Thorn and Paw
Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
These rustic caverns in Thorngap are known for the Druids who live side by side with bears and other woodland life. Halsaime was the most famous Druid among them.
|Requires access to : The Druid's Deep|
|Thorn and Paw|
|Takes place in:||Thorn Hollow|
|Bestowed by:||Kirinel Zay|
|NPC contact:||Kirinel Zay|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Free to Play:||No|
Help the Harpers find the Druid Halsaime, who is tied to mysterious primal corruption and to a missing Cormyrean noble. Take Garstrum Toom's ox-cart to Halsaime's home in Thorngap, deep in the King's Forest.
- This is Part 3 of The Druid's Deep story arc.
- Garstrom's oxcart is located with the group of quest-givers, on the northeast edge of Eveningstar village, at the west end of the bridge there.
- Find a way into the Druid's Den
- Destroy the Corruption Nodes (2 total)
- Stop the corruption of the forest
- Search the end of the glen for survivors
- (Optional) Defeat all the Druids (5) Heroic: +15% Bonus. / Epic: +15% Bonus.
- (Optional) Find and destroy the Corrupted Seeds Heroic: +20% Bonus. / Epic: +20% Bonus.
- Dropping floors into spikes. No control panels, but you can search and disable the pits themselves, making the surface solid. (Pit Covers have a high Spot: DC:61; on Heroic Elite.)
Tips and Misc
- There are fewer plant monsters here, but more animals. Animal Bane would be useful.
- You must go east first, then west, then finally north. Dimension Door is faster than running back.
- Randomly either the east or the west shrine will be there, but not both.
- One of the optional druids is in the first glen, one at each corrupted node, one by the shrine (depends on which side it spawns), and one in the final glen with the final corrupted node.
- Be careful fighting the druids. They drop a small glowing ball that hits you with a snare with a long duration. These persist even when the druid is killed.
- If the final barrier won't break apart, check the pit traps for live mobs that may have fallen down there.
- Speaking to the injured druid at the edge of the glen ends the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 108 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 140-141 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 172 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One end chest by Carm Woodrusk
- One possible for killing all the druids
- One possible for destroying all the Corruption Seeds
- The first optional chest will be near the third Corruption Node, and the second will be near Carm Woodrusk, no matter in which order you complete the optionals.
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack behind the southernmost root wall in the western section
- Bones behind the southernmost root wall in the eastern section
- Adventurer's Pack behind the southernmost root wall in the central section
- Bones behind the western root wall in the northern section
- NPC rewards:
Named Chest Drop
|Den Mother (view)||Animal||Bear|
|Dire Bear (view)||Animal||Bear|
|Corruption Nodule (view)||Plant||Inanimate Object|
|Frenzied Wolf (NoPic)||Animal||Wolf|
|Maddened Bear (NoPic)||Animal||Bear|
|Red Musk Zombie (NoPic)||Plant||Plant Creature|
|Vine Horror (view)||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Wood Woad (view)||Plant||Wood Woad|