Guild Airships (history)
|This page is about a subject that no longer exists in-game. It has been replaced by Guild Airships.|
|If you can verify that the subject still exists, pleaseand remove this template.|
An airship is a location where access is limited only to guild members, or people who are temporarily invited there. The main purpose is to provide buffs. A guild works toward acquiring a Guild Airship, and then improves on it. Improvements include bigger and better airships, amenities (such as a tavern), and crew (such as a navigator) to facilitate tasks. The more advanced the guild and the guild airship, the more buffs are available.
Information on getting a Guild Airship is in the Guild Renown section of the Guilds page.
Embarking and Disembarking
In every public zone except House Cannith and the Inspired Quarter, is an Airship Tower, used to board Guild Airships. They are also the disembarkation point when leaving the Airship if your Guild has the ability to disembark at a particular public zone. Airship Beacons can be used to travel to your Guild Airship. Airships are disembarked by selecting a location on menu from talking with the captain, by teleport spell, or simply by jumping over the edge (landing you haphazardly in Stormreach locations). On board an airship, the map is blank.
Airship Towers are located in:
- House Deneith - Near all the class trainers
- House Jorasco - Just to the left of the entryway to the Delera's Graveyard
- House Kundarak - South of the House Kundarak Bank, to the right of the Tharashk Arena quest entrance
- House Phiarlan - Next to the entrance of the Bogwater Tavern
- The Harbor - Next to the Auctioneer
- The Marketplace - Northern part between the entrances to House Deneith and House Jorasco
- The Twelve - Next to the Wagon Camp
An Airship Beacon is a purchasable item from the DDO Store allowing you to open a portal (except from within Raid Dungeons) for you and others to go to your Guild Airship. Non-Guild Members can be sent an invite so they can partake of your Guild Airship amenities.
|Windspyre Sparrow||Light||Guild Level 15 for AS
or Guild Level 20 for pp
|1000 AS direct at GL15
or 50,000 pp direct at GL20
|0 Large, 4 Small||3||36m||30||1 fresh bacon strip and 1 hammock (and 1 cargo net usable as a hammock)|
|Stormglory Bolt||Light||Guild Level 25||1000 AS direct
or 600 AS upgrade from Wind Sparrow
|2 Large, 6 Small||4||56m||35||??|
|Windspyre Falcon||Medium||Guild Level 50
and existing light airship
|360,000 pp upgrade from light airship||2 Large, 8 Small||6||59m||40||2 cooked bacon strips, 3 hammocks, teapot & 4 cups, 2 cargo nets and a plant.|
|Stormglory Tempest||Medium||Guild Level 55
and existing light or medium airship
|1650 AS upgrade from Storm Bolt
or 1000 AS upgrade from Wind Falcon
|4 Large, 11* Small||9*||75m||50||2 fresh and 1 well-done bacon strips|
|Windspyre Gryphon||Heavy||Guild Level 80
and existing medium airship
|1,800,000 pp upgrade from medium airship||4* Large, 12 Small||9*||87m||60||3 fresh bacon strips and 2 cargo nets (needs verification post U20)|
|Stormglory Typhoon||Heavy||Guild Level 85
and existing medium or heavy airship
|3850 AS upgrade from Storm Tempest
or 2000 AS upgrade from Wind Gryphon
|6 Large, 14 Small||10||102m||70||3 well-done bacon strips and 1 spa|
* Stormglory Tempest and Windspyre Gryphon airships advertise as having a different number of hook-points than they actual do (). Listed are actual hook-points.
- AS stands for Astral Shards.
- You must progress from light ship ⇒ medium ship ⇒ heavy ship; pp costs here are the upgrade price from the ship one size smaller.
- Airships are paid for one-time-only for each ship, vs. amenities and crew that are rented (that is, amenities and crew disappear after a set number of days and must be repurchased). The vendors in the Airship Showroom offer a deposit system where every member of a Guild can deposit platinum or Astral Shards for their Guild towards acquiring or upgrading an Airship.
