Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Single Weapon Fighting
Single Weapon Fighting
While Single Weapon Fighting, you gain +10% Combat Style bonus to attack speed and +2 Combat Style bonus to Melee Power.
Single Weapon Fighting: Requires fighting with a single one-handed weapon, and wielding only an orb, runearm, or nothing in your offhand.
Does not function in animal forms.
- Unlike most other bonuses, a Balance skill tome counts towards your total ranks for the purpose of qualifying for this feat. For example, a character with a +2 Balance tome can take this feat without spending any actual skill points. Note however that because tomes are not applied during the character creation screen, a player wanting to take this feat at level 1 will still need to spend skill points.
- Common misconception is that you can wear a shield and still benefit from this feat. You cannot wear a shield and benefit from the single weapon fighting feats unless the third tier Swashbuckler enhancement Skirmisher is taken and the character is single weapon fighting in the Swashbuckling Stance. Then a buckler can be used in the offhand.
- The Single Weapon Fighting feat and Two Handed Fighting feat cannot be taken by the same character. The Single Weapon Fighting feat is mutually exclusive with the Two Handed Fighting feat. Single Weapon Fighting is also mutually exclusive with Two Weapon Fighting.
|Originally Posted by Cordovan (Contribs • Message • Email • Cordovan) on June 12, 2014|
Bug: Right now it does allow a ranger to get both, but it's a bug, and will be fixed soon.
- Unlike the 3.5 PnP version of this feat, your weapon of choice is not limited to light weapons.
- The Single Weapon Fighting feats do not apply to thrown weapons.
|Originally Posted by SteelStar (Contribs • Message • Email • SteelStar) on May 9, 2014|
The Single Weapon Fighting feats do not apply to thrown weapons.
- Since Update 45, Bastard Swords and Dwarven War Axes apply 1.1x your relevant Ability Score Modifier to damage. This stacks with the bonuses from Improved and Greater Single Weapon Fighting.
- Fighters may select this feat as one of their fighter bonus feats.
- Monks may select this feat as one of their martial arts feats.
|Feat||Requirements||Attack Speed (Cumulative)||Melee Power (Combat Style Bonus)||Other Benefits|
|Single Weapon Fighting||0 BAB, 2 Balance||10%||2||
|Improved Single Weapon Fighting||6 BAB, 4 Balance||20%||4||
|Greater Single Weapon Fighting||11 BAB, 7 Balance||30%||6||
|Perfect Single Weapon Fighting||Level 22, 25, or 28 Epic Destiny Feat||-||10||
|Offhand Versatility||8 BAB, SWF||-||-||
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game mechanics
Root > DDO library > Classes > Fighter > Fighter bonus feats
Root > DDO library > Classes > Monk > Martial arts feats
Root > DDO library > Feats
Root > DDO library > Feats > Feats by source > Class feats
Root > DDO library > Feats > Feats by usage > Passive feats
Root > DDO library > Feats > Purchased feats
Root > DDO library > Feats > Requires ranks of Balance
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDO meta > Pages mentioning a Turbine employee > Pages mentioning Cordovan
Root > DDO meta > Pages mentioning a Turbine employee > Pages mentioning SteelStar
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > External links > Pages sourced by DDO forums