|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
An Offering of Blood
|Requires access to adventure pack: Demon Sands|
|An Offering of Blood|
|Heroic XP:||♣3,024 ♦5,300 ♥5,559 ♠5,820|
|Epic XP:||♦19,850 ♥20,240 ♠20,630|
|Takes place in:||The Vulkoorim Spiral|
|NPC contact:||Calyx Shattermoon|
|Quest acquired in:||Zawabi's Refuge|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
Calyx Shattermoon, an outcast drow priestess, told you about the Vulkoorim Spiral, hidden in the southeast of the Demon Sands. This shrine is sacred to the Vulkoorim, a scorrow tribe that believes it was chosen by the god Vulkoor to rule over scorrow and drow alike. By stealing the blood of a sacrificed gnoll, you can strike a blow against the Vulkoorim and their wrathful god. The shrine should also be rich with the gifts of Vulkoor's worshippers...
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Descend into the ritual chamber
- Steal the Blood Offering to Vulkoor
- Slay the Aspect of Wrath
- Slay the Aspect of the Hunter
- Slay the Aspect of Cunning
- Seek out Calyx in the upper levels
- Give the Blood Offering to Calyx
- (Optional) Kill the High Priest of Vulkoor
- (Optional) Kill Darkstinger
What to Expect
- Traps (fixed, some undisarmable)
- Point of no return
- Spawning/respawning monsters
Tips and Misc
- Acid resist
- Electricity resist
- Fire resist
- Sonic resist
Stepping into the quest, you are at the top of a long drop. This is a good place to buff up. Head down once everyone is in. You'll be greeted by a bunch of scorpions.
When you are ready for a fight, grab the bowl from the altar. This triggers a scorpion. Fight him at the north door. As soon as he dies, the door will open and the race will begin.
This quest has constant respawns behind you at different points. They will all run up the spiral trying to catch up to you. The best way to deal with this is to move quickly and leave crowd control as you go. The doors to the left contain optionals and sometimes chests. Many groups will go for the speed route and ignore these doors, so make the plan before you take off.
The first bridge you reach is trapped with fire, so be careful. You can close bridges behind you, but if you do so you cannot get back through later, if you should need a re-entry. It does block the respawns behind you, though.
When you get to the firewall blocking the door further, kill the named to open the route up. There is a chest in the side passage there, if you are feeling up to it. Heading further up the spiral, you will eventually get to another bridge room. There is a pit under the bridges that leads to a safe, submerged tunnel, and another shrine.
After shrining, someone, or everyone, is going to need to climb up the lightning trapped path, or across the ledges around the back of the room, and drop down and lower the second bridge from the other side. Once everyone is across, lift the bridge back up and clear the area.
The next room is the last fight. Take out the support scorrows before dropping the drow caster. She has super duper stoneskin, but it will drop eventually. When she falls, ignore all the scorpions that appear, head further in and into the next cave, talk to the drow and complete the quest.
Now head back to Calyx in the Refuge to get your blood bowl and an end reward. (With many thanks to the Lost Leader for most of this walkthrough.)
- Aggression bonus: 60 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Onslaught bonus: 78 monsters killed +15% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 98 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Mischief bonus: 18 breakables smashed +8% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 24 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 29 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: 1 near entrance behind locked door, 2 after the second Aspect, 1 end chest for epic setting
- Collectables: Mushrooms, chance for Fragrant Drowshood, spore pods and beetles
- NPC rewards: Random item
Items can be found in any of three rooms after the second Aspect. Weapons and armor are ML10, all bind to character on equip.
- Ancient Vulkoorim Dagger - +5 Dagger 1.50[1d6], piercing & slashing: Greater Giant Bane, Giant Slayer, Red Augment Slot, Purple Augment Slot
- Vulkoorim Fighting Leathers - +5 Light armor: Improved Fire Resistance, Hide +10, Red Augment Slot
- Ward of Undeath - +4 Heavy shield: Ghost touch, Flaming, Undead Bane, Flametouched Iron, Red Augment Slot
- Spectral Gloves - Gloves: Ethereal, Attack Bonus +2, Dexterity +5
- Desert Scorpions
- Drow Fanatics
- Drow Missionarys
- Drow Scholars
- Drow Seekers
- Drow Stalkers
- Drow Zealots
- Menechtarun Cleavers
- Menechtarun Crushers
- Scorrow Pilgrims
- Scorrow Raiders
- Scorrow Seekers
- Spawn of Vulkoor
- Vulkoorim Adepts
- Vulkoorim Dervishs
- Vulkoorim Priests
- Vulkoorim Prophets
- Vulkoorim Savants
- Vulkoorim Scholars