- Normal mounts move at 180% the base character run speed
- Fast mounts move at 200% the base character run speed.
The player characters' movement speed is replaced with the movement speed of the mount (VIP speed bonus still applies while mounted).
They also grant a bonus of 20 points to Jump (skill).
Mounts have been introduced in Update 44.
In terms of game mechanics, mounts are items. Drag them to your hotbar and activate them to summon them.
To dismount a mount, press the block key. By default, this is the ⇧ Left Shift. You also dismount automatically if your character takes damage.
Characters may not engage in combat while mounted.
You immediately dismount if you have a rune arm automatically charging.
Several /emotes (e.g. /dance) will work for mounts.
Mounts are available from multiple sources:
- Talk to Quaal of Vesve <Wondrous Mount Vendor> in the Keep on the Borderlands city zone where you can turn 15 Quaal Feather Tokens for a base mount.
- Upgrade a base Mount Certificate to a fast Mount Certificate with an Enchanted Horseshoe. NOTE: A summoned mount cannot be upgraded.
- Daily Dice, gold roll 96+: Fast White Stallion, Fast Midnight Stallion ...
- Keep on the Borderlands Bonus Items bundle includes one Steed of the Borderlands (fast mount) for each of your characters.
- Hardcore League season two, reward for reaching 5000 total favor - Bone Devil Armored Mount
|Armored Black Unicorn 48.4.1||1||100%|
|Armored Unicorn 48.4.1||1||100%|
|Bone Devil Armored Mount 45||1||100%|
|Bone Devil Armored Nightmare 50||1||100%|
|Celestial Mount 46||1||100%|
|Daelkyr Steed 48||1||100%|
|Fast Black Unicorn 47||1||100%|
|Fast Nightmare 50||1||100%|
|Fast Unicorn 47||1||100%|
|Lizardfolk Armored Steed 50||1||100%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Buckskin Horse 44||1||80%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Chestnut Horse 44||1||80%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Dun Horse 44||1||80%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Fast Buckskin Horse 44||1||100%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Fast Chestnut Horse 44||1||100%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Fast Dun Horse 44||1||100%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Fast Palomino Horse 44||1||100%|
|Quaal's Token Mount: Palomino Horse 44||1||80%|
|Smuggler's Steed 50||1||100%|
|Steed of the Borderlands 44||1||100%|
Fast Midnight Stallion ML:1 Speed 100% BTA
Fast White Stallion ML:1 Speed 100% BTA
You do not have to buy different horses for each race, the horse you summon will scale to your character's current size. This includes later reincarnations (which make characters appear slightly physically larger for their second and then third/subsequent incarnations) and race changes over lives.
The size of the mount has no effect on speed or combat.
Most (all?)needs verification taverns don't allow mounts to be ridden inside them - this includes open-air taverns, as well as the Drow camp in the Isle of Forgotten Dreams. Rather than dispelling the mount automatically, they instead apply a special status condition known as Mount Suppression. Mount Suppression dispels your mount's appearance and the jump and speed bonus while in a tavern, but as soon as you exit, the mount appears again.
Pressing the dismount key (Shift by default) will dispel your suppressed mount, and you will be put back into mount suppression if you summon a mount while in a tavern.