The Deal and the Demon
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Yugoloth mercenaries are found throughout the fiendish planes and other dark corners of the multiverse. They are notorious for serving whichever side suits their purposes - often, the highest bidder.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|The Deal and the Demon|
|Takes place in:||The Realm of Ruin|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
Ymris the Yugoloth has proposed a deal: help him and his mercenaries assassinate the demon Kishnaurac, and he will help you retrieve the Orb that Kishnaurac is guarding for Lolth. If you can retrieve the Orb, it will bring you one step closer to freeing the Thread of the Weave.
- Talk to Ymris the yugoloth
- Remove the Sign of Binding
- Remove the Sign of Shielding
- Remove the Sign of Vigilance
- Disable the Orb
- (Optional) Let Ymris summon mercenaries +7.5% Bonus.
- Spell Wards that do substantial fire damage, all can be disabled.
Tips and Misc
- The chest which contains the Spider-spun Caparison has been moved to the end of the quest and linked to allowing Ymris to summon his mercenaries. Previous to U17 it was near the beginning of the quest; the developers deemed this too easy.
- Graal'zerub can teleport off of the edge and fall. If this happens he may end up back towards the beginning of the quest. You will have to backtrack to kill him and complete the quest. This can be done after defeating Kishnarac.
- The Signs can either be touched to disable, which triggers a spell ward, or can be inspected closer to allow a check to be made to disable it without any problems. Binding (Touch and disable it.) has a UMD check. Shielding (Knock and shatter.) has a Strength check. Vigilance (Sweep it away.) has a Concentration check; if failed it summons a Hezrou.
NOTE: If you want the tamper xp (trapping disable bonus), you will need to intentionally fail the first 2 Signs to generate the spell wards to disable.
- For the optional, the mercenaries help you kill Arith'narac, but turn on you for the boss fight at the end.
- Can be run solo in under 5 minutes making it a very fast loot and XP run. You can do the quest for loot over and over without returning to Eveningstar as long as you leave the orb alone.
- Aggression bonus: 24 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 16 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 25 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 2
- 1 end chest for defeating Kishnaurac
- 1 optional chest for allowing Ymris to summon his mercenaries and defeating them
- NPC rewards: Standard items, Potion of Major Mnemonic.
Named Chest Drop
|Planar Focus of Prowess||Trinket||
||22||or||The Deal and the Demon, End Chest ; Menace of the Underdark: The Queen of the Demonweb, Quest chain end reward|
|Spider-spun Caparison||Outfit||22||The Deal and the Demon, Mercenary Chest|
|Terrorweb Chitin Breastplate||Breastplate||22||The Deal and the Demon, Hidden Chest|
|Kishnaurac (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Arith'narac (view)||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Chosen of Lolth (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Graal'zerub (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Demonweb Terror (view)||Magical Beast||Spider|
|Yugoloth Mercenary (view)||Evil Outsider||Yugoloth|
DC for Signs
|Skill||Quest Difficulty||Skill Total||Suspected DC range|
|Sign of Binding (Use Magical Device roll)||Normal||10:Fail||11-?|
|Sign of Shielding (Strength check)||Normal||24:Success||?-24|
|Sign of Vigilance (Concentration roll)||Normal||35:Success||?-35|
|Convince Ymris to not call his mercenaries (Intimidate roll)||Normal||43:Fail||44-56|