The Sanctum: Church of the Fury
Journey into the heart of Sorrowdusk Temple and defeat its cruel bishop before his ritual of summoning is completed.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Sanctum: Church of the Fury|
|Takes place in:||Fane of the Six|
|Bestowed by:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|NPC contact:||Lord Hragg of Grey Moon|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Slay Bishop Zashaoth and smash the cult's idol of the Fury before the bishop succeeds in summoning an army of fire reavers!
|The Sanctum: Church of the Fury is the 6th quest in the Cult of the Six .|
|The Temple Outpost: Captives of the Cult • The Temple Outpost: The Libram of the Six • The Fane of the Six: Cleansing the Temple • The Fane of the Six: Fall of the Prelate • The Sanctum: Quench the Flames • The Sanctum: Church of the Fury|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed)
- Puzzle (mandatory: puzzle wheels)
- Dart trap just in the first corridor to the west; control box is on the northern face of the center pillar on the far side
- Blade trap in the second corridor to the west; control box is on the eastern face (near side) of the center wall
- Fire trap in the eastern corridor, on the rise; control box is on the eastern face of the center pillar entering the corridor
- One-shot fire trap guarding the chest; cannot be disarmed.
Tips and Misc
- Again, despite both entrances being active, only the main door is colored yellow on the map; both entrances will bring you to the same spot.
- Again, fire resistance is a must, while electricity resistance and blindness ward can be helpful in the end fight.
- The eastern and western passages don't contain anything required to complete the quest, though you can disable two traps for extra XP.
- Be careful breaking sarcophagi; wights might spawn.
- It is impossible to achieve Insidious Cunning in this quest - the four kills you are required to make (Fire Reaver to open the blue barrier, Bishop Zasha'oth, Azhakul the summoned Fire Reaver, and the Idol of the Fury (which counts as a kill)) result in a Devious bonus.
- Puzzle wheels:
- Yellow = Elephant/Octopus (5 turns)
- Red = Manyshot/Scorpion/Double F (3 turns)
- Blue = F/f (3 turns)
- Green = H (3 turns)
- Devious bonus: 4 or fewer monsters killed +7% Bonus.
- Aggression bonus: 25 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 33 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 40 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 57 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 75 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 92 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 2 at the end for killing Azhakul the Fire Reaver
- Collectables: Six
- Bookcase in the southwest area of the central room
- Alchemy table in the northwest area of the central room
- Adventurer's Pack at the end of the western corridor
- Mushroom on a ledge up high, in the first southern alcove down the eastern corridor
- Mushroom on a ledge near the lava at the end of the eastern corridor
- Adventurer's Pack in the southwest corner of the room south of the central room
- NPC rewards: Go back to Hragg and claim a reward from the list.
|Azhakul the Fire Reaver (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Bishop Zasha'oth of the Fury (view)||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Cultist of the Six (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Drow Scorpion Cleric (view)||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Drow Scorpion (view)||Aberration||Drow Scorpion|
|Fire Mephit (view)||OR Summoned by another mephit:||Fire Outsider||Mephit|
|Fire Reaver (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|High Cultist (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Idol of the Fury (view)||0||Construct||Inanimate Object|
|Wight Myrmidon (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Wight Priest (view)||Undead||Wight|