The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh
You have reached the territory of the hobgoblin Shaagh, whose domain is almost a city unto itself.
|Requires access to : The Seal of Shan-To-Kor|
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh|
|Takes place in:||Caverns Of Shaagh|
|Bestowed by:||The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Wayfinder Dael has asked you to retrieve the Seal of Shan-To-Kor. She believes the leader of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins knows of its whereabouts.
Somewhere in the depths of these tunnels is a Kobolds' Blockade. That is the path to the Caverns of Shaagh, home of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins.
Defeat their leader, Hetman Shaagh, and retrieve anything that might reveal how to enter the Halls of Shan-To-Kor.
- This is the second part of the story arc The Seal of Shan-To-Kor.
- Find a way to Hetman Shaagh
- Find the River Gate key
- Return to the River Gate
- Slay Hetman Shaagh
- Acquire Shaagh's notes from his treasure chest
- Find the entrance to the Deep Sewers
- (Optional) Slay 3 Ogres — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 3 Hobgoblin Witch Doctors — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 2 Large Earth Elementals — Bonus (35%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 75 Hobgoblin Guards — Bonus (35%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, undisarmable)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to Halls of Shan-To-Kor)
Tips and Misc
- You can enter this quest either directly from the previous one, or by returning to the Kobold's Blockade.
- All hobgoblins count towards the slayer optional, not just the guards.
- The first witch doctor can be found up the northern passage over the bridge near the start.
- The second one is down the western passage opened by the lever in the trench.
- The third one is in Hetman Shaagh's abode, at the very end.
- The first ogre is in the northern lobe of the southern cavern containing the River Gate Key.
- The second one is south of the river gate.
- The third one is around the northern loop, guarding the third chest.
- The first large earth elemental is in the western lobe of the southern cavern containing the River Gate Key. The key is in a chest inside the left alcove at the 'T' intersection.
- The second elemental is past the river gate; follow the river to the end.
- Once you get to the hobgoblin village, there will be lots of kobold slaves running around. They won't try to attack you, and you can converse (such as it is) with them.
- In the northern part of the first level of the village is a chest; this is where Greezix used to give his optional quest, The Sacred Helm.
- Watch for the sparkly mushrooms taking the northern loop around the village (towards the third chest) - they can poison you if you step on them.
- When you enter Hetman Shaagh's abode, be ready for a big fight. Not only is he and the third witch doctor there, but so are several other hobgoblins, and several wolves in dens to the east and west. The doorway behind you will automatically close for a minute with no way to open it from the inside.
- Hetman Shaagh's Notes can be destroyed at any point after completing this quest.
- Aggression bonus: 69 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 90 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 110 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 93 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 121 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 148 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Five
- One in the very northern part of the hobgoblin village, in the kobold slave pen
- One in the very southern section, after coming to the river. Contains the River Gate Key as well as other items.
- One around the northern loop around the village, guarded by the third ogre
- One past the river gate at the top of the ladder and to the north (beneath the third shrine)
- One in Hetman Shaagh's abode. Contains Shaagh's notes as well as other items.
- Collectables: Eight
- Moss by the first witch doctor, up the northern passage over the bridge near the start
- Alchemy Table at the top of the ramp into the hobgoblin village
- Moss on a mushroom - after climbing up the ladder, jump over the fence to the southwest
- Moss by the first earth elemental, in the western lobe near the River Gate Key
- Rubble on a roof on the northern side of the river. To get there, run around a ledge starting near the second shrine.
- Crude Altar past the river gate at the top of the ladder and to the north (by the fourth chest, and beneath the third shrine)
- Moss at the end of the river, near the second earth elemental
- Rubble near the end, in the north lobe opposite Hetman Shaagh's abode
- NPC rewards: None
Named Chest Drop
||Dhakaani Shield ( )||Large shield||
||2||The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh, Hetman Shaagh's chest|
||Robe of Resistance ( )||Robe||
||2||The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh, End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Hetman Shaagh ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Cleric ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Guard ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Marksman ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Witch Doctor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Large Earth Elemental ( view • )||Elemental||Earth Elemental|
|Ogre ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|