The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust is the 2nd quest in the Grey Moon Waning .|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka • The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust • The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge • The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
Lord Grust's treachery will not go unpunished. Go forth and meet the traitor in battle.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Mines|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Purchase:||Sorrowdusk Isle or VIP|
Return to the iron mine and put an end to Lord Grust's rule.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Acquire Key to Grust's Lair
- Slay Grust the Usurper
- Slay Lord Grust's trollish allies (2 total)
- (Optional) Slay Corrosion — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Chef Grank — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Champion Preinyl — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- Force traps across bridge; the control panel is on the far (east) side of the bridge, on the north.
Tips and Misc
- As previously, no shrines.
- The two cells are locked again, unpickable and with no key; however, the door to the east is now open.
- After the open door, the northern hallway leads to a pit with rust monsters and a chest.
- Optional: Corrosion may appear in the rust monster pit; if so, the other rust monsters won't be there – however, they'll spawn if you open the chest afterward.
- The Key to Grust's Lair is held by an ogre shaman at the top of the two ladders, right in front of the door.
- Optional: Chef Grank may appear in the first (unlocked) room to the south after acquiring the key.
- The trollish allies are in the last two rooms before Grust's room; the doors are locked at first, but will unlock when you cross the threshold into his room, even if sneaking.
- Optional: Champion Preinyl, and his chest, spawns in the southern locked room at the end when you fight Grust. He can count for one of the two trolls which you need to slay. For him to appear, you must allow the door to close after the Deathblood Troll inside leaves the room and then re-enter the room yourself – a troll opening the door from outside (if you ran inside before the door closed) does not cause this.
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 21 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 27 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 33 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 36 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 47 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 58 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: To get Ransack, you need to start the final battle with Grust and run around destroying almost every single breakable in the two rooms where the trolls spawn before you kill the last monster. There are a total of 61 breakables available in the quest.
- Chests: 3–4
- 1 in the rust monster pit
- 1 rare optional for killing Chef Grank (Black Sun Ogre, found in the first room to the south after acquiring the key)
- 1 optional for killing Champion Preinyl (Deathblood Troll, found in the second room to the south after acquiring the key), (see above)
- 1 at the end for killing Grust the Usurper
- Collectables: Four
- Mushroom in the room where the Key to Achka's Cell was found in the previous quest (not accessible)
- Rubble in the rust monster pit
- Cabinet in the first room to the north behind Grust's door
- Cabinet in the second room to the south (with one of the trolls)
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Black Sun Ogre ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Champion Preinyl ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Chef Grank ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Corrosion (monster) ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|
|Deathblood Troll ( view • )||Giant||Troll|
|Grust the Usurper ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Large Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ogre Shaman ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Rust Monster ( view • )||Aberration||Rust Monster|