Arraetrikos <Lord of Shavarath>
Monster Manual classification: Unknown
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Boss: Purple Named - Powerful Boss
- Attack Bonus:
- Attack Damage:
(plus or minus 10) ( )
- Double-strikes occasionally on Normal, and almost all of the time on Elite (two attacks in one swing animation)
- Considered to have rogue levels on hard/elite - and thus can sneak attack and score critical hits on players with 100% fortification.
- True Seeing
- Pit Fiends' melee attacks also have poison and disease effect as following:
- Poison Injury: Fortitude DC 32, initially 1 to 6 CON damage, secondary 1000 Con damage.
- Devil Chills disease: Fortitude DC 32, 1 to 6 STR damage.
Save DC ~28-36
- Delayed Blast Fireball: (save DC )
- Meteor Swarm: 4x 60-90 fire damage (save DC ), 4x 20-30 bludgeon damage (no save, unaffected by DR)
- Hold Monster, Mass: DC suspected to be
- Greater Dispel Magic mass: He has this spell, yet casts it EXTREMELY rarely. On most runs you won't see it ever get cast.
- Teleport Other: teleports random player into his melee range (only in phase 5) DC ~28 Normal
As a level 28 caster using Maximize and Empower, though his spells all cap at CL20 or lower:
- DBF: 80-120 * 2.5 = 200-300 fire damage
- Meteor Swarm: 24-36 + 8-12 * 2.5 = 4x 60-90 fire (save half) + 4x 20-30 Bludgeoning (No save)
Special Qualities: * HP: Very High: (Note: Hard/Elite figures need to be verified post U12)
- - part 4
- - part 5
- - part 4 Legendary
- DR: /Silver+Good (Developer Confirmation).
- Fortification: (Developer Confirmation)
- Saves: Normal: Fort 35+, Will 35+, Reflex 27+
- Feats: Maximize, Empower, Enlarge. Evasion on Hard/Elite only. Sneak attack 8d6 on hard/elite.
- Resists/Immunities: Immunity to Curses, Fire, Poison and Symbol of Weakness. Resistance to acid and cold 30 (Normal), ~60 points on Elite
- Spell Resistance:
- Intimidate DC: (Though intimidate has very little effect, as his aggro randomly changes every 2 seconds)
For a while, Arraetrikos counted as a Horned Devil called Captain of Shavarath in the Monster Manual. This no longer occurs.
Arraetrikos appears in a number of other quests, including the quests in adventure pack The Devil's Gambit (where he makes brief appearances in each quest stealing a powerful magical artifact), The Devil's Details (where he makes a short speech to his minions before departing for the Shroud), and Tower of Despair, where he is, for once, on the party's side. He also guest starred as the reward NPC for the fiendishly-themed second season of the Hardcore League.
|Originally Posted by |
(His DR is) 15/good and 15/silver; 50% fort. And of course it gets worse on Hard/Elite...