Wrath of the Flame
The Silver Flame are famous for their zealotry in their crusade against evil. Many Demons and Devils have felt the burning pain of their blades.
|Requires access to : The Devils of Shavarath|
|Wrath of the Flame|
|Takes place in:||Adventurer's Camp|
|Bestowed by:||Gustor Miles|
|NPC contact:||Gustor Miles|
|Quest acquired in:||Amrath|
|Free to Play:||No|
An Augur of the Twelve named Gustor Miles is concerned about reports of adventurers being attacked by the Silver Flame.
He has asked you to investigate these attacks at an Adventurer's Camp on the Devil Battlefield.
- Find out what the Silver Flame is up to
- Find and confront the Inquisitor
- Find and free the true Inquisitor
- (Failure) Do not let Inquisitor Lightbringer die
- Defeat Malicia, the Succubus Spy Mistress
- Discover the Secret Chamber of the Succubi
What to Expect
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Quest failure (if Lightbringer dies)
- Protect an NPC (mandatory: Lightbringer)
- Randomly placed NPC (mandatory: Lightbringer)
Tips and Misc
- You can click on "Lightbringer," standing high above you on a ledge, to start the quest.
- The Silver Flame fighters that turn on you (temporarily) have Good alignment, so they are immune from weapons with this quality.
- Target the enemy Clerics first and keep an eye on the Paladins. Both rapidly re-heal themselves and their party.
- After freeing and speaking to the Archon, a moment will go by before two or more Jariliths pounce on you. Put away the catnip and feed them Cold Iron or Good-aligned weapons instead. A wall that leads to the cave beyond opens shortly after the jariliths appear.
- When you first find "Lightbringer" in the caves (a Succubus in disguise), avoid slaying her Silver Flame guards and concentrate attacks on her. When she can no longer keep her disguise, the Silver Flame become your ally, potentially leaving you with a modest NPC army for the remaining spawns produced before the end-fight. These NPCs will not follow you up the way to the end-fight, however.
- An orange-named orthon (Rogudun) and a few devils greet you inside a closed door to the circular arena where the true Lightbringer is held captive. If your party's resources are still plentiful enough, destroy him and his friends first, then use the rest shrine before the end fight.
- The true Lightbringer will say, "Look out behind you!" All others will give you some other snarky comment, transform into a Succubus, then fight and disappear before they can be killed.
- Malicia (DDO's poster child for fetish wear as last seen in Under the Big Top and To Curse the Sky) will appear with many other succubi. Have your Cold Iron/Metalline of Pure Good weaponry at the ready.
- Lightbringer is generally hardy, but her protection is crucial. If she dies, you fail the quest.
- Once you start the fight with the end boss, a forcefield closes off the area with the final chest so you will not be able to release and return to the end chest if you die and cannot be resurrected. You are also closed off from the resurrection shrine. Keep your healer healthy!
- Killing Malicia will cause any other succubi to disappear and immediately completes the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 45 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Chests: 1
- 1 at the end for killing Malicia (Succubus, may drop Mysterious Artifact and Demon's Blood, ingredients for Boots of Anchoring)
- NPC rewards: Level 14-16 weapon, armor or shield. Reward list only contains 5 items (4 pieces of equipment, 1 Guild Renown item).
Named Chest Drop
|Malicia (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Succubus Double (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Inquisitor Lightbringer (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Rogudun (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Greater Bezekira (view)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Hezrou Raider (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Jarilith Raider (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Orthon Stalwart (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|
|Silver Flame Cleric (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Silver Flame Paladin (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Silver Flame Ranger (NoPic)||Humanoid||Human|
|Tiefling Death Blade (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Tiefling|
|Tiefling Infernal Priest (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Tiefling|
|Tiefling Thaumaturge (NoPic)||Native Outsider||Tiefling|
|Vanguard Barbazu (NoPic)||Evil Outsider||Devil|