Many, but not all spiders have Evasion.
Spiders have the following features.
- 8 legs, granting them massive bonuses against Trip.
- 8-sided Hit Dice.
- Base attack bonus equal to ¾ total Hit Dice (as cleric).
- Good Fortitude saves. Decent Reflex saves, Poor will saves.
- Skill points equal to (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1) per Hit Die, with quadruple skill points for the first Hit Die, if the vermin has an Intelligence score. However, most vermin are mindless and gain no skill points or feats.
Spiders possess the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
- Mindless: No Intelligence score, and immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Proficient with their natural weapons only.
- Proficient with no armor.
- Vermin breathe, eat, and sleep.
- Tremor Sense
Common spiders, such as Black Widows and Small Brown Spiders, are Vermin type monsters. Spiders of the Magical Beast type tend to have more magical qualities or fiendish blood, such as Crimson Foot Slayers or Whisperdoom. Magical Beast type spiders can even be spellcasters. The Crimson Foot Herald and some of the named spiders (like Whisperdoom) are notable in this regard.
Creature Entries (116)
<ncl>Spider race monsters</ncl>