A Favored Soul is a divine spellcaster like the Cleric but there are a few major differences. As a Favored Soul you are able to cast more spells per rest period, represented by your greater amount of spell points, but unlike the Cleric you can only learn a small number of the available spells.
|The Favored Soul class must be purchased in the DDO store for 995 Turbine Points or unlocked on a per-server basis by earning 2,500 total favor on a single character. The Favored Soul class is not free to VIPs.|
 Class Summary
Hit dice: d8
- Skill points at 1st level: (2 + Intelligence modifier) x4
- Skill points at each additional level: 2 + Intelligence modifier
 Weapon and Armor Proficiencies:
Past Life: Favored Soul You were a Favored Soul in a past life. You occasionally find yourself wishing to leap off of tall things. Each time you acquire this feat you gain +1 to spell penetration checks and gain 20 additional spell points. (These spell points are only available if you are able to cast spells.) This feat can be stacked up to three times. Past Life: Acolyte of Divine Secrets You recall more about your past life as a Favored Soul. You have +2 to your Diplomacy skill and can call down the wrath of your former deity, producing an Avenging Light effect ten times per rest. (Activate this Favored Soul ability to cause a searing orb of radiant light to smite your target, dealing 1d8 hit points of light damage plus an additional 1d8 per three caster levels.)
- Angel of Vengence
- Beacon of Hope
- Divine Avenger
 Advancement table
Favored Soul gain additional spell points when they increase level or by having high charisma, check the tables here.
|Table: The Favored Soul||Preparable Spells|
|Level||Base Attack Bonus||Fort Save||Ref Save||Will Save||Special||Spell points*||1st||2nd||3rd||4th||5th||6th||7th||8th||9th|
|1st||+0/+0||+2||+2||+2||Follower of (your faith)||180||2||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|3rd||+2/+2/+7||+3||+3||+3||Child of (your faith)||280||4||-||-||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|6th||+4/+4/+9||+5||+5||+5||Deity Based Active Feat||435||4||2||1||-||-||-||-||-||-|
|12th||+9/+9/+14/+19||+8||+8||+8||Beloved of (your faith)||870||4||4||4||3||2||1||-||-||-|
|17th||+12/+12/+17/+22||+10||+10||+10||Leap of Faith||1370||4||4||4||4||4||3||3||2||-|
A Favored Soul also gets bonus spell points from his Charisma modifier. Favored Soul also gain double the spell points from items. However only pure Favored Souls get this bonus. Multi-classed Favored Souls get a percentage of the bonus based on how pure they are. EG: a 18/2 Favored Soul/Monk will get only 190% from SP items.
- Includes Base SP from Spell point table plus 80 SP from Magical Training free feat.
 Level 1
- Religious Lore (passive): This feat grants represents your knowledge of religion. This feat is received once for every favored soul level.
 Deity Based Feats
- Favored Soul at levels 1, 3, 6, 12 and 20 select one additional Deity-based feat from the list below.
- Clerics and Paladins at levels 1 and 6 select one additional Deity-based feat from the list below. Clerics and Paladins can also use their standard feat slot for Deity-based feats.
- Your choice at level 1 determines your favored weapon, and type of Damage Reduction†.
 Energy Resistance
At level 5, 10 and 15 a Favored Soul selects one of the following Energy Resistance feats. Each grants stacking energy resistance 10 and can only be taken once.
- Energy Resistance: Acid
- Energy Resistance: Cold
- Energy Resistance: Electricity
- Energy Resistance: Fire
- Energy Resistance: Sonic
See also: Favored Soul spells
- A Favored Soul casts divine spells. See Favored Soul spell list.
- To learn and cast a spell, a Favored Soul must have a Charisma score equal to at least 10 + spell level.
- However, the Difficulty Class for a saving throw against a Favored Soul's spell is 10 + spell level + Favored Soul's Wisdom modifier.
- A Favored Soul has same casting speed and casting cooldown as a Wizard or Cleric.