Thorn and Paw
|Thorn and Paw is the 3rd quest in The Druid's Deep .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock The Druid's Curse.|
|Outbreak • Overgrowth • Thorn and Paw • The Druid's Curse|
These rustic caverns in Thorngap are known for the Druids who live side by side with bears and other woodland life. Halsaime was the most famous Druid among them.
|Requires access to : The Druid's Deep|
|Thorn and Paw|
|Takes place in:||Thorn Hollow|
|Bestowed by:||Kirinel Zay|
|NPC contact:||Kirinel Zay|
|Quest acquired in:||Eveningstar|
|Purchase:||The Druid's Deep or VIP|
Help the Harpers find the Druid Halsaime, who is tied to mysterious primal corruption and to a missing Cormyrean noble. Take Garstrum Toom's ox-cart to Halsaime's home in Thorngap, deep in the King's Forest.
- Garstrom's oxcart is located with the group of quest-givers, on the northeast edge of Eveningstar village, at the west end of the bridge there.
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Find a way into the Druid's Den
- Destroy the Corruption Nodes (2 total)
- Stop the corruption of the forest
- Search the end of the glen for survivors
- (Optional) Defeat all the Druids (5) — Bonus (14.7%): Heroic Epic
- (Optional) Find and destroy the Corrupted Seeds (9 total) — Bonus (19.6%): Heroic Epic
- Dropping floors into spikes. No control panels, but you can search and disable the pits themselves, making the surface solid. Pit Covers have a high Spot: DC:61; on Heroic Elite. (Bug: the Epic version of the traps erroneously appear within the Heroic version hence those high DCs appearing within Heroic).
Tips and Misc
- There are fewer plant monsters here, but more animals. Animal Bane would be useful.
- You must go east first, then west, then finally north. Dimension Door is faster than running back.
- Randomly either the east or the west shrine will be there, but not both.
- One of the optional druids is in the first glen, one at each corrupted node, one by the shrine (depends on which side it spawns), and one in the final glen with the final corrupted node.
- Be careful fighting the druids. They drop a small glowing ball that hits you with a snare with a long duration. These persist even when the druid is killed.
- Locating and destroying the Corrupted Seeds can be very time consuming and they tend to be well-hidden with some placed within bear caves, which are initially blocked-off by root-barriers.
- Hirelings can also be used to successfully retrieve and destroy Seeds; if you focus on the seed, command the Hireling to interact. The Hireling will usually try to reach the seed, which can be useful if you cannot clearly see the path to its location, but have it in focus.
- If the final barrier won't break apart, check the pit traps for live mobs that may have fallen down there.
- Speaking to the injured druid at the edge of the glen ends the quest.
- Aggression bonus: 108 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 140 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 172 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 1 or more trap disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 2 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 13 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 17 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 21 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 3
- One end chest by Carm Woodrusk
- One possible for killing all the druids
- One possible for destroying all the Corruption Seeds
- The first optional chest will be near the third Corruption Node, and the second will be near Carm Woodrusk.
- Collectables: 4
- Adventurer's Pack behind the southernmost root wall in the western section
- Bones behind the southernmost root wall in the eastern section
- Adventurer's Pack behind the southernmost root wall in the central section
- Bones behind the western root wall in the northern section
- NPC rewards: standard
Named Chest Drop
||Livewood Core (Level 15) ( )||Docent||
||15||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 15) ( )||Scalemail||
||15||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Heroic Normal)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 16) ( )||Scalemail||
||16||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Livewood Core (Level 16) ( )||Docent||
||16||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Heroic Hard)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 17) ( )||Scalemail||
||17||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Livewood Core (Level 17) ( )||Docent||
||17||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Heroic Elite)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 22) ( )||Scalemail||
||22||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Epic Normal)|
||Livewood Core (Level 22) ( )||Docent||
||22||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Epic Normal)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 23) ( )||Scalemail||
||23||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Epic Hard)|
||Livewood Core (Level 23) ( )||Docent||
||23||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Epic Hard)|
||Leaves of the Forest (Level 24) ( )||Scalemail||
||24||Thorn and Paw, End chest (Epic Elite)|
||Livewood Core (Level 24) ( )||Docent||
||24||Thorn and Paw, Corrupted Seeds optional chest (Epic Elite)|
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Bear ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Corruption Nodule ( view • )||Plant||Inanimate Object|
|Den Mother ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Dire Bear ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Drien ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Flinbeck ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Frenzied Wolf ( view • )||Animal||Wolf|
|Garick ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Larres ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Maddened Bear ( view • )||Animal||Bear|
|Red Musk Zombie ( view • )||Plant||Plant Creature|
|Thomren ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Vine Horror ( view • )||Plant||Vine Stalker|
|Wood Woad ( view • )||Plant||Wood Woad|