The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate
The Prelate of the Six hides somewhere in these ruined chambers. Defeat him and locate the source of the temple's power.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate|
|Takes place in:||Sorrowdusk Temple|
|Bestowed by:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|NPC contact:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Return to the temple through its side entrance, defeat the Prelate of the Cult of the Dark Six, and find the entrance to the inner temple. Do not enter it yet.
|The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate is the 4th quest in the Cult of the Six .|
|The Temple Outpost: Captives of the Cult • The Temple Outpost: The Libram of the Six • The Fane of the Six: Cleansing the Temple • The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate • The Sanctum: Quench the Flames • The Sanctum: Church of the Fury|
- Slay Prelate Vendisto of the Dark Six
- Find the way to the inner temple
- (Optional) Slay Sear — Bonus (15%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Helga Nightwalker — Bonus (5%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Puzzles (mandatory: 2 tile puzzles)
- Locked doors (Mandatory: Can be picked or smashed) Lock DCs. Smashing the door: 18 Strength required (17:Fail; 18:Success).
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- This quest uses the same map as the last quest, but you must enter through the side entrance, where you came out from the last one. (It's down the side of the temple to the right, keep bearing right and down the stairs/path at the cliffs.)
- The end-boss, Prelate Vendisto, is immune to electricity.
- The locked doors can be picked, or broken with STR 18, or fireball or the like.
- Fire resistance/protection is EXTREMELY helpful in this quest; not only are there several fire mephits, but the Warriors of the Six like to use Scorching Ray.
- The puzzles are not shown (clearly - faintly blueish areas) on the map (right) - the first is south of the first intersection, the second is at the dead-end T-intersection south of the shrine.
- The southeast section leading to the front entrance (where the previous quest starts) is blocked off; no need to go east past the bridge (although you could avoid the mephits in the northwest hall by jumping down there).
- Solving the second puzzle will release several fire mephits; this fight can be avoided by saving the tile nearest the door for last, and jumping back out. The doors will close, locking in the mephits. Alternatively, somebody sneaky could just wait about a minute for the door to open, if they haven't roused the mephits yet.
- Beware returning to the shrine; the mephits in the northwest hallway respawn.
- There's a lever behind the sarcophagus behind the second locked door (to the south), which is easy to miss.
- The route to the exit (heading north from the northeast part of the map) has several fire mephits; if the party is hurting, it's possible for just one person (preferably with fire protection!) to simply race or sneak past and find that exit, fulfilling the quest objective "Find the way to the inner temple", while everyone else hangs back and then recalls once the quest registers as complete.
- The Conquest bonus on Normal requires killing the respawned mephits and wights (in the first locked room).
- Sear may appear by the second (south) puzzle.
- Helga Nightwalker may appear in the locked room with the wights. You may have to kill the wights, allow them to respawn (4-5 minutes), and kill them again to get her to spawn.
- Discreet bonus: 9 or fewer monsters killed +5% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 31 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 73 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Chests: Up to 3
- 1 behind a secret door in a room just before Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 in the room past Prelate Vendisto's room
- 1 possible after slaying Helga Nightwalker
- Collectables: Six
- Rubble in the western room near the second puzzle
- Two Mushrooms past the first locked door
- Cabinet behind the third locked door (to the north)
- Adventurer's Pack behind the secret door in the same room
- Bookshelf in the room past Prelate Vendisto's
- NPC rewards: None until all six quests are completed
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Cultist of the Six ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Fire Mephit Warrior ( view • )||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Glass Spider Queen ( view • )||Vermin||Spider|
|Granite Gargoyle ( view • )||Monstrous Humanoid||Gargoyle|
|Greater Fire Mephit ( view • )||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Helga Nightwalker ( view • )||Undead||Wight|
|High Cultist ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Human Necromancer ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Mephit of Fernia ( view • )||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Prelate Vendisto of the Six ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Sear ( view • )||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Warrior of the Six ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Wight Myrmidon ( view • )||Undead||Wight|
|Wight Priest ( view • )||Undead||Wight|
- Cultists of the Six - Human clerics
- Glass Spider Queen
- Granite Gargoyles
- Greater Fire Mephits - may spawn from Mephits of Fernia
- High Cultists - Human clerics
- Mephits of Fernia
- Warriors of the Six - Human fighter/wizards
- Wight Myrmidons
- Wight Priest