Race: Mind Flayer
Collects: Siberys Dragonshard
- House Jorasco Enclave, in the northern section, in front of The Dead Halls (Dead Predators quest), under the Garden of Respite.
- The Sane Asylum
- Night Falls on Stormreach
- The Price of Freedom
Description: Fred can respec the feats you chose while leveling up. Fred is kidnapped in The Sane Asylum, and you must rescue him.
Notes: Fred's real name is unpronounceable.
Note: Any character which was level 20 or higher at the time of release of Update 51 will be unable to use Fred until they complete a lesser reincarnation.
Fred can respec (i.e. change) the feats you chose while leveling up, both standard feats (Levels 1, 3, 6, etc.) and selectable class feats like Ranger's Favored Enemy, Artificer's Bonus Feats, and Rogue's Special Abilities, etc.
One of the following is required to respec a feat:
- A Feat Respec Token, from the Hall of the Mark in The Marketplace, free (by running the short, non-combat quest), once per character per life
- Platinum and a Siberys Dragonshard* (see table below)
- * Dragonshards are a rare drop from chests, but can be found regularly on the Auction House (prices will vary).
Normally this can be done only once every three real-time days, however if you use Astral Shards or the free re-spec token from Hall of the Mark quest, the 3-day timer does not apply. Be aware that if you have a Feat Respec Token you cannot use a Siberys Dragonshard instead. The game will only allow you to use the token.
- Note: If a character has taken a Feat that has a previous one as a prerequisite, they cannot simply change the first (since the second will become "illegal"), and so must drop the second then change the first. Update 45 now allows characters to change their Deity Feat.
- If you need to change more than one Feat (either now, or later in your build plan), save your free Feat Respec Token from the Hall of the Mark quest for the highest level Feat you want to change. Lower-level Dragonshards are easier/cheaper to obtain than higher ones, so just spend the coin and a lesser Siberys Dragonshard for the lower levels needed.
- If you can't remember the order you took your feats, you can go to Fred and drag them down, one at a time, and Fred will show you what Level you were when you took them. Don't change them (so no cost) and repeat until you have a complete picture.
- For multi-class builds, that same trick can be used to get a (partial) picture of the order you took your different classes. Fred shows your "current" class mix at every level you had a selectable feat or class special ability, so at Levels 1, 3, 6, etc., and also any time you had a selectable Class feat (e.g with Fighter, Monk, Wizard, Ranger's Favored Enemies, etc.).
- If it is illegal to change a Feat, such as any pre-requisite to another feat you have, it will not be listed. For example, if you took Power Attack and then Cleave, you cannot change Power Attack (since it is a pre-requisite for Cleave), so it will not be listed as available to change. You must first change the 2nd feat, then that frees up the pre-requisite to be changed.
- Similarly with Domains where the character has taken the second in the series. Since Fred can only change one at a time, and the series is tied together, Domains can only be changed if only the first one is present.
- Some older Feats (pre U19, etc.) are no longer used in the game, so will not be listed via Fred.
|1||10||Flawed Siberys Dragonshard|
|2||80||Flawed Siberys Dragonshard|
|3||270||Flawed Siberys Dragonshard|
|4||640||Flawed Siberys Dragonshard|
|5||1,250||Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard|
|6||2,160||Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard|
|7||3,430||Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard|
|8||5,120||Imperfect Siberys Dragonshard|
|13||21,970||Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard|
|14||27,440||Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard|
|15||33,750||Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard|
|16||40,960||Exceptional Siberys Dragonshard|
|17||49,130||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|18||58,320||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|19||68,590||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|20||80,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|21||84,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|22||88,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|23||92,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|24||96,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|25||100,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|26||104,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|27||108,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|28||112,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|29||116,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
|30||120,000||Flawless Siberys Dragonshard|
The Price of Freedom
Color Type: Orange - Named Enemy
Habitat: The Price of Freedom
Description: Fred will teleport away before being killed, probably because he needs to be alive for future quests. This means he has no Monster Manual entry.