The Temple Outpost: Captives of the Cult
The clerics of this cursed temple have enslaved many ogres of the Grey Moon tribe. Only you can free these captives from their misery.
|Requires access to : Sorrowdusk Isle|
|The Temple Outpost: Captives of the Cult|
|Takes place in:||The Temple Outpost|
|Quest acquired in:||Sorrowdusk Isle|
|Free to Play:||No|
Investigate the outpost of Sorrowdusk's ruined temple and free any ogres the dark clerics have enslaved.
- This is the first part of Chapter 1 (first of six parts total) in the Cult of the Six story arc.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Acquire Jailer's Key
- Free all ogres held in the temple outpost - 7 total
- (Optional) Smash all the sarcophagi (40 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Dread Wraith Pratol — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Myrmidon Automedon — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: key)
- Poison trap in the west of the first room; no control box, however it only fires once and is easily avoided.
- Poison traps in the southeast secret room; no control box, however they also only fire once and are easily avoided (stick to the edge of the room)
- Poison traps in the east and west alcoves of the western room off the north corridor; control box is on the west wall between the first two sarcophagi
Tips and Misc
- There is no shrine in this quest.
- Fortification items are must-have, since trolls do a lot of damage with critical hits.
- The sarcophagi are all inside the six hidden rooms, and are guarded by wights or black puddings. There are actually 45 of them, though you only need to break 40.
- In the western room along the north corridor, five of the sarcophagi will automatically break and release wights if you don't destroy them at range. However, you will still be able to get both the optional and Ransack even if this happens.
- Starting with lower east and going counterclockwise, hidden rooms contain: puddings, wights, wights, wights, cultists, puddings.
- The cell doors cannot be picked. They key will be dropped by a Warrior of the Six in a random location.
- The Warriors of the Six like to cast Bull's Strength and Scorching Ray.
- The ogres are being held in the southeast, northeast, and southwest corners (2 each), with one at the first junction.
- There are four sarcophagi in the west-central secret room, which look different (more barbaric) than the others; these don't count towards the 40.
- Dread Wraith Pratol will appear after smashing all four of these special sarcophagi.
- Aggression bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 49 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 60 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Observance bonus: 3 or more secret doors discovered +8% Bonus.
- Perception bonus: 4 or more secret doors discovered +10% Bonus.
- Vigilant Sight bonus: 5 or more secret doors discovered +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 58 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 76 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 93 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- Collectables: Seven, all behind secret doors - list assumes going clockwise
- Bookshelf in the first room (8 o'clock)
- Mushroom in the second room (9 o'clock)
- Adventurer's Pack in the third room (11 o'clock)
- Adventurer's Pack in the fourth room (1 o'clock)
- Mushroom & Cabinet in the fifth room (3 o'clock)
- Crude Altar in the sixth room (4 o'clock)
- NPC rewards: None until all six quests are completed
|Dread Wraith Pratol (view)||Undead||Wraith|
|Myrmidon Automedon (view)||Undead||Wight|
|Black Pudding (view)||Ooze||Black Pudding|
|Cultist Jailer (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Cultist of the Six (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Deathblood Troll (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Troll Shaman (view)||Giant||Troll|
|Warrior of the Six (view)||Humanoid||Human|
|Wight Priest (view)||Undead||Wight|