The Sacred Helm
This deep in hobgoblin territory, you face challenges at every turn. Yet you cannot resist the lure of Shaagh's fabled helm...
|Requires access to : The Seal of Shan-To-Kor|
|The Sacred Helm|
|Takes place in:||Cloven Jaw Stronghold|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Free to Play:||No|
Greezix, the kobold servant, tells you that the key to defeating Shaagh is to steal his enchanted helmet.
Shaagh's helm is being kept in the Cloven-Jaw Stronghold.
- Optional side-quest in the The Seal of Shan-To-Kor quest series
- Acquire Shaagh's Helm
- (Optional) Slay 10 Hobgoblin Clerics — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 2 Hobgoblin Witch Doctors — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Ogre Shaman — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Minotaur Berserker — Bonus (35%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spike trap in the water in the first hallway to the west - Disabled by a lever behind a secret door in the north wall, which pops open a one-shot dart trap opposite
- Blade traps in the water down the eastern hallway opposite the first shrine. Control panels are behind secret doors.
- Spike and dart traps on bridges to the third set of door crystal levers. No way to disable them.
Tips and Misc
- This quest used to be accessible from within part two of the Shan-To-Kor quest chain, but now is its own stand-alone optional quest, accessible directly from the Steam Tunnels (the northern branch, from the first level). Completion isn't required to finish The Seal of Shan-To-Kor.
- Curiously, once you're in the quest, there's no leaving except using the Recall button or the door at the end - there's no rope or door back into the Steam Tunnels at the beginning.
- To get Vigilant Sight Bonus make sure you search the left side of the spike traps 1st as doing the right side and pulling the lever will automatically open the left door and you will no longer be able to search it.
- The clerics are at various points in the hallways, starting past the first shrine.
- The two witch doctors are down the western hallway, guarding the key. There is a bug that can cause one or both of the witch doctors to respawn immediately after death. They will also respawn in 5-6 minute intervals, so don't park a party member (or hireling) there.
- The ogre shaman is in front of the first shrine.
- The minotaur berserker is surrounded by explosive barrels... so be either cautious, or cunning.
- After climbing up the long ladder, there are a series of ledges you can use to get down.
- The bridges to the third set of door crystal levers have a set of spikes at either end; when you cross one bridge, the spikes will start on the *other* bridge. Additionally, when you pull a lever, a dart trap will spring once, aimed at the lever.
- Aggression bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 52 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 64 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 2 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 48 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 62 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 76 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Two
- One at the top of the long ladder
- Chest spawns after slaying Granduul
- Collectables: Five
- Adventurer's Pack in the western hallway
- Rubble in northeast corner of loop to get to the upper area
- Rubble at the top of the long ladder
- Crude Altar along the northern corridor past the second gem-locked door
- Cabinet in northern section on the upper floor of the second multi-level room
- NPC rewards: Standard
Named Chest Drop
||Cloven-jaw Longbow ( )||Long Bow||
||2||The Sacred Helm, Chest at the top of the ladder|
||Shaagh's Helm ( )||Helm||
||3||The Sacred Helm, End chest (guaranteed)|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Granduul ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Gray Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Hobgoblin Cleric ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Guard ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Marksman ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Slayer ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Witch Doctor ( view • )||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Minotaur Berserker ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Minotaur|
|Ogre Shaman ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Ogre ( view • )||Giant||Ogre|
|Violet Slime ( view • )||Ooze||Violet Slime|
|Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Worg ( view • )||Magical Beast||Wolf|