The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka
The mine is a grim place of shadowed halls and gaping chasms. Somewhere in the darkness, the chieftain's son awaits rescue.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka|
|Takes place in:||The Iron Mines|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Rescue Achka, son of the Grey Moon tribe's true chief, from the iron mine where the ogres now dwell.
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka is the 1st quest in the Grey Moon Waning .|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka • The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust • The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge • The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Key to Achka's Cell
- Rescue Achka from his cell
- (Optional) Slay Powder — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Flamefang — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Force traps across bridge; the control box is on the far (east) side of the bridge, on the north.
Tips and Misc
- No shrines in this quest.
- The Key to Achka's Cell is held by an Ogre leader behind a door near the entrance (to the west and down the ladder).
- There are 4 force traps on the bridge, which can be easily timed, and ample room between each to pause before continuing.
- Earth elementals will spawn after opening Achka's cell; it's not necessary to kill them before speaking to Achka and completing the quest.
- The eastern area of the map is blocked off; this prevents any bonuses from killing or breaking (the traps bonus may still be possible, however).
- Chests: 0 - 1
- Collectables: Two
- Mushroom in the room with the key to Achka's cell
- Crude altar in Achka's cell
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed
|Black Sun Ogre (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Flamefang (The Iron Mines) (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Hell Hound (view)||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Large Earth Elemental (view)||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ogre Leader (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Powder (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|