|Items | Crafting | Collectables | Quests | Challenges | Maps | Monsters | Places | Favor |
Races | Classes | Enhancements | Epic Destinies | Feats | Skills | Spells | Glossary
We are testing a new skin! Let us know what you think.
|Please log in to build a reputation and unlock more editing privileges, and then visit DDO wiki's IRC Chat if you need any help!or|
The Chamber of Kourush
|Requires access to adventure pack: Demon Sands|
Kourush the Astrologer was Raiyum's chief advisor. When the Wizard-King passed on, Kourush was entombed to serve him in the afterlife.
|The Chamber of Kourush|
|Heroic XP:||♣820 ♦1,433 ♥1,500 ♠1,567|
|Takes place in:||Tomb of the Astrologer|
|NPC contact:||Wayfinder Skavyr|
|Quest acquired in:||Sands of Menechtarun|
|Patron:||The Free Agents|
|Free to Play:||No|
When exploring the Menechtarun, you located the Tomb of the Astrologer. Legend has it that Kourush the Astrologer was murdered and buried by the Wizard-King, Raiyum, at the same time that Raiyum himself achieved lich-hood. Search the tomb for Kourush's burial chamber and the treasures it must hold.
- This is a walk-up quest and the reward NPC is located in Zawabi's Refuge.
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Explore the tomb
- Destroy Kourush the Astrologer
- (Optional) Take the Seal of the Heavens (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy 25 Servants' Coffins (Kill 25) (10% of base XP)
- (Optional) Destroy 10 Guardian Mummies (Kill 10) (20% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Packmaster Ruuh-Ooru (15% of base XP)
- (Optional) Kill Zheeregh the Summoner (15% of base XP)
What to Expect
- Spawning/respawning monsters
- Randomly placed quest item (mandatory: seal)
Tips and Misc
- Mummies are prevalent; be sure to bring plenty of Remove Curse and Remove Disease potions to combat the Mummy Rot (alternatively, a Disease Immunity item will block it; however, they will still cast their Mummy Curse which makes healing 50% less effective, so Remove Curse clickies/potions are still a good idea).
- The two western corridors mostly have hyenas and gnolls, although mummy guardians may spawn from the sarcophagi at the top of the stairs; after that, however, you're facing undead.
- There are two shrines in the quest; one is always in the center, while the other is located in one of several random locations around the eastern loop.
- The sarcophagi may contain a Guardian Mummy, which will spawn upon breaking; note that even after the optional is completed, you may still encounter several more.
- The coffins may similarly contain a skeleton which will spawn upon breaking; note that some of them are hidden in niches in the eastern corridor.
- Kourush will appear in a random location around the eastern loop; the DM will give you an audio clue ("Kourush the Astrologer rises from his slumber and shambles toward you.") when you near the one containing him, giving you a chance to avoid him if you need the second shrine or are pursuing bonuses. Also, you have to break his sarcophagus, giving you a chance to fight any mummies in the room first - just beware fighting near it!
- The potential chambers (including the one where he is) will contain several sarcophagi, which will break upon entering the room; mummies might appear from them. Note that these do NOT count towards your breakables bonus; if you want that, you will need to target the sarcophagi from outside the room and break them from a distance.
- His chest can be looted before fighting him; the Seal of the Heavens will spawn upon Kourush's demise. It's Bound to Character; only one appears per party/instance of the quest but the optional xp is acquired by everyone.
- Aggression bonus: 75 monsters killed +10% Bonus.
- Conquest bonus: 130 monsters killed +25% Bonus.
- Vandal bonus: 47 breakables smashed +10% Bonus.
- Ransack bonus: 59 breakables smashed +15% Bonus.
- Chests: Two
- One in the center of the map, near the first shrine
- One in Kourush's chamber
- Collectables: Five
- Adventurer's Pack in the north room
- Crude Altar halfway down the eastern passage
- Crude Altar further south
- Adventurer's Pack still further south
- Adventurer's Pack in the middle of the southern corridor
- NPC rewards: Random +3-7 item; choose from 7 or guild renown. Talk to Wayfinder Skavyr in Zawabi's Refuge for your reward.
- Entombed Slave CR: 7/9/12 (N/H/E)
- Eternal Hunter CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Eternal Warrior CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Eternal Wizard CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Menechtarun Ghast CR: 12/14/17 (N/H/E)
- Menechtarun Ghoul CR: 6/8/11 (N/H/E)
- Menechtarun Hyena CR: 6/8/11 (N/H/E)
- Mummy CR: 5/7/10 (N/H/E)
- Mummy Guardian CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Windlasher Ascetic CR: 8/10/13 (N/H/E)
- Windlasher Berserker CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Windlasher Evoker CR: --/10/13 (does not appear on Normal)
- Windlasher Harrier CR: 10/12/15 (N/H/E)
- Windlasher Shaman CR: 8 (Normal only)