|Level:||Brd 4, Sor/Wiz 4, Wlk 3|
|Spell Point Cost:||25|
|Target:||Friend, Self, Positional|
|Cooldown:||60 seconds (Brd/Wiz), 30 seconds (Sor)|
Dimension door (also known as DDoor or simply DD) creates a white, translucent door in a dungeon or wilderness.
- There is no XP penalty since the adventure is not exited.
- There is no waiting time (unlike recalling) although there may be a loading screen if you are far enough from the quest entrance.
- The teleport cannot be interrupted by monster attacks (Some crowd control effects can still stop you).
- Monsters, players, and projectiles are not blocked by the dimension door, but only players may use it. Dead players and monsters cannot use it.
- You can select yourself (F1) to cast the door right in front of you.
- Similar to most persistent spells, dimension door disappears if the caster move out of range, dies or leaves the instance while it is up.
- However unlike other persistent spells which instantly dissipate, Dimension Doors will linger for 6 seconds after the caster leaves the area. It will however instantly disappear if he dies.
This spell offers a unique benefit often valuable in quests and it is frequently requested from arcane casters. Situations where dimension door is useful include:
- Escaping a battle which has turned unfavorable to the party.
- Reaccessing certain part of the quest which otherwise has become inaccessible.
- Saving time so that you don't have to walk back to the entrance, e.g. to clear another dungeon wing.
Dimension door scrolls cannot be bought in shops (but are commonly found in random treasure). Therefore, it is recommended that wizards select this spell during level-up.
Some quests, however, seal off the entrance from the rest of the dungeon after certain conditions are met. If you take a Dimension Door in such quests, you won't be able to access the end chests. Quests where the entrance is locked include:
- Haywire Foundry - If you do not have someone to pull the lever to let you back in the first gate.
Additionally, most raids feature a locking mechanism to prevent late entry / re-entry. This also punishes the users of Dimension Door. Exceptions are Caught in the Web, Hound of Xoriat, Tempest's Spine, and The Chronoscope.
- Enhancement: Archmage Conjuration specialist
- Epic destiny: Shadowdancer 5th core
- Feat: Human Lesser Dragonmark of Passage
- Hireling: Mikayl the Pious, 11 Fighter
- Scroll: rare drop in chests
Additionally, Dimension Door effect is available in a few quests: