The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade is the 1st quest in The Seal of Shan-To-Kor .|
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade • The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh • Halls of Shan-To-Kor|
Wayfinder Dael made it far into the Steam Tunnels before she was forced to retreat. Watch for the signs she left behind.
|Requires access to : The Seal of Shan-To-Kor|
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge:Blockade|
|Takes place in:||The Kobold's Blockade|
|Bestowed by:||Wayfinder Dael|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||The Seal of Shan-To-Kor or VIP|
Wayfinder Dael has asked you to retrieve the Seal of Shan-To-Kor. She believes the leader of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins knows of its whereabouts. To reach the Cloven-Jaw Tribe, you must first enter the Steam Tunnels from The Marketplace. Somewhere in the depths of these tunnels is a Kobolds' Blockade. You must fight through it to reach the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins on the other side.
- This is the first part of The Seal of Shan-To-Kor story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Get past the kobolds' blockade
- Slay Amrog, the Gatewarden
- Find the entrance to the Hobgoblin stronghold
- (Optional) Slay the captive wight priest — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Defeat the kobold ambush - 12 total — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay 50 Kobolds — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Human Necromancer — Bonus (35%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Ability checks (optional: 1 door, requires Strength check to break down; 2 runes, require Intelligence checks to activate)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh)
- Skill DCs and pictures of all traps, control panel locations, locked doors, and secret doors can be found in the above links by hovering over the description text.
- Spike and blade trap in the room to the north after the second drop, behind the locked gate
- Sonic trap behind a secret door in the water, protecting a collectable. Fires once and no way to disable.
- Spike traps behind the crystal-locked door. Two sets of them, and the control panels only disable half of the corresponding set.
Tips and Misc
- The INT runes found by taking the first left are DC. If you can activate them, an optional wight priest will spawn in the newly opened door.
- The kobold ambush optional which spawns by opening the chest after taking the first right will also count towards the slay 50 kobolds optional.
- When you reach the group of three levers only the middle one needs to be pulled. The one of the left opens a redundant passage and the one of the right doesn't seem to do anything at all.
- There are several points where you have to drop from one level to a lower one. After that point, there is no way to return to the previous higher level.
- The first of these is just past the first shrine, after you pass the blockade.
- The second is actually in the same spot, after you drop down into the Puzzle Room.
- The Puzzle Room warns you not to power the four posts. Each post, once powered will spawn a spider, at least one of which will be a Black Widow. Spin the tiles away from posts to eliminate this threat.
- Behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop, will be a group of kobolds and a chest with a closed gate on one side and a wooden door on the other.
- Killing the Kobolds will unlock the chest and open the gate to the left.
- The wooden door to the right containing the human necromancer optional can be opened in one of four ways:
- Devious bonus: 10 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Discreet bonus: 20 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 66 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 81 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 109 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 134 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: The insidious cunning bonus is unobtainable due to the required kills of Amrog, the Gatewarden and the five kobolds needed to open a gate. The tamper bonus is unobtainable because disabling the second trap brings you right from tamper to neutralization. Even though there is a secret door, the perception bonus is unobtainable.
- Chests: 5
- One down the western fork on the upper level, which spawns the kobold ambush
- One behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop
- One behind the locked (requires the Iron Key) sewer tunnel to the west after the second drop, just before the long ladder down
- One in the room with the long bridge and the mushrooms, to the northwest
- One at the very end, past the entrance to the stronghold
- Moss down the western fork on the upper level, just before the kobold ambush chest
- Crude Altar just before the first big drop, after the first shrine
- Cabinet after the second drop, with the zombies
- Cabinet with the human necromancer
- Alchemy Table to the north after the long ladder down
- Rubble in the water before the crystal-locked door, by the third shrine
- Adventurer's Pack behind a secret door to the north of the watery tunnel, protected by a sonic trap
- Moss to the south on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- Adventurer's Pack to the north on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- NPC rewards: None, until you finish quest chain.