Reclaiming the Rift
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
As the Rift Between Worlds grows, more and more of Eberron bleeds into the Demonweb. Only life blood given in self-sacrifice can stabilize the Rift and halt the cruel magic of the Spider Queen.
|Requires access to : Menace of the Underdark|
|Reclaiming the Rift|
|Takes place in:||The Rift Between Worlds|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||No|
The Rift Between Worlds in the Demonweb is gradually consuming Eberron. The wizard Valana has devised a way for you to stabilize that Rift - though it will come at the cost of your own life energy.
Go to the Edge of the Rift inside the Demonweb. Once there, stabilize the Rift Between Worlds and retrieve the arcane Orb guarded by Khaszlokhar.
- Find a way to the Rift
- Stabilize the Rift (have to use rift 8 times total)
- (Optional) Face each test only once +7.5% Bonus.
- Disable the Orb
Tips and Misc
There are two teleport points you will be returned to if you fall off, depending on where you fall off. If you fall off prior to the end fight platform, you will be returned to the start of the quest. If you fall off in the area of the final platform, you will be returned to the area above the final platform, just after the last gate. From the end you can return to the start of the quest by jumping off to be returned to the second point, and then jumping off again to be returned to the start.
There are three gates that you must pass in order to reach the final platform. Each gate will drop only when all of the nearby enemies that spawn are killed. This can be quite annoying when drow or driders spawn up on some perch, out of melee range, and refuse to come down and "fight fair". Bring some form of ranged weapon/attack.
Once you arrive at the final platform and move towards the rift near the shrines, the fights/waves/tests begin. After each wave, the barrier behind the shrine is lowered for you to use the rift. It only drops for a few seconds and it takes away 50hp from you. If you miss the time frame, you have to redo the same fight/test you just did. When soloing, I recommend fighting as close to the barrier as possible. When grouping, designate the person with the most HP or how you are going to alternate, etc before the waves start so you don't miss your opportunity and the optional.
It can be helpful (though more time-consuming) to fight at the top of the web-bridge leading to the final area and range a couple of mobs at a time to your location. When you're down to one or two left, have a volunteer go to the barrier, and run back (or simply leap off the edge) as soon as the test is complete before the next wave spawns (alternatively, have somebody simply stationed at the barrier doing nothing but stabilize it). Be warned that on higher difficulties, Planewalker Drow will spawn *behind you* on this platform.
The hitpoints are lost for 15 minutes, and get refreshed with each new stack. If soloing, this is not fast enough. However, you can rest at the shrine to clear your stack and restore back to full hitpoints.
- Test foes:
- First through Fourth: Some combination of dretches, driders, and planewalker drow
- Fifth: Bebelith
- Sixth through Eighth: Some combination of driders, planewalker drow, and draegloth
Bug: Enemies can rarely fall off the final platform, especially enemies that jump like driders and draegloths. When this happens, they seem to be teleported to one of the two above mentioned points. Since the test will be stalled until you kill that enemy, jump off and check the two points if you don't see any more enemies but the test does not complete.
- Aggression bonus: 29 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 38 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 46 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 15 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 20 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 24 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: Conquest is guaranteed here on elite (with 113 kills), as this is a kill all the monsters to complete type quest. Normal only has 36 kills (good for Aggression) unless you farm one of the waves (worth more XP than the optional).
- Collectables: 3
- Adventurer's Pack on a ledge after the second drop point (with a high enough Jump, you can reach this without landing on it during the drop)
- Bones after the last drop point
- Adventurer's Pack on the side rock west of the final area
- NPC rewards: Random ML 20 Loot, Potions of Major Mnemonic and a chance of +3 tomes.
Named Chest Drop
- Planar Focus of Erudition - Trinket: Random Ability Bonus ( , , , , , or ), Set Bonus [ML:22, ] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
- Embrace of the Spider Queen - , Random Ability Bonus ( , , , or ), , , , , 5/-, Upgrade: 375 Purple Dragon Knights Favor and 15 Commendation: Purple Dragon Knights adds Set Bonus [ML:22, ] (Chest Loot: End Chest)
|Bebilith (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Draegloth (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Khaszlokhar (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Planewalker Drow (view)||Elf||Drow Elf|
|Ravenous Dretch (view)||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Soulherd Drider (view)||Aberration||Drider|