Underdark Arena: Ring of Fire
|Requires access to : Eveningstar Challenge Pack|
(Note: This does NOT mean it requires purchase of anything, you may play with free daily tokens.)
|Underdark Arena: Ring of Fire|
|Level Range:||15 - 30|
|Duration:||Variable time limit|
|Base XP Range:|
|Takes place in:||Underdark Arena|
|Challenge entrance(s) in:||Eveningstar Cavern|
|Patron:||Purple Dragon Knights|
|Free to Play:||Yes|
|5 Star Difficulty:||Difficult|
Spoiler Warning: Information below this point can be considered spoiler material!
- Survive at least three rounds
- (Optional) Challenge the Elemental
- (Optional) Solve the Wizard's Riddle
- (Optional) Challenge the Fire Witch
- (Optional) Challenge the Dragon
Note: You must complete the first star objective to receive experience & rewards from this Challenge.
Spell traps may be present in the four corners of the arena.
Tips and Misc
- Accepting the Wizard's Riddle will spawn chests, one in each corner of the arena. One of the chests is real, the others are mimics and will attack when opened. Open the real chest to earn the star and some loot. Mimics can be identified by looking at the bar beflow their health bar, the mimics will list a CR, the real chest will not. The Wizard's Riddle chests no longer drop Flawless Red Dragon Scales since they were removed in U14.2.
- End chest in this challenge is the same quest as in Fight to the Finish challenge. Doing this challenge multiple times decreases amount of chest opens needed to ransack the chest in another Underdark Arena challenge. That is because Fight to the Finish chests can drop Flawless Red Dragon Scales also.[ ]
- This note is likely no longer true as of the U14.2 chest changes. Needs verification.
- The floor of this arena is mostly lava, and many of the enemies are fire based. It is advised to bring appropriate resists and damage types.
- The next wave will spawn a few moments after you completely kill the last wave.
- That means the faster you kill a wave, the sooner the next wave will arrive.
- Once you have defeated enough waves to complete 3 rounds, each wave adds extra kills for extra points.
- If your party dies in the instance, the Dragon will begin a countdown from five, much like a boxing referee. Once he reaches zero, the challenge ends.
- If you have completed one objective, you will get your reward, if not you will fail.
- There does not appear to be a point penalty associated with this, though you wont earn as many points if you die early.
- A rez shrine appears near where the start gong was after the challenge is over.
- There is a series of sigils on the north wall above the mob entrance that show you your progress through the objectives. One lights up for each one you complete.
- After each round, the CR of the mobs goes up slightly.
- After the third round, the CR of the mobs slowly goes up as you kill more waves.
- Each wave after the first has random quantities and types of the mobs, with each spawning from the three gates.
- The first round is wave of Dretches or Pyrachnids.
- The second wave adds hell hounds to the Dretch wave and the CR of the Pyrachnids goes up.
- The third wave is the fight with the red named Salamander, gargoyles and/or Fire Elementals.
- After the third wave the Mobs can be any of the ones you have seen before, spawned in mini groups from each gate.
- Around the time you hit 115 kills (possibly when you hit CR 18 for the spawns) Hezrous will be added.
- Initial Duration: 10 minutes
- Each of the first three bells hit will grant an additional 30 seconds
- The final bell to summon the dragon will grant an additional 3 minutes, for a total maximum duration of 14 minutes, 30 seconds.
- You can also use a minute of time, once per instance. Which brings the maximum duration up to 15 minutes, 30 seconds.
- Chests: Up to Two:
- 1 chest upon completion of the Wizard's Riddle
- 1 chest upon defeating the Red Dragon
- Collectables: Flawless Red Dragon Scales from the final dragon chest, should you defeat him.
- Ingredient reward: Golden Lions