Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Base Value: 00000000202
- Weight: 0.40 lbs
- Proficiency Class: Exotic weapons
- Damage and Type: 1d2 Slash
- Critical threat range 20/x2
- Weapon Type: Thrown weapons
- Handedness: Thrown weapon
- Default Modifiers
- Durability: 3
- Made from:
- Hardness: 5
- Named items: Category:Shurikens
A tiny circular thrown weapon with a serrated edge.
- The Shuriken Expertise feat gives a chance for an additional throw, enhancing its appeal. Drow get this feat for free at character creation.
- Following offhand effects work with shurikens:
- Doublestrike / Doubleshot
- Tendon Slice (The new % version), Razorend (old and longer % version)
- Greater Sunburst (on Celestia)
- Any of the 'detonation' acid/fire/electric/cold AoE procs, both on named items and lootgen
- Erosive (Proc of stone prison, but has a low DC, so might not be useful.)
- Armor Piercing (Appears to not stack with other armor piercing, but works in offhand.)
- Stealth Strike (Cannith Crafting)
Types of Shuriken
- Shuriken (or "throwing stars" or "stars") come in returning and non-returning varieties. Once you consume a stack of non-returning stars, they are expended permanently, like arrows and bolts.
- The non-returning variety is readily available from chests, vendor shops, and the Auction House but cannot carry modifiers or be crafted. "Sturdy" (75% returning) shuriken can be purchased from House Deneith with sufficient favor.
- Returning shuriken with various properties (such as Adamantine, Silver and Cold Iron) do appear in game but seem rarer to find from chests than other weapons. While loot-generated returning stars may appear with augment slots, these are extremely rare. All returning stars that are generated randomly in chest drops (except the named stars) have the word "Returning" in its item name.
- There are only three named shuriken as of Update 20 (all Returning, naturally): the Snowstar, Shadow Star, and The Morning Star. Of these, only The Morning Star has a red augment slot and can be found in both Heroic and Epic versions from the quest, Friends in Low Places.
- Returning shurikens can also be created through Green Steel, Alchemical Crafting, and Thunder-Forged Crafting. "Spelltouched" Shuriken (a semi-randomly generated returning star for minimum levels 16, 20 and 24) from the Eveningstar challenges may provide the strongest punch with their multiple and hidden weapon effects.