Year of the Dragon: Through 31st July, claim free Red Dragon Wyrmling Creature companion! Speak to Xatheral in the Hall of Heroes. edit

Game mechanicsNewbie guideIn developmentDDO StoreSocial Media

ChallengesClassesCollectablesCraftingEnhancementsEpic DestiniesFavorFeats


Please create an account or log in to remove ads, build a reputation, and unlock more editing privileges and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!

Two Weapon Fighting

From DDO wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

Icon Feat Two Weapon Fighting.png
Two Weapon Fighting


Two Weapon Fighting reduces the to-hit penalty when using two weapons at the same time, and increases the chance of a secondary (off-hand) attack.

  • The attack penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off-hand lessens by 6, so it becomes -4 (main hand) / -4 (off-hand) (instead of -6/-10 without this feat).
  • If the off-hand weapon is light, the penalties both decrease by another 2 points, down to -2/-2 (instead of -4/-8 without this feat).
  • For wielders of non-light weapons, Oversized Two Weapon Fighting was once recommended to bring their attack penalty down to -2/-2, but with the current game math, this is not necessary (or still recommended) - there are better feats to take.

The default chance to proc an off-hand attack is 20%. (Prior to Update 5, an off-hand attack would be predetermined on certain attacks.) Two Weapon Fighting increases the chance to proc an off-hand attack by 20%, bringing the total chance to 40%. The Improved Two Weapon Fighting feat increases the percentage chance of proccing an off-hand attack to 60%, and Greater Two Weapon Fighting increases it to 80%..

Handwraps users don't suffer attack penalties for fighting with two weapons, but this feat grants them the off-hand proc bonuses.

Additional chances to proc off-hand attack

There's no benefit of having more than a 100% off-hand strike chance.

Hits with a TWF character's offhand weapon only receive half of the applicable Ability bonus to damage.


See also

Feat Requirements Offhand Strike Chance (Cumulative) Other Benefits

15 Dexterity


  • Attack penalty reduced to -4/-4 from -6/-10
  • (Attack penalty reduced to -2/-2 if offhand is a Light Weapon)
  • Increases the Hit Point bonus of Heroic Durability.

6 BAB,
17 Dexterity


11 BAB,
17 Dexterity



  • Your offhand attacks now doublestrike at 65% of the rate of your main hand, versus the base 50%, up to a maximum of 65%.
  • Increases the Hit Point bonus of Heroic Durability.

12 Strength, Two Weapon Fighting


  • Attack penalty reduced to -2/-2

Two Weapon Fighting