Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
Wrath of the Flame
The Silver Flame are famous for their zealotry in their crusade against evil. Many Demons and Devils have felt the burning pain of their blades.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Wrath of the Flame|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,486Solo/Casual ♦2,566Normal ♥2,654Hard ♠2,742Elite|
|Takes place in:||Adventurer's Camp|
|Bestowed by:||Gustor Miles|
|NPC contact:||Gustor Miles|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Purchase:||The Devils of Shavarath or VIP|
An Augur of the Twelve named Gustor Miles is concerned about reports of adventurers being attacked by the Silver Flame.
He has asked you to investigate these attacks at an Adventurer's Camp on the Devil Battlefield.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find out what the Silver Flame is up to
- Find and confront the Inquisitor
- Find and free the true Inquisitor
- (Failure) Do not let Inquisitor Lightbringer die
- Defeat Malicia, the Succubus Spy Mistress
- Discover the Secret Chamber of the Succubi
What to Expect
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Lightbringer dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Lightbringer)
- Randomly placed NPC (mandatory: Lightbringer)
Tips and Misc
- You can click on "Lightbringer," standing high above you on a ledge, to start the quest.
- The Silver Flame fighters that turn on you (temporarily) have Good alignment, so they are immune from weapons with this quality.
- Target the enemy Clerics first and keep an eye on the Paladins. Both rapidly re-heal themselves and their party.
- After freeing and speaking to the Archon, a moment will go by before two or more Jariliths pounce on you. Put away the catnip and feed them Cold Iron or Good-aligned weapons instead. A wall that leads to the cave beyond opens shortly after the jariliths appear.
- When you first find "Lightbringer" in the caves (a Succubus in disguise), avoid slaying her Silver Flame guards and concentrate attacks on her. When she can no longer keep her disguise, the Silver Flame become your ally, potentially leaving you with a modest NPC army for the remaining spawns produced before the end-fight. These NPCs will not follow you up the way to the end-fight, however.
- Bug: Be wary of killing this succubus too fast! If reduced to 0HP before her transformation, she will refuse to die after transforming, and will continue to bother you for the rest of the quest.
- An orange-named orthon (Rogudun) and a few devils greet you inside a closed door (Secret door DC) to the circular arena where the true Lightbringer is held captive. If your party's resources are still plentiful enough, destroy him and his friends first, then use the rest shrine before the end fight.
- The true Lightbringer will say, "Look out behind you!" All others will give you some other snarky comment, transform into a Succubus, then fight and disappear before they can be killed.
- Malicia (DDO's poster child for fetish wear as last seen in Under the Big Top and To Curse the Sky) will appear with many other succubi. Have your Cold Iron/Metalline of Pure Good weaponry at the ready.
- Lightbringer is generally hardy, but her protection is crucial. If she dies, you fail the quest.
- Once you start the fight with the end boss, a forcefield closes off the area with the final chest so you will not be able to release and return to the end chest if you die and cannot be resurrected. You are also closed off from the resurrection shrine. Keep your healer healthy!
- Killing Malicia will cause any other succubi to disappear and immediately completes the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 45 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.( ♣149 ♦257 ♥265 ♠274 )
- Chests: 1
- 1 at the end for killing Malicia (Succubus, may drop Mysterious Artifact and Demon's Blood, ingredients for Boots of Anchoring)
- NPC rewards: standard
Named Chest Drop
||Renard's Elegant Hat (edit)||Helm||
||18||Bound to Character on Acquire, ExclusiveBound to Character on Acquire: This item is Bound to Character on Acquire
This is an Exclusive item. You may only carry one at a time.
|Wrath of the Flame, End chest|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > The Devils of Shavarath quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 6 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 19 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > Amrath quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Twelve patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Adventurer's Camp quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps