The Last Stand
|The Last Stand is the 3rd quest in The Red Fens .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock Into the Deep.|
|Fathom the Depths • The Claw of Vulkoor • The Last Stand • Into the Deep|
The Refuge of the Ancestors is the only part of the Raveneye village that has withstood the sahuagin attacks.
|Requires access to : The Red Fens|
|The Last Stand|
|Takes place in:||Refuge of the Ancestors|
|Quest acquired in:||The Red Fens|
|Purchase:||The Red Fens or VIP|
The sahuagin destroyed the Raveneye clan's village during their invasion of the Red Fens. One Raveneye clan elder, Viercha Ettervs, is making a brave and probably doomed last stand in the Refuge of the Ancestors.
Gullwing wants you to travel to the Refuge of the Ancestors in the northeast section of the swamp and save Viercha Ettervs.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Talk with Viercha Ettervs
- Defeat the Sahuagin raiders
- Stop the Sahuagin demolition of the village
- Hold back the second Sahuagin wave
- Stop the third Sahuagin assault
- Defeat Tsa Ketn
- (Failure) Viercha Ettervs must survive
- (Optional) At least one Raveneye villager must survive — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay Braktaxx — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Slay the large ochre jelly, Glomm — Bonus (15%): Heroic Epic
What to Expect
- Randomly placed collectable (1)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Protect NPCs (mandatory: 1 and optional: 7)
- Randomly placed shrine (the resurrection shrine can appear either north or south)
Tips and Misc
- The assault does not begin until you speak to Elder Ettervs.
- There is a pause in the fighting after the second round (stopping the destruction of the village) and second wave, giving you a chance to use the shrine and rebuff if need be.
- Braktaxx may appear with the group destroying the village.
- Glomm may appear during the final battle, to the north.
- When you kill Tsa Ketn, all of the Drowned he summoned will also die. These will not count towards your kill bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 66 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 19 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: You may have to kill some Drowned in the final wave to get Aggression
- Chests: Up to four
- One for completion
- One for killing Braktaxx
- One for killing Glomm
- One for keeping at least one Raveneye villager alive
- Collectables: Four
- Three Moss
- Colossal Clam (randomly placed)
- NPC rewards: A choice of the following. One to two items may be replaced with Elder's Focus and/or Raven's Sight.
||Elder's Focus ( )||Necklace||
||7||The Last Stand, End reward|
||Raven's Sight ( )||Goggles||
||7||The Last Stand, End reward|
Named Chest Drop
||Twisted Talisman ( )||Necklace||
||7||The Last Stand, End chest|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Braktaxx ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Adept ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Channeler ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Mage ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Scout ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Sergeant ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Deep Water Soldier ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|
|Drowned ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Glomm ( view • )||Ooze||Ochre Jelly|
|Mudman ( view • )||Elemental||Muckman|
|Tsa Ketn ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Sahuagin|