North of the King's Forest lies a small farming village - a common stop for adventurers before the Drow began their vicious assault on the surface world.
Eveningstar is a public area introduced in Update 14. It is the player hub in the Forgotten Realms, serving a similar purpose to Stormreach. The village of Eveningstar is located in the kingdom of the Cormyr, approximately 100 miles North of the capital city, Suzail, and the Lake of Dragons is located near the northern edge of the King's Forest.
The High Road, a major trading route in Northern Cormyr (running from the city of Arabel, in Eastern Cormyr, to the Western Storm Horns and the cities of Easting and Proskur beyond), crosses the Starwater river at Eveningstar and runs along the Northern side of the village.
See the FR wiki entry for more details on Eveningstar in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting.
Access to Eveningstar
Minimum level for accessing Eveningstar:
- Level 1, if you have undergone True Reincarnation and possess a Key to the City - Eveningstar from a previous life.
- Level 11, if you are grouped with someone of higher level.
- Level 12, if you are not grouped with someone of higher level.
- Iconic characters can use their innate Hall of Heroes Passport at any level, even level 1.
Minimum level requirements within Eveningstar:
- Level 14 to enter the heroic The High Road wilderness area
- Level 15 to do challenges, enter non-epic quests within the Eveningstar village and enter the heroic The Storm Horns wilderness area
- Level 20 to enter other wilderness areas
Getting to Eveningstar
- The simplest way to access Eveningstar is to use a Hall of Heroes Passport, free to VIPs and all Iconic characters, and for purchase from the DDO Store
- The Passport lets you use the Transport to Forgotten Realms button on the Character Selection screen to move your character to the Hall of Heroes in Eveningstar
- The Passport can be used regardless of level and whether the character currently being used has completed the Web of Chaos quest chain.
- If you are in-game, you must log out to get to the Character Select screen.
- Without the passport, to get from Stormreach to Eveningstar for the first time, characters must complete the free-to-play Web of Chaos quest chain.
- Start by speaking to Dectaran in the Harbor. The chain consists of four quests at level 16 (Heroic) or 21 (Epic).
- NB: the portal to Eveningstar is not visible to characters who are not on (or have not completed) the first three quests in the chain. The teleport itself only activates after completing Beyond the Rift.
- Once you have completed the chain, whenever you need to go from Eberron to Eveningstar, you can walk to Eveningstar:
- Go to the quest chain entry portal in the Harbor, across the walkway from the entry to The Waterworks
- Choose Go to the Demonweb entrance (Menace to the Underdark expansion pack). This will take you to the Spinner's Prison, a small, safe public area (created at the end of the previous quest chain) containing a portal between the worlds
- Go forwards (N on the map) toward the dais where Tavnar Kronnak is standing with a pet wolf
- Turn to the left (NW on the map) and up the web-bridge toward the purple portal to The Demonweb - The bridge is safe and you can't fall off!
- Choose Travel to Eveningstar Cavern, which transports you to another small, safe public area
- Go forwards (roughly SW on the map), up the stone ramp, and out the obvious cave mouth
- You will find yourself just south of Eveningstar village.
- After reaching 125 Purple Dragon Knights favor, you will receive a Key to the City - Eveningstar as a favor reward item
- This item will allow you to teleport to the Main Square in Eveningstar, with a cooldown of 30 minutes
- If you own the Mists of Ravenloft expansion, you can exit to Eveningstar (or House Jorasco), from the three small public areas within Barovia
Getting back from Eveningstar
- The default method to return to Eberron (Stormreach) from the Forgotten Realms (Eveningstar) is to walk:
- Head to the Eveningstar Cavern:
- Either enter the Eveningstar Hall of Heroes, turn around and go back out, which will give the option to go to Eveningstar Cavern (Sometimes, the portal says "blocked"; try entering from various angles and distances to go through)
- Or run south of Eveningstar village and across the river to the Eveningstar Cavern (green portal symbol on the map)
- Head to the central purple portal, The Demonweb (From the cavern entrance, the jump is not far, but there's a steep ramp to the left if you'd prefer to use that)
- Use the portal
- You can return to Eberron via teleportation from any point in the Forgotten Realms:
- If your soul is bound to location in Eberron, you can Release after you have died or type /death to return to your bind point
- If you are in the Forgotten Realms and own the Hall of Heroes Passport, the Character Selection screen has a Transport to Eberron button
