The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination
Grey Moon's Den has fallen to marauders. The villainous trolls will taste fire and steel this day!
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
|Takes place in:||Grey Moon's Den|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the Grey Moon's caves and slay all the trolls in the deeper caverns.
|The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination is the 4th quest in the Grey Moon Waning .|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka • The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust • The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge • The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Search the Grey Moon Den for whoever is leading the trolls
- Slay Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric
- (Optional) Exterminate the last of the trolls (10 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Blizzard — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Shaman Yarsnak — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Darksting — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes around chest, in the locked room; control panel is at the base of the neary crates
- Force trap on bridge; control panel is past the bridge, on the northwest pillar. As with the third quest, you can reach this trap control panel without dangerously leaping the gaps of the traps on the bridge--if you look to the east.
- There are also two diamond-shaped gaps in the middle of the force beams - they are small, but can be used to get across if you are careful. (Seen best from up one of the ladders.)
Tips and Misc
- Don't let the "balanced party recommended" warning at the beginning frighten you into doing this quest at a lower level than the earlier ones. The bad guys come on rather mindlessly, one-by-one, and the end boss has no special surprises. This dungeon is easily defeated in solo and at sub-seventh level.
- Other than the room with the black puddings, there are NO enemies until you reach the scorpions; once you go down that slope, the trolls start to appear.
- Once again, the doors to the rooms up the ladders south of the bridge don't open until the bridge has been crossed, however, the only things there are collectables (one each side).
- Optional: Blizzard may appear once again, just past the first bridge; this time he's worth XP as well as a chest.
- Optional: Yarsnak may appear up the ladder just before the drawbridge.
- Optional: Darksting may appear at the end, near the crude altar.
- As with the last quest, after this quest, to return to Bruku for your end-reward and advance to the next quest-chain, it is faster to recall back to the ship, and then re-enter Sorrowdusk, rather than run the distance.
- Note: If you are continuing to the next chain, speak to Bruku twice!
- Devious bonus: 1 or fewer monster killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 16 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 26 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 77 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2 - 5
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the room north of the shrine
- 1 rare optional for killing Blizzard (Winter Wolf, found past the first bridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Shaman Yarsnak (Troll Shaman, found up the ladder just before the drawbridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Darksting (Night Scorpion, found at the end, near the crude altar)
- 1 at the end for killing Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric (Human)
- Collectables: Seven
- Cabinet in the first room to the east
- Cabinet in the second room to the west
- Adventurer's Pack in the locked room (on the crates)
- Cabinet in the room southwest of the bridge
- Crude Altar in the room southeast of the bridge
- Mushroom up the ladder past the bridge, and across the stone bridge
- Crude Altar north of the central pillar at the end
- NPC rewards: Random item (Choose from 10, including Mystical Dried Fish)
Named Chest Drop
||Sickle of Sypheros ( )||Sickle||
||6||The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination, End Chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Pudding ( view • )||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Blizzard ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Brother Qessul, Dark Cleric ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Darksting ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Deathblood Troll ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Monarch Scorpion ( view • )||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Shaman Yarsnak ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Troll Chieftain ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Troll Shaman ( view • )||Giant||Troll|