|School:||Enchantment (Compulsion) (Mind-affecting)|
|Spell Level:||Brd 2, Clr 2, DarkA 2, FvS 2, Sor/Wiz 3, Storm 2|
|Spell Point Cost:||20 (Wizard/Sorcerer), 15 (Bard, Cleric, Favored Soul)|
|Metamagic:||Quicken, Heighten, Enlarge, Embolden|
|Duration:||Maximum of 6 seconds per caster level|
|Saving Throw:||Will save negates, Will save every 3 seconds|
|Cooldown:||3 seconds (All except Sor), 2 seconds (Sor)|
The enemy humanoid becomes paralyzed and freezes in place. It is aware, but it can take no actions for a maximum of 6 seconds per caster level. A successful Will save negates this effect. The enemy may attempt to make a new Will save every 3 seconds. Humanoids include Kobolds, Goblinoids, player races except for Warforged, and more creatures. Attacks against a held opponent no longer result in automatic critical hits but rather follow the rules of helpless opponents.
- Characters underwater can’t surface and may drown.
- Note that as non-humanoids, Warforged are immune to this spell.
- A winged creature who is paralyzed cannot flap its wings and falls, though currently there are no known winged humanoids in the game.
- Corual Laoli <Arcane Scroll Vendor - Level 3> found in Object Desire in House Phiarlan
- Joanna Thurman <Arcane Scroll Vendor - Level 3> found in The Portable Hole in Teleport
- Guilliam Feathercrest <Wand Vendor> found in House of Wizardry in House Jorasco
- Panlamin Felwrought <Wand Vendor> found in Object Desire in House Phiarlan