The Swiped Signet
The Quickfoot Gang has fought hard for a scrap of sewers to call a hideout. It will not willingly give up its loot.
|The Swiped Signet|
|Takes place in:||Quickfoot Hideout|
|Quest acquired in:||Phoenix Tavern|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
Grinwhite lost his House Jorasco signet brooch to a Quickfoot thief who escaped into the sewers beneath the marketplace. Chase the thief into his hideout and retrieve the brooch.
- Retrieve Grinwhite's Signet Brooch from the Quickfoot Hideout
- Shatter the quickfoot gang (45 total)
- (Optional) Slay the Quickfoot Warforge Mercenaries — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Ironclaw — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Sizzle — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Sleet — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Whirlwind — Bonus (25%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Scourge — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Grudge — Bonus (20%): Heroic
- (Optional) Slay Duskspur — Bonus (15%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some don't require rogue skills to be disarmed)
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Rune (optional: requires a WIS check)
- Skill DCs and pictures of all traps, control panel locations, and locked doors can be found in the above links by hovering over the description text.
- 1st acid trap in the western passage is controlled by a valve, or a trap control panel located just north of the valve. Turning the valve produces the DM text: A warning klaxon blares for a few moments, then falls abruptly silent. Bug: This doesn't seem to have any effect on the number on enemies that spawn.
- 2nd acid trap in the corridor has a control panel on the corner before the trap, to the south.
- Poison trap in the western corridor after the acid traps. Trap control panel is just past the trap, on the south wall. The trap doesn't activate until you open the door to the hideout.
- Sonic trap around the corner past the locked door to the hideout, in the water. Trap ontrol panel is on a pillar to the north. May only fire once.
- Sonic trap around the corner past the pneumatic door. Trap control panel is on the north wall.
Tips and Misc
- Caster opponents become quite nasty on Hard/Elite difficulty. Be prepared for their Blindness and Sleet Storm spells. They will use this combination of spells on you as you try to traverse skinny platforms over a long fall into water.
- Although not needed to complete, a Rogue (locked doors and traps) and someone with high Wisdom for the wisdom rune are definitely good to have here.
- The rune-locked door to the north requires a Wisdom of to open; behind it are a number of mephits, as well as several breakables.
- After turning the valve west of the rune-locked door, several mobs will spawn behind you, including a caster.
- Scourge will appear past the second acid trap, just before the poison trap.
- Grudge will appear in the large room in the northwest.
- The Warforged Mercenaries will appear in the water room past the valve-locked door, up the stairs to your right as you enter.
- Duskspur may appear in the lower section of the water room, near the rubble.
- Quinn the Quickfoot will spawn in the northern alcove past the second trap, opposite the metal gate. The gate will rise and four dogs will attack from the south. No bonus XP or chest for him; always spawns but is not a required kill.
- Ironclaw will appear behind the locked door just past Quinn.
- Sizzle, Sleet or Whirlwind may appear behind the rune-locked door. At most one of these three will spawn but it is not guaranteed that any will spawn. If none spawn, one Air Mephit, one Fire Mephit, and one Ice Mephit will spawn instead.
- All mephits have a chance to spawn other weaker mephits. This includes the three named ones that can appear in this quest. On Hard and lower difficulty they can spawn basic versions of mephits but on Elite they may spawn Greater Air Mephits, Greater Fire Mephits, or Greater Ice Mephits.
- The discretion bonuses are unobtainable because of the 45 required kills to complete this quest.
- Aggression bonus: 53 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 69 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 85 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 3 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 4 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 40 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 52 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 68 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 4–6
- 1 optional for killing Scourge (Glass Spider, found past the second acid trap and just before the poison trap)
- 1 optional for killing Grudge (Brown Spider, found in the large room in the North-west)
- 1 optional for killing the Quickfoot Warforge Mercenaries (found in the water room, up the stairs to the right as you come in)
- 1 optional for killing Duskspur (Scorpion, doesn't always spawn, found in the lower section of the water room, near the rubble)
- 1 optional for killing Ironclaw (Iron Defender, found behind the locked door just past Quinn)
- 1 optional for killing Sleet/Whirlwind/Sizzle (Air Mephit/Ice Mephit/Fire Mephit, mutually exclusive, may spawn behind the rune-locked door)
- Collectables: Five
- Adventurer's Pack in the room to the northwest
- Moss in the water room, down the ladder near the bottom
- Cabinet along the eastern wall behind the rune-locked door
- Cabinet along the south wall just past the valve-locked door to the west
- Rubble just past the next valve-locked door
- NPC rewards: Random item
Named Chest Drop
||Ruined Signet Brooch ( )||Trinket||
||1||The Swiped Signet, End Chest (guaranteed)|