Warning: The information on this page might be inaccurate due to a game update.
If you know any information on this page to be in error, please fix it by clicking thelink above.
Reason: Needs to have parameters updated due to changes in Quest.
Reporters for the Stormreach Chronicle believe that Morley Blode, proprietor of this shop, is the one responsible for creating the Taken.
|Requires access to : Harbinger of Madness|
|Takes place in:||Blode's Curio Shop|
|Bestowed by:||Felicity Mallow|
|NPC contact:||Felicity Mallow|
|Quest acquired in:||The Harbor|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Enter Blode's Curio Shop. in the Harbor and try to learn how the Taken are made.
- This is Part Three of Harbinger of Madness
- The quest itself is located due south of Felicity Mallow, down the same alley that leads to the Bonebite Hideout
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Confront Morley Blode
- Fight off Morley's followers (6 total)
- Open the storeroom and deal with Morely Blode
- Hunt down Morley Blode
- Destroy the Xorian cocoons (10 total)
- Find Morley's other lab and destroy the Xorian cocoons within (10 total)
- Activate the two controls to lower the drawbridges. (One is on a pillar to the west. The other is on the bottom level beneath the grating in the southeast. Access to that level is underwater next to the west pillar.)
- Spy on Morley's conversation
- Fight off the deranged followers (6 total)
- Survive the Taken swarm (6 total)
- Destroy Neihoden
- (Optional) Put the undead adventurers to rest (4 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
- (Optional) Destroy any other Xorian cocoons found (8 total) — Bonus (10%): Heroic
What to Expect
- Trap (fixed)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest items (mandatory: 20 Cocoons and optional: 10 Cocoons)
- Spike trap on the sides of a door frame in the north-south passage; control panel location apparently varies. Easily timed.
Tips and Misc
- Recommended buffs at all times:
- Acid Resistance
- Blur or Displacement
- Greater Heroism
- Most of this quest involves mass numbers of Taken and Crazed/Deranged Followers being thrown at you in melee fights with few surprises.
- Freedom of Movement does NOT block the Sticky effect.
- The long drop after the first shrine isn't a point of no return; you can turn a valve to lower a ladder so you can climb back up.
- The second drop (by the third shrine) IS a point of no return; additionally, despite looking like water at the bottom, it's shallow - use Feather Falling.
- Neihoden periodically activates some kind of breath ability after taking enough damage. He cannot be targeted while using it. It sometimes causes an AoE knockdown.
- The undead optional requires Knock or picking the lock to complete, and can be found in the east wing past the first dropdown.
- Trivia: The undead adventurers optional is a reference to the '80s D&D Cartoon, which starred a Cavalier, Ranger, Magician, Acrobat, Barbarian, and Thief. The (deceased) Acrobat can be found elsewhere, while the Thief... well, the acrobat got backstabbed by someone.
- Aggression bonus: 84 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 109 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 31 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 51 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Notes: Rusted pipes don't count as breakables; Xoriat Cocoons, however, do.
- Chests: 3
- 1 optional behind a locked door for killing the undead adventurers (found in the eastern corridor past the first drop-down)
- 1 optional for destroying all the cocoons (found just past the second cocoon wing)
- 1 at the end for killing Neihoden (Taken)
- Collectables: Seven
- Mold in the water below the first drawbridgelever
- Mold behind a gate after the first drop-down
- Mold down the western corridor, near the deceased acrobat
- Mold on the wall down the eastern corridor, before the room with the other deceased adventurers
- Mold before the second water area
- Mold just before the second set of shrines, behind some rusted pipes
- Mold at the bottom of the water past the second set of shrines
- NPC rewards: Random ML 12-14 items; choose from 6
Named Chest Drop
||Infused Chaosrobe ( )||Robe||
||14||Fear Factory, End chest|
|Name ( picture • New Monster )||CR||Type||Race|
|Arcane Ooze ( view • )||Ooze||Arcane Ooze|
|Clan Tunnelworm Thrower ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Tunnelworm Warrior ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Clan Tunnelworm Witch Doctor ( view • )||Reptilian||Kobold|
|Crazed Follower ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Deranged Follower ( view • )||Humanoid||Human|
|Greater Thaarak Hound ( view • )||Evil Outsider||Hellhound|
|Mind Flayer Mage ( view • )||Aberration||Mind Flayer|
|Neihoden ( view • )||Aberration||Taken|
|Taken ( view • )||Aberration||Taken|
|Undead Barbarian ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Cavalier ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Magician ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|
|Undead Ranger ( view • )||Undead||Zombie|