All adventure packs are free for a limited time! Until April 23, use the code
DUNGEONCRAWL in the DDO Store to unlock a plethora of free quests!
More info: https://www.ddo.com/news/ddo-free-dungeoncrawl
Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade is the 1st quest in The Seal of Shan-To-Kor story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge: Blockade • The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh • Halls of Shan-To-Kor|
Wayfinder Dael made it far into the Steam Tunnels before she was forced to retreat. Watch for the signs she left behind.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|The Cloven-jaw Scourge:Blockade|
|Heroic XP:||♣632Solo/Casual ♦1,140Normal ♥1,226Hard ♠1,313Elite|
|Takes place in:||The Kobold's Blockade|
|Bestowed by:||Wayfinder Dael|
|Quest acquired in:||The Steam Tunnels|
|Patron:||The Coin Lords|
|Purchase:||The Seal of Shan-To-Kor or VIP|
Wayfinder Dael has asked you to retrieve the Seal of Shan-To-Kor. She believes the leader of the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins knows of its whereabouts. To reach the Cloven-Jaw Tribe, you must first enter the Steam Tunnels from The Marketplace. Somewhere in the depths of these tunnels is a Kobolds' Blockade. You must fight through it to reach the Cloven-Jaw Hobgoblins on the other side.
- This is the first part of The Seal of Shan-To-Kor story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Get past the kobolds' blockade
- Slay Amrog, the Gatewarden
- Find the entrance to the Hobgoblin stronghold
- (Optional) Slay the captive wight priest — Bonus (15%): Heroic( ♣95 ♦171 ♥184 ♠197 )
- (Optional) Defeat the kobold ambush - 12 total — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣63 ♦114 ♥123 ♠131 )
- (Optional) Slay 50 Kobolds — Bonus (20%): Heroic( ♣126 ♦228 ♥245 ♠263 )
- (Optional) Slay Human Necromancer — Bonus (35%): Heroic( ♣221 ♦399 ♥429 ♠460 )
What to Expect
- Points of no return
- Overlapping floors
- Puzzle (mandatory: tile puzzle)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Ability checks (optional: 1 door, requires Strength check to break down; 2 runes, require Intelligence checks to activate)
- Contains the entrance to another quest (to The Cloven-jaw Scourge: The Caverns of Shaagh)
Spot and Search DCs for Traps and Secret Door
Open Lock and Disable Device DCs
- Skill DCs and pictures of all traps, control panel locations, locked doors, and secret doors can be found in the above links by hovering over the description text.
- Spike and blade trap in the room to the north after the second drop, behind the locked gate
- Sonic trap behind a secret door in the water, protecting a collectable. Fires once and no way to disable.
- Spike traps behind the crystal-locked door. Two sets of them, and the control panels only disable half of the corresponding set.
Tips and Misc
- The INT runes found by taking the first left are DC ♦17Normal ♥17Hard ♠17Elite. If you can activate them, an optional wight priest will spawn in the newly opened door.
- The kobold ambush optional which spawns by opening the chest after taking the first right will also count towards the slay 50 kobolds optional.
- When you reach the group of three levers only the middle one needs to be pulled. The one of the left opens a redundant passage and the one of the right doesn't seem to do anything at all.
- There are several points where you have to drop from one level to a lower one. After that point, there is no way to return to the previous higher level.
- The first of these is just past the first shrine, after you pass the blockade.
- The second is actually in the same spot, after you drop down into the Puzzle Room.
- The Puzzle Room warns you not to power the four posts. Each post, once powered will spawn a spider, at least one of which will be a Black Widow. Spin the tiles away from posts to eliminate this threat.
- Behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop, will be a group of kobolds and a chest with a closed gate on one side and a wooden door on the other.
- Killing the Kobolds will unlock the chest and open the gate to the left.
- The wooden door to the right containing the human necromancer optional can be opened in one of four ways:
- The door can be smashed open with STR DC ♦16Normal ♥16Hard ♠16Elite.
- The door can be burned down with any fire type AOE spell.
- Open Lock can be used to pick the lock on the door which has DC ♦25Normal ♥25Hard ♠25Elite.
- If you kill the kobold thrower right next to the door, his death explosive will burst the door open.
- Devious bonus: 10 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.( ♣44 ♦80 ♥86 ♠92 )
- Discreet bonus: 20 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.( ♣32 ♦57 ♥61 ♠66 )
- Aggression bonus: 51 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣63 ♦114 ♥123 ♠131 )
- Onslaught bonus: 66 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.( ♣95 ♦171 ♥184 ♠197 )
- Conquest bonus: 81 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣158 ♦285 ♥307 ♠328 )
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.( ♣126 ♦228 ♥245 ♠263 )
- Mischief bonus: 84 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.( ♣51 ♦91 ♥98 ♠105 )
- Vandal bonus: 109 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.( ♣63 ♦114 ♥123 ♠131 )
- Ransack bonus: 134 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.( ♣95 ♦171 ♥184 ♠197 )
- Notes: The insidious cunning bonus is unobtainable due to the required kills of Amrog, the Gatewarden and the five kobolds needed to open a gate. The tamper bonus is unobtainable because disabling the second trap brings you right from tamper to neutralization. Even though there is a secret door, the perception bonus is unobtainable.