- Platinum can be deposited at the Windspyre Airship Vendor in amounts of 500, 2500, 10000, 25000, 100000, or 500000. Astral Shards can be deposited at Stormglory Luxury Airship Vendor in amounts of 25, 50, 125, 500, 1250, or 5000.
- Upgrading an airship transfers all current, ongoing amenity and crew contracts to the new airship. Residual duration of each contract is unaffected. Guild chest content is unaffected. You don't lose anything practical. N.B.: verified on upgrading from a Windspyre Sparrow to a Windspyre Falcon. Exception: see #Airship Customization.
- Trying to board your airship while someone else is upgrading it can cause you to find yourself in midair on a fast, personal, least-energy route to Stormreach's ground level.
- Characters that were on board the previous airship at logout will be listed as such (in the character selection screen and in the Social / Guild panel, for example) until they log back in. At that point, they will be on board the upgraded airship and listed as such.
Talk to the First Mate of your airship to toggle whether hook points are visible. Once hook points are visible, click any hook point to open the store for contracts for that type of hook point.
Amenities are rented. You can pay with platinum or Astral Shards.
- Normal contracts: You can hire a new amenity for three days or prolong a contract by 7 days. Maximum duration: 38 days.
- Gold Seal contracts: You can hire a new amenity for 14 days or prolong a contract by 14 days. Maximum duration: 84 days.
- Chests are rented for 30 days, maximum duration 60 (both standard and Gold Seal).
|Type||Size||Req. Level (Gold Seal)||Cost (AS)||Req. Level (Standard)||Cost (PP)||Description|
|Orien Mailbox Contract||Small||20||15||24||282.1||Mailbox access|
|Small Guild Chest Contract||Small||20||30||25||12,500||20-item chest, open access to guild members|
|Free Agents Tavern Contract||Small||20||15||25||312.5||Tavern area and barkeep for a limited duration on an airship|
|Lesser Sonic Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||21||15||27||378.7||10 point sonic resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Minor Charisma Shrine Rental Contract||Small||21||40||27||378.7||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to charisma|
|Lesser Cold Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||22||25||28||414.8||10 point cold resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Minor Intelligence Shrine Rental Contract||Small||22||40||28||414.8||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to intelligence|
|Lesser Electric Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||23||25||29||452.8||10 point electric resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Minor Wisdom Shrine Rental Contract||Small||23||40||29||452.8||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to wisdom|
|Device Workstation Contract||Large||24||30||30||492.9||Trap Workstation: allows you to craft traps, grenades, and various other rogue friendly devices|
|Lesser Acid Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||24||25||30||492.9||10 point acid resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Minor Dexterity Shrine Rental Contract||Small||24||40||30||492.9||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to dexterity|
|Lesser Fire Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||24||25||31||535||10 point fire resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Minor Constitution Shrine Rental Contract||Small||24||40||31||535||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to constitution|
|Minor Strength Shrine Rental Contract||Small||25||40||32||579.2||Provides a +1 artifact bonus to strength|
|Minor Experience Shrine Rental Contract||Large||26||40||33||625.5||1% bonus to earned experience points|
|Kundarak Banker Contract||Small||28||20||35||724.7||Bank access|
|Special Access Small Guild Chest 1||Small||28||65||n/a||n/a||This chest can hold 20 items in storage that is only accessible by officers and the guild leader.|
|Large Guild Chest Contract||Large||32||45||40||40,476||50-item chest, open access to guild members|
|Stone of Change Contract||Large||32||40||40||1,011.9||Stone of Change|
|Coin Lords Auctioneer Contract||Small||33||30||42||1,143.2||Auction House access|
