The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge
Once home to Hragg's ogre tribes, this place has been turned into a charnel house by the invading trolls.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge|
|Takes place in:||Grey Moon's Den|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Exterminate the trolls infesting the Grey Moon tribe's ancestral caves.
|The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge is the 3rd quest in the Grey Moon Waning .|
|The Iron Mines: Freeing Achka • The Iron Mines: Justice for Grust • The Grey Moon's Den: The Trollish Scourge • The Grey Moon's Den: Extermination|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Slay the troll chief, Hammerfist
- Slay all of Hammerfist's trolls (10 total)
- (Optional) Kill the ogre collaborators (14 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Chef Nargryl — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Shaman Hurpostaw — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Quartermaster Drant — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Spikes around chest, in the locked room; control box is at the base of the nearby crates
- Force trap on bridge; control box is past the bridge, on the northwest pillar. Reflex DC 30 on Elite. Possible to run past without getting hit. Use Haste or faster, wait for traps to stop firing. Run along right side of bridge, jump just before passing last trap.
Tips and Misc
Trolls are vulnerable to acid, and regenerate (if slowly).
- Optional: Chef Nargyl may appear in the second room to the west; if he doesn't, several black puddings will spawn instead.
- Optional: Quartermaster Drant may appear in the locked room; he counts towards the "kill the ogres" bonus.
- Hammersmith will be at the far end of the bridge, past the traps. If you attack him at range he will come to you (unharmed), but someone must cross the bridge to open the doors to complete the last objective (see below).
- Optional: Blizzard may appear at the end, with Hammersmith; no bonus XP for slaying him, however he drops that chest.
- The rooms just south of the bridge don't open until after crossing the bridge; they contain the last trolls you need for the objective.
- Optional: Hurpostaw may appear in the room southeast of the bridge; he counts towards killing trolls.
- The "Blocked Access" (see map, right), a locked gate beyond Hammersmith, is not passable; that area is saved for the next quest in the chain, Extermination.
- After this quest, the fastest way to return to Bruku and advance to the next quest is to recall back to the ship and then re-enter Sorrowdusk from there, rather than run the distance.
- Discreet bonus: 11 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 30 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 63 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: In order to get the Vandal bonus, you must cross the bridge to open the two doors up the ladders south of the bridge and break the items in those rooms, before slaying Hammersmith or the last two trolls.
- Chests: 1 - 5
- 1 trapped behind a locked door in the room north of the shrine
- 1 rare optional for killing Chef Nargyl (Hill Giant, found in the second room to the west)
- 1 rare optional for killing Quartermaster Drant (Black Sun Ogre, found in the locked room)
- 1 rare optional for killing Shaman Hurpostaw (Troll Shaman, found in the room southeast of the bridge)
- 1 rare optional for killing Blizzard (Winter Wolf, found at the end)
- Collectables: Five
- Cabinet in the first room to the east
- Cabinet in the second room to the west
- Adventurer's Pack in the locked room (on the crates)
- Cabinet in the room southwest of the bridge
- Crude Altar in the room southeast of the bridge
- NPC rewards: None until all four quests are completed
|Black Pudding (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Black Sun Ogre (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Blizzard (view)||Magical Beast||Wolf|
|Chef Nargyl (NoPic)||Giant||Giant|
|Deathblood Troll (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Monarch Scorpion (view)||Vermin||Scorpion|
|Ogre Shaman (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Quartermaster Drant (view)||Giant||Ogre|
|Shaman Hurpostaw (view)||Giant||Troll|