Game mechanics • Newbie guide • In development • DDO Store • Social Media
Challenges • Classes • Collectables • Crafting • Enhancements • Epic Destinies • Favor • Feats
Glossary • Items • Maps • Monsters • Places • Quests • Races • Reincarnation • Skills • Spells
Please create an account or log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat/Discord if you need any help!
|Sinister Storage is the 2nd quest in the Harbinger of Madness story arcStory arcs are chains of quests that make up a story line.|
Completing everything in a story arc often yields a nice reward..
|The first three quests can be completed in any order to unlock In The Flesh.|
|Missing • Sinister Storage • Fear Factory • In The Flesh|
Neighbors report horrible noises issuing from this oddly-named warehouse. The Stormreach Chronicle wants you to investigate.
| Requires access to adventure pack|
|Heroic XP:||♣1,219Solo/Casual ♦2,116Normal ♥2,200Hard ♠2,284Elite|
|Takes place in:||Creative Objects Storage|
|Bestowed by:||Parker Pipewort|
|NPC contact:||Parker Pipewort|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Purchase:||Harbinger of Madness or VIP|
Chronicle worker Parker Pipewort is writing a story on the Taken creatures that recently appeared in Stormreach. He's made a connection between the creatures and a warehouse in the Harbor, and he wants you to investigate.
Enter the 'Creative Objects Storage' in the Harbor and find out what's going on.
- The quest itself is located centered on the very south side of The Harbor, east-southeast of The Wayward Lobster
Spoiler Warning: Spoiler material below this point!
- Investigate the warehouse
- Fight off the warehouse workers (15 total)
- Defend against the Taken (12 total)
- Kill the Taken and their allies (18 total)
- Destroy the Taken and Greater Thaarak Hounds (18 total)
- Defeat Mahlurat
- (Optional) Slay Anilstyll the mindflayer — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣122 ♦212 ♥220 ♠228 )
- (Optional) Kill the Greater Thaarak Hound, Shaarak — Bonus (10%): Heroic( ♣122 ♦212 ♥220 ♠228 )
What to Expect
- Randomly placed collectables
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- Recommended buffs at all times:
- Acid, Cold, Electric, and Fire Resistance
- Blur or Displacement
- Greater Heroism
- Freedom of Movement
- Death Ward
- Protection From Evil
- The first wave involves workers who attack you in melee. The second wave throws the Taken at you. The third wave is where the Greater Thaarak Hounds and Mind Flayer casters start to show up along with the Taken and they can easily cause problems. The final wave pits you against Mahlurat while more of the same enemies continuously spawn as his HP drops.
- The fights can easily be done in manageable chunks, especially if you stay near the corners. Otto's Sphere of Dancing is an excellent Crowd Control spell here, due to the limited space involved.
- Freedom of Movement does NOT block the Sticky effect.
- Mahlurat's melee attacks deal electrical damage and can apply an electrical damage over time effect.
- Anikstyll may appear in the third round, and Shaarak in the fourth round (the two are mutually exclusive.) The spawn rate for both is very low – Shaarak in particular almost never spawns.
- Conquest bonus: 62 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.( ♣305 ♦529 ♥550 ♠571 )
- Notes: Breakables can be targeted only after certain rounds and no breakable bonus is possible. Conquest is automatic.
- Chests: 1–2
- 1 optional for killing Anilstyll/Shaarak (Mind Flayer/Thaarak Hound; they don't always spawn, mutually exclusive)
- 1 at the end for killing Mahlurat (Flesh Render)
- Collectables: 3
- randomly placed – Fungus and Mold
- NPC rewards: Random ML 9–13 items; choose from 4
Named Chest Drop
|Name ( picture )||CR||Type||Race|
|Anikstyll ( view • edit )||♠25Elite||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Greater Thaarak Hound ( view • edit )||♦15Normal ♥18Hard ♠21Elite||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Mahlurat ( view • edit )||♦18Normal ♥21Hard ♠26Elite||Evil Outsider||Demon|
|Mind Flayer Mage ( view • edit )||♦16Normal ♥19Hard ♠23Elite||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Shaarak ( view • edit )||♠25Elite||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Taken ( view • edit )||♦13Normal ♥15Hard ♠18Elite||Aberration||Taken|
|Warehouse Worker (elf) ( view • edit )||♦16Normal ♥18Hard ♠21Elite||Elf||Elf|
|Warehouse Worker (human) ( view • edit )||♦16Normal ♥18Hard ♠21Elite||Humanoid||Human|
DDOwiki maintenance categories
DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories
Root > DDO game guides > Maps > Quests with maps
Root > DDO library
Root > DDO meta
Root > DDO meta > DDO Official
Root > DDOwiki meta
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Pay to Play quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by adventure pack > Harbinger of Madness quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by duration > Medium quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by favor reward > Quests with 5 base favor reward
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > DDO Compendium
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by level > Level 15 quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by location > The Harbor quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by name
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by patron > The Free Agents patron quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by story arc > Harbinger of Madness chain quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests by zone > Creative Objects Storage quests
Root > DDOwiki meta > DDOwiki metacategories > Quests > Quests with no traps