|Sonic Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||33||25||42||1,143.2||20 point sonic resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Cold Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||34||40||43||1,212.4||20 point cold resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Electric Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||35||40||44||1,248.1||20 point electric resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Acid Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||36||30||45||1,358.4||20 point acid resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Fire Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||36||40||46||1,435.1||20 point fire resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Experience Shrine Rental Contract||Large||38||65||48||1,596.2||1 hr 2% bonus to earned experience points|
|Altar of Invasion Contract||Large||40||40||50||1,767.7||Altar of Invasion|
|Special Access Small Guild Chest 2, aka Gold Seal Airship Amenity Contract - Third Small Guild Chest||Small||44||80||n/a||n/a||This chest can hold 20 items in storage that is only accessible by officers and the guild leader.|
|Greater Sonic Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||45||40||57||2,452.9||30 point sonic resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Charisma Shrine Rental Contract||Small||45||65||57||2,452.9||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to charisma|
|Greater Cold Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||46||50||58||2,561.9||30 point cold resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Intelligence Shrine Rental Contract||Small||46||65||58||2,561.9||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to intelligence|
|Greater Electric Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||47||50||59||2,673.8||30 point electric resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Wisdom Shrine Rental Contract||Small||47||65||59||2,673.8||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to wisdom|
|Altar of Subjugation Contract||Large||48||50||60||2,788.5||Altar of Subjugation|
|Greater Acid Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||48||50||60||2,788.5||30 point acid resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Dexterity Shrine Rental Contract||Small||48||65||60||2,788.5||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to dexterity|
|Greater Fire Resistance Shrine Rental Contract||Small||48||50||61||2,906.1||30 point fire resistance (doesn't stack with item or spell)|
|Lesser Constitution Shrine Rental Contract||Small||48||65||61||2,906.1||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to constitution|
|Special Access Large Guild Chest 1||Large||48||130||n/a||n/a||This chest can hold 50 items in storage that is only accessible by officers and the guild leader.|
|Lesser Strength Shrine Rental Contract||Small||49||65||62||3,026.7||Provides a +2 artifact bonus to strength|
|Experience Shrine Rental Contract||Large||50||80||63||3,150.2||3% bonus to earned experience points|
|Altar of Devastation Contract||Large||56||55||70||4,099.6||Altar of Devastation|
|Greater Experience Shrine Rental Contract||Large||62||100||78||5,373.2||4% bonus to earned experience points|
|Altar of Epic Rituals Contract||Large||64||65||80||5,724.3||Altar of Epic Rituals|
|Special Access Large Guild Chest 2||Large||64||150||n/a||n/a||This chest can hold 50 items in storage that is only accessible by officers and the guild leader.|
|Major Experience Shrine Rental Contract||Large||74||115||93||8,340.7||5% bonus to earned experience points|
- All airship buffs last 1 hour and are persistent through everything except death.
- Prices updated in April 2013.
Airships can be populated by various crew members. The amount of crew members it can employ is based on the size of the Airship itself. You will need to talk to the First Mate of your Airship to be able to turn on viewing the Hook points.
Crew are rented. You can pay with platinum or Astral Shards.
- Normal contracts: You can hire a new crew member for three days or prolong a contract by 7 days. Maximum duration: 38 days.
- Gold Seal contracts: You can hire a new crew member for 14 days or prolong a contract by 14 days. Maximum duration: 84 days.
|Type||Req. Level (Gold Seal)||Cost (AS)||Req. Level (Standard)||Cost (PP)||Description|
|Silver Flame Priest Contract||20||50||20||178.8||Casts Silver Flame Purity (Claims Protection from Evil effect, but has no real effect - bugged.)|
|House Deneith Defender Contract||20||50||21||202||Casts Sentinels Bulwark (DR 1/-, stacking natural AC +1)|
|House Jorasco Healer Contract||20||50||22||227||Casts Divine Glory (Stacking bonus to incoming healing +10%)|
