slaying Bastion
- One for slaying Marideth
- One for slaying the Rakshasa, Tahmael
- One possible if you purify, not smash all the altars (at Tahmael) (anyone with the feat Religious Lore may do this)
- One end chest at quest completion
- This chest is replaced with an epic chest on epic difficulty. It contains Epic Dungeon Token Fragments and a low chance at shards. Seals can be found in any other chest, except on Epic Hard difficulties which is bugged.
- Collectables: 13
- First section
- Fungus in a corner of the room behind the first door after Gnomon splits off
- Fungus in a corner past the next door
- Bookshelf in the north room (before the first altar)
- Adventurer's Pack on a table in the same room
- Fungus in a corner past the next door
- Two Adventurer's Packs in the room before the second altar
- Moss in the corner of the room south of the novice
- Mold past the fire jet trap on the stairs
- Second section
- Fungus in the north end of the room past the first door
- Fungus before the third door
- Moss just to the east of the second rest shrine
- Fungus just before the end room
- First section
- NPC rewards: Standard, Select from 7, up to ML:14. Rewards are given by Lightbringer, on the docks, rather than Dectaran
- Cruel Nobility - Scimitar - +4, Axiomatic, Unholy, Slicing, Bleed (Tahmael's chest)
- Envenomed Blade - Short Sword - +4, Poison Burst, Paralyzing, Armor-Piercing - 10%, Deadly Spider Venom, uses Dex mod or Str mod for Attack and Damage, whichever is highest (End chest, Purifying all altars chest)
- Golden Guile - Necklace - Dusk, Diplomacy +15, Bluff +15, Improved Deception (Marideth's chest)
- Rakshasa Hide - Light Armor - +4, Rough Hide +3, Heightened Awareness (2), Greater Nimbleness, Roar (Tahmael's chest)
- Templar's Bulwark - Tower Shield - +4, Mithral, Inherent (5) Fire Resistance, Inherent (5) Cold Resistance, Inherent (5) Acid Resistance, Inherent (5) Electricity Resistance (Purifying all altars chest)
- Attack Dogs - Dogs
- Cultists - Humans
- Death Knights - Heavily armored undead human palemasters
- Khyber Jariliths
- Rakshasa Lord - rakshasa arcane spellcaster
- Sacrificed Cultists - Skeletons