From DDO wiki
|9,491 edits and counting!|
|How do you kill someone with absolutely no life!?|
Cru121 has 5,000 or more edits - keep up the good work!
Convert table to ..
Pic syntax (I keep forgetting this)
Tips for editing item description screen shots
My favorite image viewers/editors:
- IrfanView (freeware for non-commercial use) - my default viewer ( )
- Microsoft Paint/Paintbrush (Start - Run - pbrush) or right-click a pic and select Edit.
My pic processing procedure
- Make a DDO screen shot
- Browse the screen shots in My Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online using IrfanView
- Using mouse, select roughly the part of the screen shot that I need.
- Press Ctrl+Y to keep only the selected part.
- Press s to open Save as dialog. Save as PNG under proper name, such as Rusty Dagger (Level 28).png to my desktop.
- Escape to close IrfanView.
- Right-click pic, select Edit. (MS Paint opens)
- Hold Ctrl and scroll with your mouse to zoom in.
- Ctrl+A to select all.
- (I am using the BlackBird skin so I don't have wings)
- Use keyboard arrows to set the top left corner.
- Ctrl+E, set pic width to 420 pixel.
- (Few items are slightly wider than 420 px, then I need to undo with Ctrl+Z, and press Left keyboard arrow some more to cut few (2-3) pixels from the item border. Then again set to 420 px.)
- Ctrl+A to select all again. (This discards the pixels we moved offscreen)
- Clean up the right side. Usually pics are often 413 pixels wide. This means, I need to press Right keyboard arrow 7 times so that all screen shot background is offscreen.
- Ctrl+A to select all. Press Left 3-4 times to center the pic, having 3-4 px wide white bars on both sides.
- Scroll down, hover your mouse over the bottom end of the pic. The bottom left corner of your Paint window displays mouse coordinates. The second number is height.
- Press Ctrl+E, set pic height appropriately.
- Ctrl+s to save, Alt+F4 to close Paint.
- Open pic in IrfanView.
- Go Image > Decrease Color Depth > 64 colors. This will greatly reduce file size.
- Save and exit.
- Ready to upload.