- Chests: 5
- One down the western fork on the upper level, which spawns the kobold ambush
- One behind the locked gate to the north, after the second drop
- One behind the locked (requires the Iron Key) sewer tunnel to the west after the second drop, just before the long ladder down
- One in the room with the long bridge and the mushrooms, to the northwest
- One at the very end, past the entrance to the stronghold
- Moss down the western fork on the upper level, just before the kobold ambush chest
- Crude Altar just before the first big drop, after the first shrine
- Cabinet after the second drop, with the zombies
- Cabinet with the human necromancer
- Alchemy Table to the north after the long ladder down
- Rubble in the water before the crystal-locked door, by the third shrine
- Adventurer's Pack behind a secret door to the north of the watery tunnel, protected by a sonic trap
- Moss to the south on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- Adventurer's Pack to the north on the mid-point level in the mushroom area
- NPC rewards: None, until you finish quest chain.
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Amrog, the Gatewarden ( view • edit )||♦6Normal ♥9Hard ♠11Elite||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Arcane Skeleton ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♦27Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Skeleton|
|Baby Glass Spider ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite OR From Egg: ♦1Normal ♥1Hard ♠1Elite;||Vermin||Spider|
|Black Widow ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Brown Spider ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠6Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Dwarf Zombie ( view • edit )||QL?: ♦0.25Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite QL3: ♦0.5Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Elf Zombie ( view • edit )||QL:1 ♦0.25Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite; QL:2/3: ♦0.5Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Ghoul ( view • edit )||♦0.5/6Normal ♥2Hard ♠4Elite QL3: ♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♦25Epic Normal||Undead||Ghoul|
|Glass Spider ( view • edit )||♦3Normal ♥5Hard ♠8Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Gray Ooze ( view • edit )||♦4Normal ♥6Hard ♠9Elite||Ooze||Gray Ooze|
|Halfling Zombie ( view • edit )||♦0.5Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite||Undead||Zombie|
|Hobgoblin Guard ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Hobgoblin Infiltrator ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite||Goblinoid||Hobgoblin|
|Human Necromancer ( view • edit )||♦4Normal ♥6Hard ♠9Elite||Humanoid||Human|
|Kobold Shaman ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Sneak ( view • edit )||♦0.25Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Thrower ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold Warrior ( view • edit )||♦0.5Normal ♥2Hard ♠5Elite ●♦28Epic Normal ●♥33Epic Hard ●♠63Epic Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Kobold ( view • edit )||♦0.25Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Skeleton Archer ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥29 - 31Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Swordsman ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥3Hard ♠5Elite ●♥29Epic Hard ●♠45Epic Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton Veteran ( view • edit )||♦1Normal ♥2Hard ♠3Elite||Undead||Skeleton|
|Skeleton ( view • edit )||QL1: ♦0.25Normal ♥0.50Hard ♠2Elite; QL2: ♦0.5Normal ♠5Elite; QL3: ♦0.5Normal ♥1Hard ♠3Elite; QL?: ♦4Normal||Undead||Skeleton|
|Small Brown Spider ( view • edit )||QL3: ♦0.25Normal ♥0.5Hard ♠2Elite; QL?: ♦2Normal ♠1Elite||Vermin||Spider|
|Troglodyte ( view • edit )||♦2Normal ♥4Hard ♠7Elite||Reptilian||Troglodyte|
|Wight Priest ( view • edit )||♦5Normal ♥7Hard ♠9Elite ●♦25Epic Normal ●♥31Epic Hard||Undead||Wight|
- The Seal of Shan-To-Kor chain quests
- The Seal of Shan-To-Kor quests
- Long quests
- The Kobold's Blockade quests
- The Steam Tunnels quests
- The Coin Lords patron quests
- Pay to Play quests
- Quests with collectables/9
- Quests by name
- Compendium:Level 3 quests
- Level 3 quests
- Quests with 4 base favor reward
- Quests with maps
- Quests with more than one map
- Pages sourced by DDO forums
- Links to YouTube
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with more than one map
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > The Seal of Shan-To-Kor quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Long quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 4 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 3 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Marketplace quests > The Steam Tunnels quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Coin Lords patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > The Seal of Shan-To-Kor chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > The Kobold's Blockade quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > YouTube links > Links to YouTube