|Training Dummy Blueprints||20||40||23||253.6||Can be attacked, 100% fort true neutral construct. 5000 HP. Helpless after the first time it is killed on a non-fresh instance (so 50% extra damage). Person that gets the killing blow gets Hours of Practice buff (+2 stacking attack bonus for 1 hour, persistent except death).|
|Scholar of the Twelve Contract||20||50||24||282.1||Casts Lore of the Twelve (+1 non-stacking* spell penetration, +1 non-stacking* DC on evocations/conjurations that you cast) *Does not stack with Spell Penetration/Focus on items.|
|House Kundarak Battlemaster Contract||20||50||25||312.5||Casts Dwarven Stoutness (+1 stacking natural AC, +5 enhancement bonus to balance/haggle)|
|Navigator Contract: Pawlo Mapmaker||20||15||25||312.5||Allows transport to any public area for which you have completed the associated Explorer quest|
|Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior Contract||20||50||26||344.6||Casts Dhakaani Vigor (+4 stacking saves vs. fear, +2 competence bonus damage to your physical attacks, doesn't stack with competence bonus from items ( ))|
|House Phiarlan Entertainer Contract||20||50||26||344.6||Casts Phiarlan Inspiration (+1 morale bonus to all skills, +1 morale bonus* to DCs on enchantments/illusions that you cast) *Non-stacking with spellsinger's Spellsong Trance.|
|Clan Gnashtooth Kobold Shaman Contract||21||50||27||378.7||Casts Blessing of the Three Dragons (Grants a +1 Sacred bonus to saves, a +1 Profane bonus to attack rolls, and a +1 stacking bonus to Natural Armor)|
|Navigator Contract: Artleblart||40||40||50||1,767.7||Allows transport to any public area for which you have started (or completed) the associated Explorer quest|
|Twelve Planescaller Contract||56||15||70||4,099.6||Gives your navigator the ability to make inter-planar trips|
|Xorian Navigator Contract: Xathrizopkrsis||60||65||75||4,871.3||Allows transport to any public area|
- Prices updated in April 2013.
- Most bonuses to spell DCs are internally typed as enhancements bonuses, thus do not stack with common spell focus items. The one exception is the Phiarlan Entertainer's bonuses which are typed as morale bonuses, they stack with items, but not with a spellsinger's Spellsong Trance.
- All airship buffs last 1 hour and are persistent through everything except death.
- As of September 2016, crew-member buff bonus types all appear to be guild bonus (no idea when this changed). The Darguun Hobgoblin Warrior, for instance, now absolutely stacks with Deadly items.
Some parts of the airship can be recolored using dyes from the DDO Store. They are permanent until a new dye is used. They can only be applied by Guild Officers and Guild Leaders. To apply, stand on your airship and use the dye.
PLEASE NOTE - currently the following items / upgrades will disappear if ship applied to is upgraded
|Blue Airship Elemental Ring||Blue||Elemental power ring||495||live|
|Green Airship Elemental Ring||Green||Elemental power ring||495||live|
|Orange-red Airship Elemental Ring||Orange-red||Elemental power ring||495||test|
|Purple Airship Elemental Ring||Purple||Elemental power ring||495||test|
|Red Airship Elemental Ring||Red||Elemental power ring||495||live|
|White Airship Elemental Ring||White||Elemental power ring||495||live|
|Blue Airship Hull Paint||Blue||Exterior hull and walls||495||live|
|Brown Airship Hull Paint||Brown||Exterior hull and walls||295||test|
|Green Airship Hull Paint||Green||Exterior hull and walls||495||live|
|Purple Airship Hull Paint||Purple||Exterior hull and walls||495||test|
|Red Airship Hull Paint||Red||Exterior hull and walls||495||live|
|White Airship Hull Stain||White||Exterior hull and walls||495||live|
|Blue Airship Sail Cloth||Blue||Exterior sails and fins||495||live|
|Green Airship Sail Cloth||Green||Exterior sails and fins||495||live|
|Orange Airship Sail Cloth||Orange||Exterior sails and fins||495||test|
|Purple Airship Sail Cloth||Purple||Exterior sails and fins||495||test|
|Red Airship Sail Cloth||Red||Exterior sails and fins||495||live|
|Standard Airship Sail Cloth||Tan||Exterior sails and fins||295||live|
|White Airship Sail Cloth||White||Exterior sails and fins||495||live|
|Blue Airship Interior Stain||Blue||Interior walls and trim||495||live|
|Green Airship Interior Stain||Green||Interior walls and trim||495||live|
|Red Airship Interior Stain||Red||Interior walls and trim||495||live|
|White Airship Interior Stain||White||Interior walls and trim||495||live|
- Some items are not on the live server yet. Prices may change.