Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Fighting reduces the to-hit penalty when using two weapons at the same time.
- The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off-hand lessens by 6, so it becomes -4 (main hand) / -4 (off-hand) (instead of -6/-10 without this feat).
- If the off-hand weapon is light, the penalties both decrease by another 2 points, down to -2/-2 (instead of -4/-8 without this feat).
- For wielders of non-light weapons, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting is recommended to bring their attack penalty down to -2/-2.
After Update 5, an off-hand attack would have a chance to proc on any main hand attack now, instead of being predetermined on certain attacks. The default chance to proc an off-hand attack is 20%.
Two Weapon Fighting increases the chance to proc an off-hand attack by 20%, bringing the total chance to 40%. Additional TWF feats increase the percentage chance of proccing an off-hand attack by 20% per feat, to a max of 80% with Greater Two Weapon Fighting.
This feat also works for Handwraps users.
- Additional chances to proc off-hand attack
- Tempest enhancements, second and fifth core ability - 2x +10%
- Shintao enhancements, Deft Strikes and Meditation of War (in Wind Stance)
- Vistani Knife Fighter enhancements, Double Daggers - +20% (daggers only)
- Raid weapon set with two Brilliant Crescents - +20%
- Forest's Versatility - +5%
There's no benefit of having more than a 100% off-hand strike chance.
- TWF provides no benefit to the use of thrown weapons.
- TWF provides no benefit to the use of two ranged weapons - in fact, it is not possible to wield two ranged weapons simultaneously in DDO - but see Inquisitive enhancements.
- A ranger is automatically entitled to Two Weapon Fighting at 2nd level, even if he does not have the prerequisite for it.
- Single Weapon Fighting is mutually exclusive with Two Weapon Fighting.
- A Fighter may select this feat as one of his fighter bonus feats.
- A Monk may select this feat as one of his martial arts feats.
- by developer Eladrin
- Attacks that hit with two weapons