The Chamber of Raiyum
|Requires access to : Demon Sands|
King Raiyum once commanded a legion of soldiers from across the planes. His kingdom is buried beneath the sands, but Raiyum himself rests not so peacefully.
|The Chamber of Raiyum|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Wizard-King|
|Bestowed by:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|NPC contact:||Miroc Thrice-Born|
|Quest acquired in:||Zawabi's Refuge|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Find the wizard-king's burial chamber
- Clear the entrance chamber of enemies (Kill 20 Gnolls)
- Retrieve the Scorpion Crest
- Open the sealed doors
- Destroy Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- Retrieve the Phylactery
- (Optional) Defeat the Akvan the Djinni: (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the Mehrdad the Djinni: (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat Rahab the Efreeti: (25% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy Hafez the Lion: (50% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy Hami the Jackal: (50% of base XP)
- (Optional) Slay Den Mother Yheeroua: (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Defeat the Eternal Gatekeepers (Defeat 8): (30% of base XP)
- (Optional) Find a way into the treasure chamber: (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Traps (random)
- Collapsing floors
- Overlapping floors
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Runes (optional: require INT checks)
- Locked Shrine x2/Treasure room (INT rune: 13 on all difficulties) (Addendum 27 April 2012: INT 9-12 was sufficient on hard and elite)
- Randomly placed quest items (Seal of Fire, on the bottom floor and Phylactery of Raiyum on the top central floors)
Falling floors, spinning blades and acid traps.
Tips and Misc
- Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are located randomly. If you have 18+ intelligence, you can read ancient epigraphs on the way and tell which one is waiting ahead on that wing of the dungeon. (texts here)
- There is a small invulnerable fire mephit called Jabib the Torchlighter on the bottom floor that will occasionally say where Hafez and Hami's tombs are located.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the southern wing and dust Hami's tomb.
- (Say): Jabib the Torchlighter says, Jabib must remember to go to the northern wing and dust Hafez's tomb.
- You can instantly slay Akvan the Djinni with the Seal of the Soul from The Chamber of Rahmat
- You can instantly slay Mehrdad the Djinni with the Seal of the Heavens from The Chamber of Kourush
- There's a seal in this quest itself (underground floor, the Seal of Fire) to avoid fighting Rahab the Efreeti.
- Raiyum, the Wizard-King can be a tough boss (unless you immediately hit him with disintegrate spells). To defeat him you'll need to prepare your melees with cold resistance as he has a permanent ice shield effect, or slay him with magic: though doing so is difficult since he is immune to all spells fourth level or lower, as well as all spells that deal cold or electric damage. The only real functional spells you can use if you do this at-level are Disintegrate and Divine Punishment. On epic difficulty you could use some higher level acid/fire/healing spells as well.
- The treasure chamber is located in the lower part of of the map, right in the center near the two optional shrines (INT 9-12 required to get in here). However, It is warded by a flame barrier - to lower the barrier you need to light the three skulls above it. Each skull represents a red named boss: One for Hami, one for Hafez and one for Raiyum. Defeat all 3 to lower the barrier and gain the treasure.
- You'll also want to do this on Epic Difficulty, since the epic chest (which contains the shards needed for the item upgrades) is located in the treasure room.
- Players often refer to the locations where Raiyum, Hafez and Hami are to be found as towers and split the party members between towers: Tower 1 is on the north side, Tower 2 is on the west side and Tower 3 is on the South side.
- Epic: Having curse potions is necessary for the final fight, since Raiyum's Wraiths will inflict an anti-healing curse if they hit you.
- Aggression bonus: 215 or more monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 280 or more monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 345 or more monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Tamper bonus: 5-8 or more traps disarmed +10% Bonus.
- Neutralization bonus: 6-9 or more traps disarmed +20% Bonus.
- Ingenious Debilitation bonus: 8-11 or more traps disarmed +30% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 117 or more breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 153 or more breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 188 or more breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Notes: It seems since the amount of traps is random, trap bonuses can vary.
- Chests: 8-11, some are random spawns. +1 on Epic difficulty
- 1 for killing Akvan, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Mehrdad, the Djinni
- 1 for killing Rahab, the Efreeti
- 1 for killing Raiyum, the Wizard-King
- 3 for finding a way into the treasure chamber
- The epic chest is also located here, thus you must clear the whole quest to get the chest/token
- 1-4 randomly placed throughout the dungeon
- NPC rewards: Random item (up to 10 level weapons, 11 level accessories)
Named Chest Drop
These items appear in a single chest in the treasure chamber in the center of the tomb's lowest floor.
- Adherent's Pendant - Necklace: Wizardry II, Devotion +66, , Paladin-only (UMD DC 12)
- Bejeweled Letter Opener - +4 Dagger 1.50[1d4]: , , Resonance +60, Devotion +60,
- Bracers of Deftness - Bracers: , , Tumble +10,
- Mysterious Ring - Ring: Charisma +3, Fortification 75%,
- Mysterious Ring - Ring: Dexterity +3, Resistance +3,
- Mysterious Ring - Ring: Constitution +3, Spell Penetration I,
- Mysterious Ring - Ring: Strength +3, ,
- Silken Mail - +5 Chainmail: , Axeblock I, Move Silently +11,
- Sirocco - +4 Longsword: Telekinetic, Sirocco,
- Spectacles of Spirit Sight - Goggles: Enchantment Focus, Necromancy Focus,
- Vambraces of Inner Light - +5 Full plate: Charisma +5, Command,
- Hand of the Tombs - Rune Arm: Maximum Charge Tier: III, Exploding Fire Shot, Disrupting Weapons, Inherent (5) Fire Resistance - 5, Rune Arm Imbue: Fire II, Craftable Rune Arm (+4)
- Clay Golems
- Eternal Hunters
- Eternal Warriors
- Eternal Wizards
- Death Hex Wraiths
- Greater Dust Mephits
- Greater Fire Mephits
- Greater Salt Mephits
- Greater Sand Mephits
- Menechtarun Cleavers
- Menechtarun Ghasts
- Menechtarun Hyenas
- Mummy Avengers
- Mummy Guardians
- Mummy Prince
- Windlasher Ascetics
- Windlasher Berserkers
- Windlasher Gnolls
- Windlasher Harriers
- Windlasher Packmasters
- Windlasher Shamans
- Windlasher Spirit Callers
- Akvan - Red-named djinn; required kill unless you have a Seal of the Soul
- Den Mother Yheeroua - Orange-named gnoll; required kill - her chest drops the Item:Crest of the Scorpion
- Eternal Gatekeepers - Orange-named mummies
- Hafez the Lion - Optional Red-named mummy; always spawns
- Hami the Jackal - Optional Red-named mummy; always spawns
- Mehrdad - Red-named djinn; required kill unless you have a Seal of the Heavens
- Rahab - Red-named efreet; required kill unless you have a Seal of Fire
- Raiyum, the Wizard-King - Red-named lich; end boss