- This transports you to the Hall of Heroes in the Stormreach Marketplace
- You can enter either of the Temple of Elemental Evil quests from the Forgotten Realms Halls of Heroes
- When you exit the quest, you will appear in the Eberron Halls of Heroes NOT the Forgotten Realms version
- You can enter Barovia from Eveningstar (the portal is near to the Eveningstar Cavern entrance) and exit from Barovia to House Jorasco
Points of interest
Access to Wilderness and Public Areas
- Entrance to The High Road (Caravan to the left of The King's Forest gate)
- Entrance to The King's Forest (North entrance and teleport to southern outpost)
- Entrance to The Storm Horns (North-east corner via the bridge)
- Entrance to the Thunder Peaks (North-east corner via the bridge)
- Entrance to Wheloon Docks
- Entrance to Tethyamar Mining Outpost
- Portal to the Underdark
- Portal to the Demonweb (and to Eberron)
- Portal to Sschindylryn
- Underdark Arena Recruiter (challenges)
The Lonesome Tankard (inn)
- Darwell Kiriag, the barkeep
- Venna Alumar, the barmaid
- Melinde Agister, spirit binder
- Olarra Idlewist, The Harpers favor representative
The Hall of Heroes
Located immediately to the North of the Main Square, the Forgotten Realms Hall of Heroes has many of the same features as the Eberron version. Notable exceptions include:
- No Stormreach Teleporter
- No Guild Airship Access
- The Exit door provides teleport options to some Forgotten Realms locations including:
- Eveningstar (returning you to where you entered)
- Eveningstar Cavern
- Wheloon Docks public area
- The Thunder Peaks public area
- Elminster, found in multiple locations, depending on place in story arc
- Fatespinner and class trainers, in the South East of the village: Estlif Elarsonne, Pala Harton, Donric Yarrow, Lynia Greensward, Gelmin Asinor, Jera Quorton, Hamdan Mustgrave, Irmis Latroth, Chir Kapok, Relamis the Wanderer, Jordin Drelm, Melinda Bothgan, Yeline Tamamor, Than Galkis, and Farnoth Vorm.
- Battlemaster Dint, Purple Dragon Knights favor representative, just North of the Main Square
Traders & Brokers
- Brokers, in the Main Square
- Vendors, in the Main Square
- Orgur Emeran, Auctioneer, north side of the Main Square
- Borstrand Mettlewinter, Banker, down the stairs just south of the Main Square.
- Commendation traders:
- Rikhard Downriver <Daily Challenge Tokens>: Challenge Tokens
- Eveningstar Challenge Traders (Levels 16, 20 and 24) located together on the lower road just southwest of the main square, due west of the Banker.
- Milus Sherton, <Transport Officer> for the King's Forest
- Arman Argentine, <Mines of Tethyamar Recruiter>
Quests & Challenges
- Search and Rescue (Heroic 15 / Legendary 31) bestowed by Popkin 'The Shiv' Shortshanks, to the East of the Lonesome Tankard
- The Mask of Deception (Heroic 16 / Epic 30) bestowed by Hamish Graymoor, at the far North East of the map, near the East end of the Bridge
- Murder by Night (Heroic 19) bestowed by Delethir Mistveil, at the West side of the village, next to the Eveningstar War Hospital
- The Riddle (Heroic 19) bestowed by Ingval Muth, opposite a burned out building in the South West of the village
- Don't Drink the Water (Epic 22) bestowed by Unmar Halberg in the Main Square. Must have completed The Battle for Eveningstar
- In the Belly of the Beast (Epic 22) bestowed by Sorina Parnock, across the road to the North West of the main square. Must have completed The Battle for Eveningstar (entrance located in the Underdark)
- A Study in Sable (Epic 26) bestowed by Winne Harker, to the West of the Lonesome Tankard
- The Haunted Halls of Eveningstar (Epic 28) bestowed by Alyn Farrago, at a table in front of the Lonesome Tankard
- Disciples of Shadow (Heroic 15), North of the Main Square on the slope leading down to the wharf (Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion required for last quest)
- Song of Druid's Deep (Heroic 17 / Epic 23) - bestowed by Anazar Narroun, in the North East of the village, near the west end of the bridge (The Druid's Deep pack required)
- Netherese Legacy (Heroic 18 / Epic 24) - bestowed by Rina Belostos, at west of the village, near the gate to the King's Forest, next to a wagon that takes you to the High Road (High Road of Shadows pack required)
- The Secret of the Storm Horns (Heroic 19 / Epic 27) - bestowed by Kara Patwin (Heroic) / Lorant Tass (Epic), located on the bridge heading North East from the village (Shadowfell Conspiracy expansion required)
- Menace of the Underdark (story arc) (Epic 21-23), containing 3 consecutive quest chains (Menace of the Underdark expansion required)
- The Darkening (King's Forest) (Epic 21) - bestowed by Adamor Thellik, by a burned out building in the South West of the village
- City of Portals (Underdark) (Epic 22) - bestowed by Korrex Dunhaven, across the road to the North West of the Main Square
- Queen of the Demonweb (Epic 23) - bestowed by Xarathas, across the road to the North East of the Main Square
Main article - Eveningstar Challenge Pack