|Sinister Storage is the 2nd quest in the Harbinger of Madness .|
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock In The Flesh.|
|Missing • Sinister Storage • Fear Factory • In The Flesh|
Neighbors report horrible noises issuing from this oddly-named warehouse. The Stormreach Chronicle wants you to investigate.
|Requires access to : Harbinger of Madness|
|Takes place in:||Creative Objects Storage|
|Bestowed by:||Parker Pipewort|
|NPC contact:||Parker Pipewort|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Chronicle worker Parker Pipewort is writing a story on the Taken creatures that recently appeared in Stormreach. He's made a connection between the creatures and a warehouse in the Harbor, and he wants you to investigate.
Enter the 'Creative Objects Storage' in the Harbor and find out what's going on.
- The quest itself is located centered on the very south side of The Harbor, east-southeast of The Wayward Lobster
- Investigate the warehouse
- Fight off the warehouse workers (15 total)
- Defend against the Taken (12 total)
- Kill the Taken and their allies (18 total)
- Destroy the Taken and Greater Thaarak Hounds (18 total)
- Defeat Mahlurat
- (Optional) Slay Anilstyll the mindflayer — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Kill the Greater Thaarak Hound, Shaarak — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Randomly placed collectables
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- Recommended buffs at all times:
- Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire Resistance
- Blur or Displacement
- Greater Heroism
- Freedom of Movement
- Death Ward
- Protection From Evil
- The first wave involves workers who attack you in melee. The second wave throws the Taken at you. The third wave is where the Greater Thaarak Hounds and Mind Flayer casters start to show up along with the Taken and they can easily cause problems. The final wave pits you against Mahlurat while more of the same enemies continuously spawn as his HP drops.
- The fights can easily be done in manageable chunks, especially if you stay near the corners. Otto's Sphere of Dancing is an excellent Crowd Control spell here, due to the limited space involved.
- Freedom of Movement does NOT block the Sticky effect.
- Mahlurat's melee attacks deal electrical damage and can apply an electrical damage over time effect.
- Anikstyll may appear in the third round, and Shaarak in the fourth round (the two are mutually exclusive.) The spawn rate for both is very low – Shaarak in particular almost never spawns.
- Conquest bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Notes: Breakables can be targeted only after certain rounds and no breakable bonus is possible. Conquest is automatic.
- Chests: 1–2
- 1 optional for killing Anilstyll/Shaarak (Mind Flayer/Thaarak Hound; they don't always spawn, mutually exclusive)
- 1 at the end for killing Mahlurat (Flesh Render)
- Collectables: 3
- randomly placed – Fungus and Mold
- NPC rewards: Random ML 9–13 items; choose from 4
Named Chest Drop
||Staff of Fleshshaping ( )||Quarterstaff||
||14||Sinister Storage, End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Anikstyll ( view • )||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Greater Thaarak Hound ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Mahlurat ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Mind Flayer Mage ( view • )||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Shaarak ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Taken ( view • )||Aberration||Taken|
|Warehouse Worker (elf) ( view • )||Elf||Elf|
|Warehouse Worker (human) ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|