Tomb of the Shadow Knight
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tomb of the Shadow Knight is the 3rd quest in the Litany of the Dead Part 2 .|
|The first four quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Shadow Crypt.|
|Tomb of the Shadow Guard • Tomb of the Shadow King • Tomb of the Shadow Knight • Tomb of the Shadow Lord • The Shadow Crypt|
|Requires access to : The Necropolis, Part 2|
|Tomb of the Shadow Knight|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Shadow Knight|
|Bestowed by:||Gunther Gloomtender|
|NPC contact:||Gunther Gloomtender|
|Quest acquired in:||The Necropolis|
|Patron:||The Silver Flame|
|Free to Play:||No|
Gunther Gloomtender of the Emerald Claw has tasked you with the unenviable assignment of exploring the Tomb of the Shadow Knight. Find your way through the tomb, purify the altars, and defeat Mdjaj, the mummy prince.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Purify the North Altar
- Purify the East Altar
- Purify the South Altar
- Purify the West Altar
- Slay Mdjai
- (Optional) Disable 10 traps — Bonus (50%): Heroic
- (Optional) Disable 20 traps — Bonus (150%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Shadow Rogue — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Gloam — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Brume — Bonus (20%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed lever (in the south wing)
- You need a ranged weapon to trigger a lever on a ceiling to open the second set of gates to the south Evil Altar.
- Disable traps Optional objectives
- Plenty of traps (21 total disarmable)
Tips and Misc
- Useful spells: Resist Cold/Electricity/Fire, Restoration.
- Ghost Touch weapons are essential; almost every monster is incorporeal.
- Open Lock or Knock can be very useful here. Every door that leads to an Evil Altar can also be opened in this manner, rather than fight monsters and traps for the keys.
- Many areas have 2 or 3 different adjacent or overlapping traps (each with their own trap control panel) – you have been warned.
- Plenty of shrines (4, 1 in each section).
- The path to the south Evil Altar can be opened without 2nd player or a hireling by using a ranged weapon on the lever on the ceiling, located directly above the lever on the floor.
- Note: You must be just within the first set of gates, and it still may take a number of shots to trigger the inner gates down and the outer gates up.
- Beware of the Shadow Rogue; He is an invisible stalker, so you will not see him at all (and you'll probably end up slaying him by accident too.)
- Tamper bonus: 11 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 1 or more secret door discovered +8% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 95 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 123 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 152 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 5
- Chests in each of the north, south, and west sections
- 2 end chests upon defeating Mdjai
- Collectables: 7
- Adventurer's Pack due East of the entrance
- Adventurer's Pack in the first room leading to the West altar
- Moss just North of the entrance
- Adventurer's Pack in the North-east corner of the circular hallway
- Moss in the first room leading to the East altar
- Crude Altar in the South-east corner of the circular highway
- Moss outside the exit from the South altar
- NPC rewards: Random item
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Brume ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Dread Wraith ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Drifting Scourge Mage ( view • )||Undead||Spectre|
|Drifting Scourge ( view • )||Undead||Spectre|
|Dun Butcher ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Fated Revenant ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Gloam ( view • )||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Gloomstreaker ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Mdjai ( view • )||Undead||Mummy|
|Phase Spider ( view • )||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Shadow (Mabar) ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Shadow Rogue ( view • )||Elemental||Invisible Stalker|
|Shrouded Terror Mage ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Shrouded Terror ( view • )||Undead||Wraith|
|Twilight Channeler ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Umbral Gargoyle ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|
|Umbral Worg ( view • )||Undead||Shadow|